Photoshopping Royals outfits, hats & hairstyles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Beatrix and Harald would have made a rather cute couple to (though Margriet and Harald would have been a dream match to). Thanks HM! And thanks to Lady K to, great pictures!

how do you photo shop?

can someone tell me how you photo shop?

it looks really fun.

tara:flowers:

buy photoshop, and just play around with it. If you have a decent internet connection, adobe had a wonderful website: Adobe, and it has great video tutorials that you can use side-by-side as you practice along. If you need help, though, I'd be more than happy to help you, just PM me.

Other than that, you just need images and creativity- and an imaging account to post your results! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Mette's weddingdress

Märtha-Louise wearing Mette-Marit's weddingdress :flowers:

Märtha- Weddingdress

(picture: Scanpix)

I think this dress would look great on everyone! But it looks fantastic on ML, doesn't it? :lol:

2 more :rolleyes:

Máxima with Mary's dress
Maxima

Mary with Mette-Marit's dress
Mary

pictures: Polfoto, scanpix

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:

Máxima with Mary's dress
Maxima

Mary

Not a good look for either ladies.

Maxima looks overwhelmed and Mary looks, I don't know... yes, pathetic and insipid,:shock:

Her_Majesty said:
Märtha-Louise wearing Mette-Marit's weddingdress :flowers:

Märtha- Weddingdress

(picture: Scanpix)

I think this dress would look great on everyone! But it looks fantastic on ML, doesn't it? :lol:

Mary

You're right HM, this dress would look good on everybody! It looks great on ML and on Mary too. Great work! :flowers:

I think Maxima and Mary look good in those dresses, esp. Mary.

You all are so good at photoshopping!

Mary with Letizia's Galadress (worn for the Danish pre-Wedding celebrations)
Mary

Letizia with Mary's pink-black galadress (worn in Australia)
Letizia

Her_Majesty- I feel like Mary's ruby parure should clash with Letizia's heavily-embroidered Caprile top, but somehow, it doesn't? In a way, it makes it a little less..overpowering? Anyone get what I mean?

I don't think Letizia has ever worn a hat to any function. I say she'd look good in any hat. O.k. not just any style of hat. But I do think she'd look devine and also wearing aigrettes, is that what their called? The head peices that Mette-Marit favors...

What do you think about this? - Queen Sonja trying out her daughter's hairstyle :rolleyes:
Queen Sonja
(Knudsens Fotosenter)

actually, it's not bad! Looks a little like she is trying to hard to be young, but other than that, it's really flattering!

Hi :flowers:

I have never participated in this thread in particular, even though I do like the experiments people have been doing I have found them all of them very interesting :flowers:

So I wanted to add something I have done and also initiate some talk about it. One of the things I don´t like about some of the dresses Letizia has worn in past is that some of them do have contrasting colours and I think it would be a good idea to actually for them to have some kind of harmonious scheme. I mean by that, that the contrasting colours tend to cut her visually and in the photos she appears with Felipe, she actually look tiny. So I decided to make some experiments with a couple of her dresses in that issues.

The first one is an experiment with the dress she wore in the concert the day before the wedding in Denmark. In my opinion the skirt would look better in some kind of blue, but I have prepared some more colours to discussed if you wished

This is the first one

This is the second one

My prefer colours for that skirt are this blue one and this other blue

Also I have made a little experiment with the green Caprile dress so as to see how would have look in another colour

Green Caprile dress Photoshoped

olga7777 said:

I have never participated in this thread in particular, even though I do like the experiments people have been doing I have found them all of them very interesting :flowers:

So I wanted to add something I have done and also initiate some talk about it. One of the things I don´t like about some of the dresses Letizia has worn in past is that some of them do have contrasting colours and I think it would be a good idea to actually for them to have some kind of harmonious scheme. I mean by that, that the contrasting colours tend to cut her visually and in the photos she appears with Felipe, she actually look tiny. So I decided to make some experiments with a couple of her dresses in that issues.

The first one is an experiment with the dress she wore in the concert the day before the wedding in Denmark. In my opinion the skirt would look better in some kind of blue, but I have prepared some more colours to discussed if you wished

This is the first one

This is the second one

My prefer colours for that skirt are this blue one and this other blue

Also I have made a little experiment with the green Caprile dress so as to see how would have look in another colour

Green Caprile dress Photoshoped

Great work Olga7777

great great fun this thread everyone

especially love the wedding switcharoos lol

Mathilde looked incredible in Letizia's dress
Mary should have borrowed Maxima's dress for her own wedding it looks like, lol
I always thought Mary's wedding gown was from the waist down, nothing short of disappointing, but not on Mette Marit!! Who knew?!

I'm so bad at photoshopping - but if I weren't I'd photoship Mary on Alexandra's most recent wedding dress. Bet she'd look great!

Don't worry about being bad at photoshop- what matters is that you're trying!
I'm sure you have good and creative ideas that others haven't! I'm always happy to see anyone posting- no one will critique your exact craft. Believe me- I'm my own worst critic.

I found new dresses for the royal ladies to wear. Some of them were recommended by other members on the "gowns fit for royals" thread, and I'll give them credit.

I found this lovely black and white dress, with a fabulous soft shear train that starts from over the shoulder, but it was so lovely I couldn't decide who looks best in it- Mary, Maxima, or Mathilde?
Mary is so stylish and wears clothes well- she would appreciate the uniqueness.
Maxima has a strong and vibrant personality, not one to wear solemn black full length to a gala event, but the pop of the black and white, setting off her tan skin and blonde hair would make it work for her. The diagonal striping of the bias is very flattering to curves.
Mathilde is naturally elegant. This dress, which would be fashionable and couture on Mary, popping and energetic on Maxima, would look classic on Mathilde. The simple black and white would be elegant.

Anyone have any opinions who it looks best on?

Last edited:
Mary, I would say. She has the look of a more classic beauty, where as Maxima and Mathilde are more unique in their beauty. So something like a black column dress with a shoulder train, would probably look better on someone like her. You could always photoshop it on all 3 and let us choose based on the photos who looks best.

LadyK,
First off, that's amazing.:clap: I like the dress on both Mary and Maxima. Mathilde looked a little ghastly and washed out. I think her skin tone is very fair. This dress was a little too much for her. I think maybe the wrong colors. Of the two, my vote goes to Mary.:)

Last edited:
Ah, now that I see the image....definitely Mary. It just looks sublime on her. :)

olga7777 said:

So I wanted to add something I have done and also initiate some talk about it.

Great work, olga7777! Just as many of the jewels worn by the royal ladies have versatility (tiara-necklace, bracelet-headpiece, etc) I believe many of the royal ladies "economize" well be re-using gowns but still keep it interesting by altering them in some way. Doesn't always work but it saves on the cost of another garment. I really like what you did with Letizia's concert gown. She could re-use that with a great deal of style.

Thanks for the effort!

Mapper

This is a great thread! I like how creative you guys are. Keep it coming.;)

I think I like the dress but the model is too thin. Is that a sequined dress? I would love to see Victoria in somthing silky; something that flows.

How about Vicky in her mother's wedding dress?:D

I have to say that I'm partial to Letizia in green!:flowers:

and some more ;)

3 Queen changing their dresses:

Queen Sofia wearing Sonja's shocking pink galadress
Sofia wearing pink dress

(Official portrait/Royal House Norway:Scanpix)

Queen Silvia with Sofia's purple dress
Silvia wearing purple dress

(Official Portrait: casa real)

Queen Sonja with Silvia's brown dress
Sonja wearing brown dress

(Picture: Scanpix)

I think the cut of the pink dress would look lovely on Sofia. The colour... doesn't look good on anyone. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom