Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a serious magazine ???

It is a gossip magazine for women. A long time ago it was a serious magazine, but now it is just a gossip magazine. Almost in every issue they write about the possible engagement between Carl Philip and Sofia. They have written so over three years and nothing has happened.

Good possibility that they will keep on living together without marriage like Carl Philip' s cousins Helene Silfverschiöld or Victor Magnuson. They both live happily together with their partners.
From the couple no one has ever heard that they had engagement and weddingplans.

Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning
A source from the court: "We expect an engagement before the king's birthday".
The prince is thought to propose Sofia with a ring he has designed himself.
Sofia goes today with the Ung Cancer -organisation's patients to South Africa, but when she returns, the calendar is empty and there is room for an engagement.
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist tros förlova sig inom sju veckor Stoppa Pressarna

Obstacles on Sofia Hellqvist's way to Love
Expressen writes that Sofia's early career almost cost her the love of her life. First Miss Slitz and then taking part in Paradise Hotel.,
Even when she moved to New York, she still wanted to be a model.
Suddenly a huge chance up - she was offered to be photographed by the Frenchman Antoine Verglas. A celebrity photographer who had his breakthrough with their intimate photoseries of now famous models like Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford.
The scantily clad pictures were added after the shoot out on sale in among others to Stella Pictures. But in 2010, when the relationship with Prince Carl Philip was confirmed by the court, the photos were taken away.
The French photographer explained that he had not been in the habit of selling these photos to the kind of magazines that were interested.
But while he chose to speculate on the matter: Maybe she did not want the photos to be published ... that they'd found on the internet. They were sexy and swank pictures. Now that she's with a prince would she not think that the images will be there, he told in 2012.
Carl Philip has been a good support for Sofia during the times she has been applied to his past, a person in the couple's closeness told to Extra.
[URL="Sofia Hellqvists hinder på vägen mot kärleken Extra Expressen"]Sofia Hellqvist's obstacles on the road to love [/URL]
Translation

It's fairly obvious by now that this is a relationship that isn't going away. They've surprised me, to be honest, in how solid things seem between them. Given all that, surely they should just get it over with - announce the engagement, wedding of a similar size and scope as Madeleine's and within about 6 months they'd be old news.

All this constant speculation does nobody any good.

Like who? We are not affected if they wion't get married any time soon and neither will they.

Like who? We are not affected if they wion't get married any time soon and neither will they.

From what I can see, there's this constant merry-go-round of 'will they get married?', 'when might it happen?', 'is she suitable for the royal family?', 'what would her title be?', 'what would her role be?', and so on.

If they just got married, those questions would be answered and Sofia could get on with trying to prove herself as a royal, if that's what the royal family decides she should be. After a few months of her not embarrassing herself or anyone else, everyone could just move on.

I think Carl Philip and Sofia will marry, just maybe Carl Philip has not purposed yet?

Last edited:
I don't think an engagement will happen before Victoriadagen. Sofia should not "steal the show" of Leonore, Madeleine and Victoria at their special days.

I am starting to believe an engagement is NOT coming, after all. Just press speculation which seems to be wrong on all counts.

If an engagement does come it will be in the autumn or winter of 2014/2015, with a summer 2015 wedding.

Well no announcement yet, so just speculation from the press thus far!

We'll just have to 'wait and see' as usual. There's no doubt that Sofia is included in a great deal of the family's activities and sit with the royal family at important family events. An announcement will likely come at some point.

I really don't think that these agenda's say anything about an engagement. I am quite sure that when CP feels like popping the question he won't be looking at the calander and plan to do it in 8 months or so. No sane person would. And agenda's can be changed I guess. We have to wait and see.

I don't think Carl Philip and Sofia are looking at a calender to see when they can get engaged. They can do that at anytime and who knows, they probably already gotten that out of the way. I think the idea is to when to make the announcement.

Sofia spoke about Project Playground on Wednesday at the Scandinavian E-business Camp in Gothenburg.
Instagram

Svensk Damtidning wrote in March that there will be an engagement before the king's birthday. It didn't happen and now Svensk Damtidning has invented a new explanation why Carl Philip and Sofia haven't got engaged yet.
Carl Philip and Sofia aren't just ready to get engaged. Sofia is so involved with her work at the Project Playground and as a princess she wouldn't have time to work with PP as intensively as now. She wants to concentrate on her career. And there is Leonore's christening and the court doesn't want many events at the same time. Carl Philip has also denied the reports that he is designing the engagement ring. And Sofia told at the TV-interview that she doesn't feel home at great galas with gala gowns which is a big part of being a princess. And by waiting and waiting Carl Philip and Sofia get more and more people to their side.

Oh dear, I wonder just how much BS from Svensk Dam can produce for this couple that do very little for the people of Sweden. The only ones who really work and care for Sweden is PV and PD, they work hard and are really very interested in doing what is best for their country. KCG...........well words can't said about this person!

Well, private matters aside the king and the queen are still the most active members of the family. But these days princess Estelle seems to have more public engagements than her uncle and aunt.

It seems that the magazine fabricated an explanation why their fabricated engagement didnt go on. That anybody still reads such stories and buys such a magazine is more surprising that the stories they make up. As is clear from just scrolling through this thread they live in an imaginary universe.

Last edited:
This kind of speculation happens when there's a long courtship. How many times did the press write about William & Catherine's engagement before it was actually officially announced? Too many times. The media gets excited and then tired after a while.

They would have married more than 10 times if it had been for the papers!

The key is to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom