Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible. This hacking is totally out of hand. I guess this is what we get for putting so much trust in all this new technology.

There should be very severe penalties for this.
Now the perpetrators just get a wrist-slap, but this sort of thing can have devastating consequences.

I guess the only recourse is never to put anything too personal online.

There should be very severe penalties for this.
Now the perpetrators just get a wrist-slap, but this sort of thing can have devastating consequences.

I guess the only recourse is never to put anything too personal online.

The trouble is we all want it both ways. We want all this cool new cutting edge technology, convert all out personal info on it, and knowing full well this stuff could be hacked. Then we get upset about a breach of privacy.

I think we just need to put all this new technology down and just go back to the old way of doing things.

I feel bad for Pippa and so many others that's going through this.

There have been several examples of hacking of private pix. Why have them made in the first place when you are famous and you know there is a lot to gain for people to publish them ????

The trouble is we all want it both ways. We want all this cool new cutting edge technology, convert all out personal info on it, and knowing full well this stuff could be hacked. Then we get upset about a breach of privacy.

I think we just need to put all this new technology down and just go back to the old way of doing things.

I feel bad for Pippa and so many others that's going through this.

How does that make any sense?

What you're saying is "because people can't respect the privacy of others we shouldn't have this useful technology."

That makes absolutely no sense. The solution to problems like this is not to take away the technology and punish those who are not using it maliciously by denying them the ability to use it. Instead, what should happen is the people who hack it should be punished.

We don't say that it's the fault of the people who put their money in banks when others rob banks. Because doing that makes absolutely no sense. In essence, that's what you're doing. You're blaming the victim for what someone has done to them. Sure, the victim may have taken measures to be more secure, but ultimately the fault here lays at the hands of whoever hacked the system not the person who used it.

Maybe not totally go back to the "old ways" but to be more aware of the dangers and the possibility of losing personal information to hackers and realize that even with the wonders of smart phones and laptops and even old style desktop computers, its wise to have hard copy backup somewhere safe. To depend on something totally leaves you high and dry should something happen like an electrical grid failure due to solar flare electromagnetic pulses and other things that could shut everything down.

Robert Heinlein's character Lazarus Long states a truism nicely. "Trust everyone but never sit with your back to the door.".

How does that make any sense?

What you're saying is "because people can't respect the privacy of others we shouldn't have this useful technology."

That makes absolutely no sense. The solution to problems like this is not to take away the technology and punish those who are not using it maliciously by denying them the ability to use it. Instead, what should happen is the people who hack it should be punished.

We don't say that it's the fault of the people who put their money in banks when others rob banks. Because doing that makes absolutely no sense. In essence, that's what you're doing. You're blaming the victim for what someone has done to them. Sure, the victim may have taken measures to be more secure, but ultimately the fault here lays at the hands of whoever hacked the system not the person who used it.

I'm not blaming any victims of the hacks, Ish. I'm just saying that all this cool modern stuff looks good, and do cool stuff, but it's coming with some major consequences for us all. We can't trust iCloud.

Old Polaroid cameras are sounding good to me these days.

Dman, the point you seem to be missing is that the consequences is that someone might violate your privacy and hack you.

News flash, homes are great, but someone might violate your privacy and break into it.

Banks are great, but someone might violate them and rob them.

The problem is not the technology. The problem is the people who think they're entitled to something that doesn't belong to them.

But of course Polaroid snaps could be stolen too, couldn't they? Remember the Fergie-Steve Wyatt photos scandal? If you are famous, for your own sake you just have to protect yourself, sad though it is. And it is sad that the unscrupulous could do this. i-Cloud just isn't secure enough, though.

poor pippa. it must be frustrating knowing that your private pictures are being seen by strange people who may sell them for handsome amounts of money. i get the impression this won't go down well with the RF if pictures of george and charlotte are amongst those hacked, but it will specially not go down well with her private fiancee james who may see naked pictures of himself out in the press.

I fully understand what you guys are saying. There should some major consequences for anyone that's conducting these hacks. Until then, what shall we do? Everyone is getting hacked. The White House was just hacked, the DNC, etc. This technology just isn't safe and it's hard to figure who's doing what.

I hope no private pics get out. If so, I hope no one will bother posting them. Do support those who's doing these hacks.

Last edited:
Wasn't the Sun who alerted Pippa of this? I read something on Emily Andrews's twitter account.

Trust the Sun to be sniffing around! If it all wasn't illegal, their editorial staff would probably be first in line in front of the other tabloids to publish these photos, with their tongues hanging out in anticipation.

There was a scandal a couple of years back, wasn't there about some celebrity photos being hacked from i-Cloud? It's just not secure.

First time posting!... Anyways, someone tried to flog the more...delicate picture to the Sun who then contacted the police. I don't get the big fuss over her but NO ONE deserves to get hacked. A truly scary situation.

I've deleted a few off-topic posts. Let's stick to discussing Pippa, please.

A 35-year-old man was arrested Saturday in connection with the reported hacking of the iCloud account of Pippa Middleton, younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, and the alleged theft of 3,000 photographs, police said.

London's Metropolitan Police arrested the unidentified suspect in in Northamptonshire, in central England, police said in a statement. He was arrested on suspicion of a Computer Misuse Act offence, police said.
Arrest Made in Reported Hack of Pippa Middleton iCloud Account - NBC News

Very good. I hope he faces stiff fines or more if convicted. That was quick work by the police, really.

So the Sun, who contacted the police but still posted the information anyway?! :ermm:

I hope they make an example of that guy.

Really, if I were famous, I think I'd be completely paranoid, always imaging there were hidden cameras everywhere and people trying to hack my computer. I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder.

It will well depend on the wedding theme I imagine.

As their Auntie's niece and nephew I can't see Charlotte and George not being there. But very possibly in the background rather than the foreground. It's not like they'll be any the wiser and take umbridge!

I have no idea who (other he has a celeb MIC brother? Spencer?) James' family are. It could very well be an all adult bridal party which would save a lot of hassle all round.

Which ofcourse doesn't absolve Kate herself from being a member of the party!

James Matthews has nieces (his half-sister's offspring) but whether they'll form part of the bridal party, who knows.

The tabloids are fond of printing all these flights of creative imagination from top designers while waiting for Royal weddings (though Pippa's of course isn't Royal!) Do any of these sketches resemble anything the bride ends up wearing? Not usually, but it fills up half a page or so in the newspaper concerned while we wait!

I expect the general media train of thought is can Pippa upstage herself(!) as she did Kate! :lol:

Now there's a nip it all in the bud and cost saving idea of the month! ...... Say Yes to that dress! ..... :lol:

Pippa's ex, Alex Loudon, is engaged to Kristina Vanderheyden. He seems to like sporty, brunette women with tanned skin. :lol:

Alex and Pippa still seem friendly so they will probably attend each other's wedding, unless they opt for a very small and intimate wedding, then maybe not.

Anyways, I'm happy for Alex.

Pippa did appear to be completely besotted by Alex and "said to be" devestated when he left her because of the media circus in the aftermath of the royal wedding, the whole Her Royal Hotness rubbish! I didn't know they were still friends. Interesting.

Wasn't there someone else between Alex and James?

Last edited:
Did I miss the obvious?

The DM article is all about the yet to materalise dress (as if it or it's creator will become known prior to the day) and nothing about the date!

Come back to us when you have some real news!

Because yes we are interested, though many of us pretend we are not! Hmm ....:cool::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom