Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 4 (Aug. 2008 - June 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Point de Vue the announcement of an engagement is imminent.
Also in the new issue (Semaine du 25 Nov au 02 Déc 2008) they talk about an imminent marriage, once again.
Cover of Point de Vue
"Monaco. The archbishop prepares the wedding of Albert and Charlene"

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at Nice airport, November 6, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I would love Charlene to inject some real Royal identity back into the Monaco Royal Family if she marries Albert. They (Caroline and Stephanie) have spurned tiaras and orders for too long now so I would love her to be a really grand princess with all the trimmings to give Monaco back a bit of the status that Princess Grace did.

P.S. I know Princess C does wear her tiara a lot outside of Monaco at other Royal events but thats not what I am talking about here.

You think being a princess is all about about wearing a tiara and posing for pictures to promote oneself? :eek: You don't think the sisters are doing a good job? :lol: I think they might know being a princess (by birth) is more than wearing a tiara, like creating and running charities where they have a real interest. They don't just hitch a ride on someone else's cause because they have a title or were interested in obtaining one. They actually have an interest in the charities they promote - they use their titles and their images to promote causes and charites they want to bring attention to, not the other way around!

Also Grace is the one that started many of these charities. She brought her own charitable nature and her own beautiful image to Monaco, that she earned as an Oscar winning actress. She was use to actually working, she didn't expect Monaco to create an image for her, rather she brought it with her and helped create an image for Monaco ;). I don't think she would appreciate someone else trying to cash in on her image and what SHE created and worked hard for. I doubt she would be happy for someone to represent her or her charities in any way, who was just interested in being a recipient of her son's wallet or position in life - you know, a Tiara! :rolleyes:

I would think the next princess is going to need to actually be charitable not a obvious desperate attempt to be seen as charitable. It takes more than just showing up on the arm of someone who was willing to buy a dress for you to appear in, and then buy your ticket to get admittance inside:rolleyes:. In what way does a woman look charitable here? Then to show up with the same dress bought by someone else to auction off the following year, at an event for a cause that you have not done one thing for? So someone actually bid on a dress that Prince Albert's date wore? :rolleyes::D. If Charlene wanted a charitable image she should have created it for herself when she lived in her country that is in so much need? The one Charlene is meant to have represented by swimming for Her country :rolleyes: that she doesn't seem to even want to claim as her own. IMO considering all -- It is a very hard sell to connect Charlene's name with any kind of charity without it seeming ridiculous. She has had all the time in the world to do something charitable for someone while she was living off of another person's dime, even that just sounds wrong :nonono:, but it's better than not doing a thing for someone else or even oneself when one is given the opportunity.

This is my opinion I don't think CW bring class to this family. They already had class.

You think being a princess is all about about wearing a tiara and posing for pictures to promote oneself? :eek: You don't think the sisters are doing a good job? :lol: I think they might know being a princess (by birth) is more than wearing a tiara, like creating and running charities where they have a real interest. They don't just hitch a ride on someone else's cause because they have a title or were interested in obtaining one. They actually have an interest in the charities they promote - they use their titles and their images to promote causes and charites they want to bring attention to, not the other way around!

Also Grace is the one that started many of these charities. She brought her own charitable nature and her own beautiful image to Monaco, that she earned as an Oscar winning actress. She was use to actually working, she didn't expect Monaco to create an image for her, rather she brought it with her and helped create an image for Monaco ;). I don't think she would appreciate someone else trying to cash in on her image and what SHE created and worked hard for. I doubt she would be happy for someone to represent her or her charities in any way, who was just interested in being a recipient of her son's wallet or position in life - you know, a Tiara! :rolleyes:

I would think the next princess is going to need to actually be charitable not a obvious desperate attempt to be seen as charitable. It takes more than just showing up on the arm of someone who was willing to buy a dress for you to appear in, and then buy your ticket to get admittance inside:rolleyes:. In what way does a woman look charitable here? Then to show up with the same dress bought by someone else to auction off the following year, at an event for a cause that you have not done one thing for? So someone actually bid on a dress that Prince Albert's date wore? :rolleyes::D. If Charlene wanted a charitable image she should have created it for herself when she lived in her country that is in so much need? The one Charlene is meant to have represented by swimming for Her country :rolleyes: that she doesn't seem to even want to claim as her own. IMO considering all -- It is a very hard sell to connect Charlene's name with any kind of charity without it seeming ridiculous. She has had all the time in the world to do something charitable for someone while she was living off of another person's dime, even that just sounds wrong :nonono:, but it's better than not doing a thing for someone else or even oneself when one is given the opportunity.

Points well taken Sandsla. If Charlene had slowly developed her own charitable interests and were seen at those events without Albert or it was known in SA that she did charitable works and organizations that supported that attribute, then I would say that she was a charitable person in her own right. However, this fact has not been well supported in any of her interviews or elsewhere. I wonder if Albert is behind her Wildlife Foundation gala appearance in Singapore or if the dress designer came up with it to get press for herself? I don't know because it's just not clear. You are right about Grace who was kind and understood what power she had to do good works for those less fortunate, and I applaud your comments about Caroline and Stephanie as their hard work is not applauded in the press.

Please remember that this is the thread to discuss the
current events of Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock.

If you like to discuss their relationship please use the
corresponding thread that can be found here:
Prince Albert and Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

Pics 7.12.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock attend to the French
League One soccer match Monaco vs Sochaux, Sunday, Dec 7, 2008,
in Monaco stadium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Charlene has a nice coat, she looks attractive. But she and Albert don't look like couple, just two friends standing together.

I agree. The third photo is a nice photo of her, and the one of Albert in the coat is nice of him, but they don't look like a couple.

There are times when they look so cute and in love, then there are times when they are more formal.

Does anybody know who won the soccer match? they look like to buddies at a game.

I think they are really looking in love.... her smile and the way they look, their eyes are full of love and joy

Oh, I think they are more than buds. they do look in-love a lot of the time.

i see a woman that is bored out of her mind but put on a front of happiness after three years of doing the same thing she at least want some changes, but the only change i see in this photo is the new coat and the well long over due make over.:whistling:

Bored

I agree she does look bored & passionless. I hope that she does not feel that way.

I didn't see any chemistry or eye contact between these two in the latest pictures.

I agree she does look bored & passionless. I hope that she does not feel that way.

I don't know who looks the more bored. CW or PA! :ermm:

There was an article in Time not long ago about an exclusive language school in the south of France, where Charlene is reportedly taking an intensive course in French to prepare for her future role. Charlene, "whose engagement to Prince Albert is said to be imminent," is, according to the article, "making rapid progress" (Link).

Edited to add: I have just read the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. I am relatively new to the forum and I was not aware until now of the rumours about Charlene taking French classes. I hope this post is not against the rules. Time is a serious magazine and I consider it a credible source.

There was an article in Time not long ago about an exclusive language school in the south of France, where Charlene is reportedly taking an intensive course in French to prepare for her future role. Charlene, "whose engagement to Prince Albert is said to be imminent," is, according to the article, "making rapid progress" (Link).

Edited to add: I have just read the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. I am relatively new to the forum and I was not aware until now of the rumours about Charlene taking French classes. I hope this post is not against the rules. Time is a serious magazine and I consider it a credible source.

Anna, I cannot find a date when this one was published. Would be interesting to know, if this info is new or rather old.

I found the article through Google News (Link), it says it was published on 15 December 2008.

If you open this Time article about Charlene's French lessons, please look at the browser, it shows that article is from 2007. They are just re-posting the article. :whistling:
2007/article/0,28804,1717144_1860337_1860336,00.html

Pics 29.12.2008

Albert and Charlene are in the Dominican Republic at
the moment. You can see Charlene on the second pic.

A handout photo provided by Dominican Presidency shows Dominican
President, Leonel Fernandez, speaking with Prince Albert II of Monaco
in Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic, 29 December 2008, after they
inaugurated the works of Punta Perla Caribbean Golf, Marina & Resort
touristic project in Punta Cana, east of the country.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Is this really her? It does not say in caption. It seems like her. She has quite nice and appropriate outfit for this occasion, since Albert is also casually dressed. But it is IMO against protocol to take girlfriend or supposed girlfriend on official trip. But it is not Charlene to be blamed in this case. :rolleyes:

I've copied the caption of the first pic, but in the second caption
she wasn't mentioned either. Nevertheless I'm quite sure it's her,
I don't think that my eyes are deceiving me ;)
The trip to the Dominican Republic has not been announced as an
official visit, so I guess that they had planned some private Christmas
holidays there and the official visit with the inauguration was included.

There was a picture of Albert in Monaco when he went for the traditional first dip of the New Year. How many places can he be in at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom