Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copying Queen Silvia, at least compare her to someone her age.
She's dating a prince, if I were in her position I would start to change immediately, even if I was only seeing him for two or three weeks, I would want to portray the image of a suitable girlfriend.
What she has done in the past, is in the past, she is obviously trying to change for Carl.

If someone loves you, you don't need to change. (in general) otherwise it is not love.

If Carl philip feels this is the girl for him, then let him be, if she can prove herself as a further princess then why not let her have the title?

That's exactly what I think. It's his and her decision and no-one else's. He's just the "backup" in the line of heirs. So why would it matter, if his girlfriend (maybe-future-fiancee/wife) has been a model. Especially if her maybe-future-brother-in-law was just a little fitness-coach before he became crownprince? It doesn't matter at all. At least that's my opinion.

We have a divorced mother of one as a Crown Princess, whats wrong with having a model as one?

Good Argument! And maybe I'm making me a lot of enemies here now, but I was thrilled when those two married. Because like it or not: Your Charlie has always been a faithful guy to the one woman he truly ever loved. He doesn't deserve all the blame everyone always puts on him. And neither does Camilla. Again, that's my opinion.

People say they want him to broaden his horizons, but if he likes brunettes why should he change? He may have seen blondes, red heads, gingers and the press haven't known about them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but be did broaden his horizon and finally decided, he liked brunettes better than blondes. It's been a long time ago, but there was some blond girlfriend in his past. I think, the one before Emma. Wasn't her name Viveka Something? I'm not sure, but I know for sure she was a blond.

I think that everyone of us, also Sofia, try to grow as persons. We learn about our experiences and mistakes.

I wonder if Sofia had started her charity carreer if Carl was not prince, or if she ever looked at him if he was just a regular guy?! She tries hard to change her image it is said, but she already did when she and Carl just started seeing each other. To me that looks as if she had planed from the beginning to fit into the royal family. So, she is mostly interested in Carls title? This whole charity matter seems just so very obvious and I would believe in their "love" if she would not try so hard now to fit and trying to copy queen Silvia.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to fit into the world of a new partner. I changed too, when I met my husband. Just like he did. In a relationship you have to change or else you don't have a chance. I don't mean, you have to be someone else entirely, but you have to do some compromises. And Sofias compromises are "doing her best so CP doesn't have to be ashamed about her now." And I mean now! What's past she can't change (and doesn't need to because it's past). But as long as she doesn't do something wrong now, it's okay how she lives and what she does.

I just skimmed this thread now, and this is the first time I have felt, thank god he aint the heir.

People say they want him to broaden his horizons, but if he likes brunettes why should he change? He may have seen blondes, red heads, gingers and the press haven't known about them.

Honestly, I was just kidding about the broadening horizon thing. If he likes brunettes, then he likes brunettes. I'm dark-haired myself, so it's really no problem to me. It's his choice.

Let's not get too carried away about the princess thing. I highly doubt they're at that stage now. I would give anything to know how the rest of the royal family feels about this.

Let's not get too carried away about the princess thing. I highly doubt they're at that stage now. I would give anything to know how the rest of the royal family feels about this.

I doubt they are at that stage, too. They just know each other for a little over a year. That's to short for such a big decision. And I'm not sure about his family either, but I think, just as family and not as royals, they're happy their son/brother found love again, even if they're - as royals - a little confused and/or doubtful about his choice. :unsure: Because, let's face it, she isn't really some dreamgirl-girlfriend for a prince with her past. But she can't change her past, she can only make a good impression now that she actually is the girlfriend of the prince. And I think, she's doing a pretty good job so far. :flowers:

But we're getting carried away again. Let's stop the speculations and wait what's going to happen over there in sweden. Speculations will get us nowhere. ;)

Good Argument! And maybe I'm making me a lot of enemies here now, but I was thrilled when those two married. Because like it or not: Your Charlie has always been a faithful guy to the one woman he truly ever loved. He doesn't deserve all the blame everyone always puts on him. And neither does Camilla. Again, that's my opinion.

I was actually talking about Princess Mette-Marit.
As Camilla is a divorced mother of two. :)

If someone loves you, you don't need to change. (in general) otherwise it is not love.

Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is not an in general guy, Sofia will have to change if she wants to fit in with the royal elite, if they both thing this is a serious relationship she will have to alter what she does. All the Crown Princess who married into royal families had to alter their image.
If she does not change, then Sweden will have a nude model as a princess, which i don't think would go down well.

Comparing Sofia with others all the time is -to me- just an attempt to excuse her and to calm those who don't like her. Sofia is Sofia, and not MM or any other princess.

I wasn't comparing her to MM, I was stating that if Norway can accept having a divorced mother of one as their Crown Princess, if the UK can accept having an ex mistress, divorced mother of two as their future Queen. What is the problem with having Sofia, as a future princess.

I wasn't comparing her to MM, I was stating that if Norway can accept having a divorced mother of one as their Crown Princess, if the UK can accept having an ex mistress, divorced mother of two as their future Queen. What is the problem with having Sofia, as a future princess.

I have made my point. It is Sofias character I do have a problem with. I just don't like girls that are spinning a plan inside their head, play theatre, use their sex appeal, < ed - Warren > so they can have a guy with money and a big house, while they do not really work for their own good money. I know a lot of you think differently, but some think the same.
Let's see what happens in Sweden!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no right to assume and state as fact that she is doing any of those things < ed - Warren >
I have contradicted your opinion on several occasions and all you do is continually repeat the same story again and again, that you don't like her because she is apparently planning something.

We are at risk of verging into the same territory we were in before.
I like Sofia, she has never done anything wrong personally in my opinion, if Carl-Philip loves her enough to one day marry her, I hope he does.

We could as well be 4 weeks back, girls. :seestars: We know where this is going. PixieDust definitely doesn't like Sofia nor will she ever, Lumutqueen and I are willing to give Sofia a fair chance to let everyone know, she's more than her past (and I think modeling *is* real work, btw ;) ).

Let's just keep quiet and wait, if Carl-Philip elops with Sofia next week or if this is just some kind of fling for the both of them. Whatever it is, it's not our right to make decisions and demands. I mean, non of us is even swedish, nor are we in either way related to either Carl-Philip or Sofia. :whistling:

I can see the admins throwing glances at us again. So don't make them angry again, girls. :ROFLMAO:

Let's stick to the facts. Emma, Sofia and Carl Philip apperently made headlines on Expressen on Saturday (June 5th).

Expressen

I mean, it's nice that they gave Madeleine a little break, but do they really have to force a love-triangle onto those three? Those reporters clearly don't know what to write so they're trying to write drama into a situation where there's no drama at all.

I don't know Sofia to pass judgements on her, but as a Swedish Prince, I hope Carl Philip knows what he's doing. Whether we like it or not, Sofia so far does not have a good name/reputation. It's not about giving Sofia a chance, it's about will she be a good representative for Sweden? I'm not talking about marriage, but in dating she has to be careful. I do think that Carl Philip is starting this "bad boy" thing a little to late. Maybe he's being rebellious...maybe he's just having a good time. I don't think at all Carls thoughts are headed to marriage.

On the other hand, comparing Sofia to Mette-Marit and Letizia are silly. These are three women with three very different pasts. Lets not make our assumptions of Sofia based on MM and Letizia, but on Sofia herself.

Lets not make our assumptions of Sofia based on MM and Letizia, but on Sofia herself.

That's just what I'm talking about. She's neither MM nor Letizia nor can she change her past now nor does she have to. My own past is not perfect if I were in her shoes, but that doesn't mean, I'm ashamed about it. I think there are just a few girls out there who fit the role Sofia is having now perfectly right from the beginning. But CP chose her for his own reason and as log as she doesn't post nude for Expressen or Aftonbladet or any other newspaper tomorrow there's nothing wrong with her. She hasn't done anything in the months of their relationship (even if we didn't know there was one. Like last year) as to what CP or anyone in his family or in Sweden could be ashamed of. And that's what counts.

Like I said. Let's wait and see what'll happen with those two. It's their life, their love and they should be the main ones to be happy with whatever decision their making, even if their familys or fellow countrymen would chose otherwise.

Norway can accept having a divorced mother
But Mette-Marit wasn't ever married to Morten Borg: Marius is a child out-of-wedlock.
Haakon is her first & only (I hope) husband.

lets wait like two more years to figure this out

Exactly.

My 2 cents:
First we have seen, that many previously criticized girlfriends of Princes have changed into phantastic Princesses, so this may happen with Sofia as well (if it is going further with their relationship).

Secondly: Prince Carl-Philipp is not the heir to the throne, so in this case the situation is much more relaxed anyway.....

BYe Bine

exactly ...who knows...he might end up like prince albert lol

or maybe like prince felipe

That wouldn't be a bad way of live. Both of them have beautiful women by their side, even if Albert and Charlene aren't married (yet).

^ i meant that maybe he wont settle now..like prince felipe, no?

prince felipe was dating then suddenly he pops up and says he is engage

ah ok, btw my opinion on Felipe is that he did what family wanted (breaking with the norwegian model and chosing a serious spanish), so for me "endindg up like prince Felipe" could also mean leaving Sophia and chosing someone else..that's why I asked :)

^ are you syaing that felipe didnt really want to break up with model for journalist?

who knows...

1) This thread is not about prince Felipe but about prince Carl-Philip.
+
2) There is no way anybody here can know what happened in the mind & heart of prince Felipe when he broke off with Eva Sannum
= so considering these two things I suggest we stop this discussion right now.

Thank you!

Romance between prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist is still actual.
Now Sofia has got his own mentor, reports Svensk Damtidning. Two years ago Sofia lived in New York, where she studied English and worked as a yoga teacher. During his time in the city, she met business woman Barbro Ehnbom, who is the founder of Network BBB, Barbro's best and Brightest.
Prinsens flickvän har fått en mentor | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom