Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN is not broadcasting the wedding. CNN airs in the US, but they aren't airing the wedding in the US. As I said in my previous post, there is no reason to air it. None. Get up early and fire up your computers. Or wait and watch video later in the day.
Wow. No need to be testy about it. We are all just excited about it and want to know as much as we can.
The only reason "I" asked was because news of the engagments made it over here and then the news of Madeline's break-up made it over here. And it was on the local news, not CNN. So I was in hopes that "something" would be shown since there is a vast amount of channels being offered now a days! Even if it's just a "blurp" I would still like to at least see what Victoria lookes like.

You can watch the wedding at SVTs website www.svt.se (with swedish comments). They will start their broadcast at 08:00 in the morning and broadcast until midnight.

Let's also hope for good weather on the wedding day.

Forecast: Royal wedding wet and cold - The Local
The weather prediction says cold and rainy but because it's a week away it's to easy to tell, hopefully it'll improve!
On the other hand on the Swedish Governments website I found a page with links to the wedding cortege route and programs which can be found here.
It says Madeleine will attend the Government reception on June 18th ( You can see it if you click on Media Guide).

Prince Edward and Sophie to represent royal family at Victoria and Daniel's wedding

No Charles and Camilla, what a shame. I want to know more about this reception the Wessex's are hosting. I know that HMS Kent will be the only foreign ship to salute the royal couple during the barge tour. Thats quite an honour for the UK I reckon.

Well, I'm feeling abit better now about the British contingency consisting only of the Earl and Countess of Wessex - and it is indeed a great honour for HMS Kent to be the only saluting ship!

What if, God forbid, P.Lilian dies before the wedding, by a cruel tiwst of fate. Will the wedding be postponed then? I mean theoratically. I cannot imagine getting married in such a short timr after my aunt dies. And everyone knows how Lilian supported Victoria thoughout their whole courtship.
I imagine it would be a difficult decision.

The label requires that weddings take precedence over grief

:flowers:I am so excited and looking forward to this wedding next weekend. Victoria has always acted and carried herself with much dignity -- she deserves every happiness on the day of her wedding and the years beyond.

I can't wait to exchange messages with all of you about her wedding dress and various gala outfits of her various royal women. We are in for one good week!!!!:)

Prince Edward and Sophie to represent royal family at Victoria and Daniel's wedding

No Charles and Camilla, what a shame. I want to know more about this reception the Wessex's are hosting. I know that HMS Kent will be the only foreign ship to salute the royal couple during the barge tour. Thats quite an honour for the UK I reckon.

The user "Roger" at scandinavian royals message board wrote this:

The British Ambassador in Sweden, Andrew Mitchell sent me this pressrelease:

14 June is the beginning of a very special week in Swedish - British relations.

- From 14-16 June Gothenburg plays host to "Think Britain", three days packed with events that celebrate the historic and modern in the relationship between Sweden and Britain. The event will feature seminars on wind energy and the green internet, a golf tournament and tourism gathering and a celebration of Admiral Saumarez, the British Commander of the Baltic Fleet during the Napoleonic War. There will be cultural get-togethers including an alternative tea party and celebration of the work of Vivienne Westwood at the Röhsska museum. The events will be described in words by a British poet-in-residence, Charlie Dark, who will be appearing throughout the week. You can find more at www.thinkbritain.se

- The jewel in the Think Britain crown will be the celebration of the official Queen's Birthday Party on board the British Warship HMS Kent in Gothenburg harbour, the first time that the event has been held outside Stockholm.

- HMS Kent will then continue to Stockholm to join the celebrations for the Royal Wedding. The ship will join the flotilla outside the Royal Palace. HMS Kent will be in Stockholm to mark in visible terms the importance that Britain associated with its relationship with Sweden and the respect of the British people for HRH The Crown Princess on her wedding day.

- We are also delighted to announce that Her Majesty The Queen has asked TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex to be Her official representatives at the Royal Wedding. Their Royal Highnesses will attend the celebrations on both 18 and 19 June.

- On 19 June on board HMS Kent HRH The Earl of Wessex will present Dan Sten Olsson, Managing Director and CEO of Stena Group, with a prestigious award from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. Mr Olsson will be appointed an Honorary Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (Honorary CBE). This prestigious award is in recognition of Mr Olsson’s long-standing commitment to furthering the outstanding business relationship between Sweden and the United Kingdom.

Her Majesty's Ambassador to Stockholm Andrew Mitchell said, "We are thrilled to be able to be part of the celebrations around the Royal Wedding. It is a real honour and a privilege to be able to join the party! With a British Prince and Countess and the Royal Navy in town, this is a visible and wonderful way of emphasising the enormous value that we ascribe to our relationship with Sweden. ENDS

I read from Svensk Damtidning, that the Royal Court has confirmed that due to the wedding Victoria has got an own lady-in-waiting. She is countess Caroline Hamilton. She is 39 years old, married to count William Hamilton. She has three children.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think any British TV channel will air the wedding. I went forward 1 week to the 19th of June on my Sky Box and none of the channels were showing the wedding.

I will check again later as I could only go to 12 midday and maybe someone showing it had a later start

None of the British channels have broadcast any other foreign wedding I don't think.

Congratulations to H.R.H Princess Victoria

To me Princess Victoria is an icon.I admire her courage,through out her life she gave us the example of how to act as a brave person,May God bless her,gives her the happiness she deserves.From her i learnt never to give up,and i guess all of you must have learnt a thing or two from her too.I hope that her wedding would be the best ever,looking forward to watch it with all of you ,fans and lovers of this beautiful person.

The wedding gift from the Westling family for the bride and groom was a plum tree which hopefully bear fruit in a year.
Yesterday the tree was planted under the supervision of Daniel's father Olle Westling, to the place where Victoria´s and Daniel´s love started to blossom.
Kärleksträdet på plats - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator

Expressen has a photo of Pär Engsheden arriving yesterday to the Palace with two clothing garment bags with him.
Is the wedding dress finally ready?
Bröllopsklänningen äntligen klar? - Expressen
Google Translator
To me these bags are too little for the wedding dress, maybe he brought outfits to the day events?

None of the British channels have broadcast any other foreign wedding I don't think.

All I've seen the BBC and American channels do is air short reports about foreign royal weddings toward the end of their newscasts.

At any rate, I doubt they would interrupt their wall-to-wall World Cup of Soccer coverage to broadcast a royal wedding involving a monarchy few people in the English-speaking world know much about. Those of us who do will have to rely on the Internet and/or try to get our hands on any wedding DVD.

Expressen has a photo of Pär Engsheden arriving yesterday to the Palace with two clothing garment bags with him.
Is the wedding dress finally ready?
Bröllopsklänningen äntligen klar? - Expressen
Google Translator
To me these bags are too little for the wedding dress, maybe he brought outfits to the day events?

If anything they planned that so people would think he designed the dress, they wouldn't transport the dress like that knowing that they're under 24 hour watch by the paparazzi.

Look here

I'm sorry to say that I don't think any British TV channel will air the wedding. I went forward 1 week to the 19th of June on my Sky Box and none of the channels were showing the wedding.

I will check again later as I could only go to 12 midday and maybe someone showing it had a later start

I think You´ll be able to follow the weddning on SVt, here:
Det kungliga bröllopet | svt.se

If anything they planned that so people would think he designed the dress, they wouldn't transport the dress like that knowing that they're under 24 hour watch by the paparazzi.

I think Pär Engsheden is delivering evening gowns for Victoria for this weeks events - for all we know he always delivers them in a taxi and normally there wouldn't be a camara there to take the picture!

With regard to delivering the actual wedding dress and assuming it's not already at the palace, the paparazzi need to be looking out for a vehicle slightly larger than a taxi and containing one (possibly two) large white rectangular boxes and maybe a couple of smaller ones!

the bags are too small for a wedding dress, but maybe they contain small accesories or extras that had to be finished after the dress. maybe they are victoria's dresses for the pre-wedding events or a dress or accesory for any other member of the royal family? victoria has chosen him lots of times for the nobel prizes and other similarly important events, so it's quite possible she chose him to make her wedding dress. we will know in less than a week now!

With regard to delivering the actual wedding dress and assuming it's not already at the palace, the paparazzi need to be looking out for a vehicle slightly larger than a taxi and containing one (possibly two) large white rectangular boxes and maybe a couple of smaller ones!
i think the dress is already in the palace just for security reasons. who knows, maybe royal brides have two dresses made and one is with victoria and the other one in the workshop just in case!

i'm glad to hear victoria has now her own lady in waiting but i guess if she managed by herself for so long she doesn't quite need one now?

Last edited:
Yesterday, just before lunch, Victoria arrived to the Master Training in Östermalm in central Stockholm. She came for a work out at Daniel´s gym. She looked pleased and happy - and ready for the wedding.
While leaving the gym she encountered a woman who became say the least excited when she saw her.
She said: Congratulations!
First Victoria didn´t understand what she meant. The woman continued: Good luck on Saturday!
Victoria raised her thumb up.
Prinsessan Victoria slipar formen in i det sista - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator

To me Princess Victoria is an icon.I admire her courage,through out her life she gave us the example of how to act as a brave person,May God bless her,gives her the happiness she deserves.From her i learnt never to give up,and i guess all of you must have learnt a thing or two from her too.I hope that her wedding would be the best ever,looking forward to watch it with all of you ,fans and lovers of this beautiful person.

I agree. She is a very special lady.
Less than a week to go, I really can't believe it!

I don't think the wedding will be broadcasted in France because of the football world cup! It's weird because all the royal weddings were broadcasted! I'm so disappointed! Maybe it's not indicated on the TV guide but we'll have a good surpirse but I really don't think so! it's such a shame!

Does someone know for France?

Do we have a complete list of the Royal family's that will attend ?

Does someone know all the TV channels on which the wedding will be broadcasted?? It's weird we don't have this information...

OK. Does anyone know what time the pre-wedding dinner and concert on the 18th will be? Will they be broadcast live online? Also, if anyone outside of Sweden wants to watch the wedding online at www.svt.se do you have to register to view events or can you just watch it live on the spot?

OK. Does anyone know what time the pre-wedding dinner and concert on the 18th will be? Will they be broadcast live online? Also, if anyone outside of Sweden wants to watch the wedding online at www.svt.se do you have to register to view events or can you just watch it live on the spot?

On Friday 18th June Swedish Time
14.30-16.00 Government reception for municipatilies and country councils
18.00-20.00 Government dinner
20.30-22.00 Riksdag´s gala performance (concert)

As usual, the royal family gathered yesterday to a dinner at the Drottningholm Palace. Victoria and Daniel had planned to spend the weekend in Ockelbo, but then they realised that there is still lot to do before the wedding and stayed in Stockholm to discuss about the wedding with the whole family. The rule for the dinner is that no serving staff may be present - the family itself will cook dinner. Usually it is the king who stands in the kitchen. Victoria and Daniel came last to the Palace, walking hand in hand from their home "Sjöpaviljongen".

Yesterday, just before lunch, Victoria arrived to the Master Training in Östermalm in central Stockholm. She came for a work out at Daniel´s gym. She looked pleased and happy - and ready for the wedding.
While leaving the gym she encountered a woman who became say the least excited when she saw her.
She said: Congratulations!
First Victoria didn´t understand what she meant. The woman continued: Good luck on Saturday!
Victoria raised her thumb up.
Prinsessan Victoria slipar formen in i det sista - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator

Here are some more pics of Victoria leaving the gym:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

A gardener prepares flower decorations on the Strombridge leading up to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, 11 June 2010. Preparations are taking place in Stockholm prior to the royal wedding.
ANP Beeldbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom