Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PHP:
Well, the question should be can you see Sofia living in a farm?

Exactly. And my answer is no, not really... :D

The fight about who gets engaged first and which newspaper and which royal expert is right, is tough at the swedish press.

At Aftonbladet Klick!
They were both invited to the christening. But Sofia is one step ahead of Chris in the fight about the way to the altar.
- She and Carl Philip will get engaged first, says a court expert to Klick!

I don't know whether I am late to comment the presence of SOfia & Chris at the christening. While there is perhaps not a lot to be said about their arrival, a picture which I cannot find again shows Chris no longer giving her the arm when leaving, and on another one she was litterally touching his buttocks via a sheet of paper. I am not sure Chris appreciated her that much. The idea to have them toghether was the only solution, reminding us about the 2006 60th Anniversary of CG where the unofficial partners of the princes had been invited too. Too me, she is irrecoverable as a potential princess.

The idea to have them toghether was the only solution, reminding us about the 2006 60th Anniversary of CG where the unofficial partners of the princes had been invited too. Too me, she is irrecoverable as a potential princess.

But the 60th anniversary of CG was a private event, the unofficial partners weren't invited to the official birthday party the next day.

Anne2;1419137I don't know whether I am late to comment the presence of SOfia & Chris at the christening. While there is perhaps not a lot to be said about their arrival said:
and on another one she was litterally touching his buttocks via a sheet of paper.[/B]I am not sure Chris appreciated her that much. The idea to have them toghether was the only solution, reminding us about the 2006 60th Anniversary of CG where the unofficial partners of the princes had been invited too. Too me, she is irrecoverable as a potential princess.

There are several of us who think the "touching his buttocks" is the result of a bad camera angle. S. is not close enough to the gentleman and I think the motion is one that we all might make when walking, or she may have been on the downside of having waved at someone with her program.

Sofia is not stupid.

Yes,actually I can. It doesn't seem as big a stretch as imagining Madeleine in the countryside.

KitKat2006 said:
And again, whatever Sofia does isn't right. Can the girl even do something right in your eyes? Anything at all? Smile more, smile less? Looking or not looking? Speaking or not speaking? Working or not working? Hair blond, hair red, hair dark? Hair nicely done or in a simply bun (what a fauxpas it would have been to copy CPVs trademark hairdo, huh?)? Dress or Jeans & T-shirt? Charity yes, charity no? I don't think so. Because whatever she does would be wrong. This is so exhausting sometimes. :bang:

Well to CP and the SRF she clearly can do something right. From the picture of her and CP walking I think Sofia has a chin like Victoria's. The mates of Victoria and CP really astonish me in regards to how they look.

Last edited:
I can actually picture Sofia living on a faux type farm a la Marie Antoinette playing at being a peasant. I mean it won't happen but I thought about it for a second. I'm not trying to be insulting because I don't really have a problem with her. This is one story I haven't been following at all and I just found out about her from this forum in the last few days. I feel like I've been living under a rock.

I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question in or if it has been discussed but does anyone thing she chose her dress color to kind of match Victoria's and Sylvia's colors?(for the christening I mean).

Last edited:
If she knew what color dress they were wearing, it's possible. But who knows?

The fight about who gets engaged first and which newspaper and which royal expert is right, is tough at the swedish press.
I have to say that I hope both Carl Philip & Sofia and Madeleine & Chris will be polite and gracious enought wait until after the wedding of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy to announce their engagements, the same way prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock waited until after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, as I fear that one or two Swedish engagements would take the shine off from the Luxembourg wedding when it comes to forum attention here and to media attention in some countries.

Jenny Alexandersson, a royal expert writing her blog in Aftonbladet, has told to Aftonbladet Klick! (quoted by finnish MTV3), that she thinks that Carl Philip and Sofia will get engaged first. They work together at Sofia's Project Playground, and they have also been together longer than Madeleine and Chris.
- I believe that she and Carl Philip will get engaged first, because they have assured their place more than Chris and Madeleine, says Jenny.
Alexandersson means that Madeleine's boyfriend Chris O'Neill, who lives in the United States, hasn't become as familiar to the Swedish people as Sofia.
- We have seen Sofia more. Swedish people haven't got to know Chris very well, Jenny explains.
Hoviasiantuntija: Sofia kihlautuu ennen Madeleinea - MTV3.fi

I have to say that I hope both Carl Philip & Sofia and Madeleine & Chris will be polite and gracious enought wait until after the wedding of prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy to announce their engagements, the same way prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock waited until after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, as I fear that one or two Swedish engagements would take the shine off from the Luxembourg wedding when it comes to forum attention here and to media attention in some countries.
There is absolutely no reason for either couple to wait until after the wedding in Luxemburg. Prince Albert is a regent and was in a very different situation than either Carl Philip or Madeleine. It's time for them to be moving on in their lives now when Victoria is married and the next heir is born and baptized.

If she knew what color dress they were wearing, it's possible. But who knows?
It certainly would make sense they all talked about colors. Although she is not official she is certainly much more than "un-official".

She will be living on a beautiful estate 60+ miles from Stockholm. Most royals, barons and counts live on their estates. Not only in Sweden but in most european countries. Most English dukes and duchesses live on estates, not in the middle of London.

There are several of us who think the "touching his buttocks" is the result of a bad camera angle. S. is not close enough to the gentleman and I think the motion is one that we all might make when walking, or she may have been on the downside of having waved at someone with her program.

Sofia is not stupid.

I agree - still, Chris looked something between mortified & embarrassed next to Sofia in 99% of the pictures, like "what did I get myself into".

Most people wouldnt have noticed he was present at all if he hadnt been assigend as walker to Ms Hello Camera.

There is absolutely no reason for either couple to wait until after the wedding in Luxemburg. Prince Albert is a regent and was in a very different situation than either Carl Philip or Madeleine. It's time for them to be moving on in their lives now when Victoria is married and the next heir is born and baptized.
I don't say that there is no reason for them to wait, but that they could wait as a polite gesture towards the Luxembourg royal family. It's true that the status between a Luxembourg wedding and the weddings of Carl Philip and Madeleine are very different, but when it comes to gossip magazine headlines in for example Germany a wedding between Carl Philip and Sofia is probably worth more than the Luxembourt wedding, Carl Philip is after all seen as "their prince" by German gossip magazines.

Unless Carl Philip & Sofia and/or Madeleine & Chris plans for a small family wedding it's unlikely that either of the couples will marry late in the autumn or the winter months, due to the unpredictability of the Swedish weather in the colder months, so there are no real need to have a long engagement if the wedding won't take place until the spring or summer 2013. Usually Swedish royal engagements have been 3-4 months, so there is of course the possibility of an engagement soon and then a wedding in late August or September, to have Sofia make her debut at the Nobel Prize cermony in December 2012.

I think the last thing Carl Phillip and Madeleine should be worrying about in regards to their engagements is foreign gossip magazines and who gets how much attention on online forums. I mean does anybody really thing they give a hoot about forums like this? And after all Madeleine got engaged last time while Victoria was still engaged.

Duke of Marmalade said:
I agree - still, Chris looked something between mortified & embarrassed next to Sofia in 99% of the pictures, like "what did I get myself into".

Most people wouldnt have noticed he was present at all if he hadnt been assigend as walker to Ms Hello Camera.

Haha exactly! I thought I was the only one that noticed that!

Why would a couple postpone the announcement of an engagement based on the fact that some foreign associate has also gotten engaged? If that were the rule then a single couple a year would only be allowed to be engaged.

Why would a couple postpone the announcement of an engagement based on the fact that some foreign associate has also gotten engaged? If that were the rule then a single couple a year would only be allowed to be engaged.

Exactly, and Guillaume wasn't so concerned since he announced his own engagement after his 2 Archducal cousins and will marry around the same time as at least one of them. I doubt any of them would be concerned about the abilities of German tabloids to keep up or if members of internet forums pay attention at all.

Last edited:

I think that would onyl be the case if an engagement would e announced in October or if they would have their Wedding in October (unlikely) or November/December also soon after the luxemburgian Wedding.
My guess is also that these Weddings would be smaller then the luxemburgian Wedding as they are only Nr. 3 and 4 in the line of succession.

HA!! I can assure you that the wedding of CP to this person would get media attention for all the wrong reasons...particularly here in the States. :lol: :cool:

I won't be one of them. In fact, I will be mentally blocking the entire thing out of my mind. :sad:

On the other hand, I am on pins and needles waiting for the wedding of HGD Guillaume and the young Comtesse de Lannoy. It promises to be the kind of Royal wedding that is right up my alley...an heir to the Throne is to marry an accomplished, dignified and gifted young woman. Someone who he not only loves, but who will be a credit to the Duchy, to, Belgium and to Luxembourg....and someone who his countrymen cannot see on the Internet tied up and half-naked, or spread eagled in the front seat of a car.

Imagine.

Royal weddings in Sweden usually happens in June, it's probably the safest month weatherwise for a couple who wants a lavish wedding and to go by carriage through the streets of Stockholm, and I doubt that neither Madeleine or Sofia wants to miss something like that. A long engagement can be either good (Victoria) or bad (Madeleine) and I don't see why either couple should make a try for a yearlong engagement period. Traditionally Swedish royal engagements have been 3-4 months long and that gives the couple enough time to arrange the wedding, especially as the weddings would be smaller than Victoria's. I think the only ones who would love a long engagement period would be the Swedish gossip magazines, to get more copies sold.

Many of the swedish royal experts think that Carl Philip and Madeleine will not get married in Stockholm, they will have smaller weddings on the countryside.

LadyFinn said:
Many of the swedish royal experts think that Carl Philip and Madeleine will not get married in Stockholm, they will have smaller weddings on the countryside.

It's just speculations. These weddings will most likely take place in Stockholm. There was speculations that Madeleine and Jonas was first considering a wedding at Öland near the royal familys summer home but that the swedish security police (säpo) asked them to have the wedding in Stockholm because of security reasons.

I,ve heard from some sources that Carl Philip and Sofia is planning to marry next year at the royal palace church in Stockholm. But i'ts just rumours and speculations.

Last edited:
Many of these so-called Swedish royal experts are Swedish tabloid writers - two capacities which over the past few years have apparently become mutually exclusive.;)

I'd be very surprised if any future wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine would not take place in the beautiful Palace Church, whenever and to whomever this might be.

I don't see a reason for Carl Philip and/or Madeleine to wait after the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie to get engaged. The press is writing about them even though they wouldn't get engaged. If Carl Philip and/or Madeleine want a summer wedding, they could be engaged rather long, but so was prince Albert... Even then they could bring their partners to the Nobel ceremony. And who knows, maybe Carl Philip and/or Madeleine likes a winter wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom