Old Fashion Discussion Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the "Mermaid"-dress she wore in Greece :) She looked great that day.
I think Cinderella is right. She has a unique style and most of the times I like her dresses because they look good on her. The dresses alone could look a bit strange, but on her always great :flowers:

Apart from the orange dress (sorry but I always have to think of garbage collectors who - in Germany - wear exactly the same colour. there even is a popular song about only garbage collectors wearing orange :p) with the shiny wrap I hated the brown pantsuit, very unflattering.

So true ;)

I think the orange dress looked horrible on her and the brown pantsuit is... well, let's say ... interesting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So true ;)

I think the orange dress looked horrible on her and the brown pantsuit is... well, let's say ... interesting ;)

I am surprised to see that jumpsuit between the evening dresses.

I love the "Mermaid"-dress she wore in Greece :) She looked great that day.
I think Cinderella is right. She has a unique style and most of the times I like her dresses because they look good on her. The dresses alone could look a bit strange, but on her always great :flowers:

I agree, I love the "mermaid" style gown!

Thanks for the round-up! I love all of them!

An overview of CP VIctoria's evening gown choices for 2010

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0147e1252da9970b-pi

It's so difficult to chose a favourite! I love the pre-wedding gown though!

I like the red-ruffled one! Absolutely gorgeous!

My faves are the black empire waist w the ruffles and the white gown she wore to Victoria's pre-wedding celebration.

Agreed! The cut and drape of those two are particularly beautiful!

It's so interesting to have these dresses all side by side. Mary certainly does very well when it comes to evening wear. I often wonder- is her stylist the one with the great taste, or is it Mary herself?

I liked the gala looks in the upper row. Others are not my cup of tea.

Agreed! The cut and drape of those two are particularly beautiful!

It's so interesting to have these dresses all side by side. Mary certainly does very well when it comes to evening wear. I often wonder- is her stylist the one with the great taste, or is it Mary herself?

I think it's the combination of both. I mean, the way I see it: Mary has her own style and ideas, she knows, what she likes, and, according to her ideas, her stylist is picking what's best for Mary.

As Mary decided to hire Anja, it is quiet likely that they have a similar idea of what suits Mary :)

The Elie Saab gown was breathtaking and Victoria looked amazing in it!

I really loved them all ....thanks for posting

2010 in evening gowns for CP Letizia (missing my fave for the year...the black cocktail dress when she wore the gorgeous ponytail)

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0148c72e9ea1970c-pi

My favorites
1 Number 5 : stunning in red!
2 Number 6
3 Number 4

My favorites :flowers:
1 Number 3
2 Number 5
3 Number 1

A selection CP Mette Marit's evening dress choices for 2010

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0148c72ea05d970c-pi

My favorites: :flowers:
1 dress 5
2 dress 4
3 dress 8
4 dress 7
5 dress 11

An overview of some of CP Mathilde's evening gown choices for 2010

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0147e12518e3970b-pi

I love the bright pink with the black sash, and the muted one-shouldered pink as well.

My favorites: :flowers:
1 dress 1 --> my absolute favorite for Mathilde, a stunning dress
2 dress 3
3 dress 2

:previous: The first was worn to Prince Philippe's 50th birthday - all I recall seeing were screencaps of a video, no good pictures since it was a private event.

The last was worn to one of the parties for Victoria's wedding (the private party, not the concert/dinner). It was a repeated dress: as worn previously.

Thanks for your explanation :flowers:
The dress worn to Prince Philippe's 50th birthday seems nice.

For me the dress she wore in Greece was the most beautiful for her this year.

Although some of her choices are a bit more 'unusual' compared to other crown princesses they work for Maxima because she has such a vibrant personality.

For me my favourite this year was the bright pink with the black sash. She suited this colour a lot that I would have thought she would.

I really liked the two blue dresses - my favourite was the blue with the pink sash she wore for Margrethe's birthday.

I thought the blue she wore at Victoria's wedding was also beautiful and was the best dress of the Crown Princesses that day.

MM has made some fashion mistakes in the past but this year I thought she really shone. Hopefully it will continue into 2011.

Loved the red ruffle dress and also the lighter blue from the Greek wedding.

I really liked the teal green from Margrethe's birthday (although I think she may have worn this previously?). I also really liked the white dress.

I didn't really like the aqua and lace dress she wore to Victoria's wedding although I think I am probably in the minority with this one!

I agree the Elie Saab was amazing and Victoria looked stunning. I also really liked the black and white striped dress.

Victoria has been really happy this year and has shone in her evening gowns with her beautiful smile on her face.

Of Maries evening dresses this year my favourite would have to be the red one. With her dark hair she looks very dramatic in red.

Marie seems to have worn a lot of paler colours this year and although she looks nice in them I would like her to have the confidence to wear more colour next year.

I liked all the dresses although nothing had a huge 'wow' factor for me except the green one at the end where the top looked like it was two cabbage leaves.

Sorry I couldn't think of how better to describe it...

I really liked the teal green from Margrethe's birthday (although I think she may have worn this previously?). I also really liked the white dress.

I didn't really like the aqua and lace dress she wore to Victoria's wedding although I think I am probably in the minority with this one!

I tend to agree, it's a beautiful dress I suppose, but it makes her look older than she is in my opinion.

However I'm in the minority for sure on the orange dress (which I really liked-it was different and a risk, but I loved the color and the way it popped!) and the brown pantsuit (which, again, I liked....). When did she wear the pantsuit?

My favorites
1 dress 1 --> love the colour, perfect with her blond hair
2 dress 6
3 dress 2

I also loved this look, her hair was also very beautiful.
Perfect for a christmas concert.

Evening dresses that Marie wore during 2010

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_twR_RR8SQQg/TR4E5Ua4mVI/AAAAAAAANiQ/3NkaTXIYcWE/s1600/Marie0.JPG

All the dresses are nice except for the 7th. I don't like the floral top and the lenght of the skirt

My favorites are
1 dress 8 --> lovely for summer with a really nice colour on Marie
2 dress 3
3 dress 6

I really don't like this first one and number 7.

MY favourite ones are number 2,8,9,10,13,14and17.

another wrap up of this year in Mette Marit's style for our pleasure

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Best of 2010: Crown Princess Mette-Marit
The first one is creative and I like the position of the straps. What I'm not fond of is the first and third below.

Marika86 said:
Evening dresses that Madeleine wore during 2010

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_twR_RR8SQQ...Madeleine0.JPG
I think the choice in this case is tough as all of them are cute to my taste!

The first gown is the best of them all. I can't take my eyes from it due to its striking tail, the fabric and Victoria's earrings.:flowers:

I'm stunned, Marie looks absolutely fantastic!! I love the overall look, from head to toe!! Baby blue seems to be her colour - two thumbs up!! ;)
For me three! :lol:
The three last ones are perfectly good!

I also loved this look, her hair was also very beautiful.
Perfect for a christmas concert.

Mathilde's dresses from 2009
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0147e12518e3970b-pi
Dresses from 2010 :)
I love the first creation and Mathilde's radiant face. In a nutshell, this gown is my favourite. :flowers:

For me the dress she wore in Greece was the most beautiful for her this year.

Although some of her choices are a bit more 'unusual' compared to other crown princesses they work for Maxima because she has such a vibrant personality.
The one with the hat is unusal indeed. A very vibrant option but I think I simply can't chew it over..

I'm of the opinion they're all equally smart and stunning. Charlene proved she's a good candidate for a royal lady with class and style.:)

The first gown is the best of them all. I can't take my eyes from it due to its striking tail, the fabric and Victoria's earrings.:flowers:

ITA. If she ever tops this look, then I'll have seen it all!! ;)

I love the first 2 gowns!! She looked gorgeous during her sister's wedding celebrations!!

Loved the red ruffle dress and also the lighter blue from the Greek wedding.

Me too.;) I don't know which one I love more, so I'll say both. Her hair at the Greek wedding was perfect, so this makes me think the overall look was a tad better. Anyway, Letizia looks equally gorgeous in both red and light blue.:flowers:

A selection CP Mette Marit's evening dress choices for 2010

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/6a0134849851fd970c0148c72ea05d970c-pi

Her best year fashion-wise!! :heart: I love them all, her Valentino gowns in particular!! Great colours, beautiful designs, everything looks lovely, IMO.

Thank you for the recap of Maxima's gowns. I love the floral gown that was first worn in Thailand.

I agree, this gown was beautiful! I like the 3rd one a lot (Victoria's wedding?), however, each dress is unique, very special and elegant.:flowers:

Most of these gowns are nice. My favourite ones: second row, the 3rd (white) and 4th (midnight blue) gown. These two look truly beautiful, IMO.
The orange one, 1st of the 1st row, is awful. Eek! :eek:

The only 1 I dislike is the aqua/light teal? chiffon on the end. Uggh! Otherwise she has lovely taste.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/01/best-of-2010-princess-mathilde.html

I love the bright pink with the black sash, and the muted one-shouldered pink as well.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't see anything special about the blue dress she wore to the Greek wedding. To me it looks like very bridesmaidy or prom dressy.

I like all of them except the last grey dress (#5) and the final one (from Greek wedding). Is it just me or does the bodice of the last dress look a bit like cabbage leaves?

I don't like from right to left: 1, 3 and 5.

Maybe the only dress that i like less is the gown that Letizia wore at Victoria & Daniel's wedding. All others dresses fit very well on Letizia

That dress is very fairy taleish whereas the others are modern.

Mette-Marit seems to be fond of tiered dresses. I think they suit her figure really well. My favourites have to be the two gowns she wore to CP Victoria's wedding and the ice blue dress she wore to Queen Margrethe's birthday.
This year she wore a lot of greys and pastels and once again, they suit her complexion really well. I'm not sure that hot pink is her colour though. MM's evening wardrobe has undergone an immense improvement in the last year or two yet her style always looks effortless and natural. I've also become a huge fan of her hairstyles.

Last edited:
The floral Valentino gown is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom