Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this thread the correct one for asking why carl philip and emma broke up?

It is, and I don't think we will ever know the real reason.

was there nothing at all? no speculation, nothing at all? just one day , after (10?) years, they split up? who announced it?

was there nothing at all? no speculation, nothing at all? just one day , after (10?) years, they split up? who announced it?

Emma said once that they had decided to go their seperate ways.
9 years.
It was announced in a number of newspapers.

Prior to the breakup there were rumblings that all was not well. They weren't spotted together prior to the official break up. After 9 years people tend to grow apart. Maybe she wanted to get married and he didn't. We will never know. Emma still seems to be on good terms with his sisters so it must not have been a dramatic split.

Sofia Hellqvist was at the scholarship distribution of her mentor Barbro Ehnbom, you can see her photo at Svensk Damtidning, side 12-13.
Svensk Damtidning

I hope she is the one. Some spice in the royal family.

I think we're looking too far into the situation.
Carl Philip isn't going to marry her.

I wonder if the King would give his permission if it ever comes to that?

Well if CP really wants to marry her, he doesn't need his father's permission for anything. The consequences I would presume would be he would loose his title.
However if Sophia, has shown to the royal family and the people of Sweden that she is good enough to be a princess, then i don't see why not.
Her past should not effect the future she might have.

Well if CP really wants to marry her, he doesn't need his father's permission for anything. The consequences I would presume would be he would loose his title.
However if Sophia, has shown to the royal family and the people of Sweden that she is good enough to be a princess, then i don't see why not.
Her past should not effect the future she might have.

That's true. I meant it as in if he can keep his place in the succession. I guess you're right in that people can change..However this is all speculative at the moment. :)

I really hope it wouldn't come to that! He needs to drop her like she's hot!! :bang:

I think that you have a double standard, I'm no fan of her, but really nearly all new princesses have some obscure thing in their past. So if they could get married why Sophie can't?

Those of you that say that he should break up with her because of her past and then praise other princesses who have a "colourful" past.

I figured that's what you meant.
Speaking for myself, I'm not dooming or condemning her for her past, but whether anyone likes it or not, her past will be a topic of discussion because of her involvement with the prince. Yes other princesses have colorful past, but I don't know about any of them posing nude. Did they?? Not that I know of. Yes Letizia was divorced and MM had a child out of wedlock, did some drugs, etc. No ones past is perfect and neither is Sofia's, but when a woman poses nude she's almost always disrespected. Posing nude degrades a woman and it's never forgotten. Even though its not right, Sofia's "stamp" is a "nude model". In the same way Jonas Bergstrom's "stamp" is a "cheater". That's just how the world works. Posing nude is a serious thing for a woman and it's usually not taken lightly. She can rise above that stamp of her past, but it will take a lot of work.

IMO, Sweden needs a leader, not someone who will make the monarchy a disgrace, or a poppy show as my grandmother would say. Someone who can make the SRF better. Thats what it's all about for me. I don't give a care about someones past. Only God can judge someones past, but what I care about is that Sweden will be better off when Carl Philip and Madeleine choose spouses. I hope their spouses will make the monarchy worthwhile and better. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

IMO, Sweden needs a leader, not someone who will make the monarchy a disgrace, or a poppy show as my grandmother would say. Someone who can make the SRF better. Thats what it's all about for me. I don't give a care about someones past. Only God can judge someones past, but what I care about is that Sweden will be better off when Carl Philip and Madeleine choose spouses. I hope their spouses will make the monarchy worthwhile and better. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Yeah and they will have one CP Victoria and her husband.
I know Carl-Philip and Madeleine will have a role to play when Victoria becomes Queen but not much of one. I agree that they need to strengthen the monarchy, and IMO Sofia doesn't seem like that bad a person.

Her past is her past, and it should stay there. :)

I think as Lumutqueen said that you are wrong the only leader that Sweden will have in the future if things don't change is Victoria. Madeleine and C-P in a few years will just not be important anyomore.

And imo is more degrading the opinion that some women are ok to have as girlfriends but not to marry and others women are perfect for marriage but not for fun. I don't see posing nude as degrading if the woman posing is ok doing it.

Well of course Victoria and Daniel will be thee "leaders". What I meant was that CP and his wife, Madeleine and her husband will have a role to play. Even if it's just a small role. They will be leaders in there own way and they each should marry someone who could further and make better the monarchy:).

Melibea, I guess its different for you, but where I come from posing "nude" is somewhat degrading. Even if the woman is okay with it. She's still disrespected. There's no way around that. Being someones longtime girlfriend and posing nude are two completely, very different things.

Royals are not just like us, but they seem to be becoming that way. . .and what a shame.

Well of course Victoria and Daniel will be thee "leaders". What I meant was that CP and his wife, Madeleine and her husband will have a role to play. Even if it's just a small role. They will be leaders in there own way and they each should marry someone who could further and make better the monarchy:).

Melibea, I guess its different for you, but where I come from posing "nude" is somewhat degrading. Even if the woman is okay with it. She's still disrespected. There's no way around that. Being someones longtime girlfriend and posing nude are two completely, very different things.

I can understand where are you coming from and except about the degrading thing I do agree with you :D Sophie should not be princess material but after the recent marriages I have to say that if CP wants to marry her he should not lose his rights. And imo the problem with him is not the girlfriend but I suppose that is another topic. ;)

I think CP should have some discrete fun with the nude model and quickly forget her thereafter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom