Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Danish/Scandinavian form of Susan???

According to the German wikipedia entry there are swedish forms for Susan: Sanna, Susanne or Susanna.

Susanne ? Wikipedia

But I think that if Susan will be part of the name, than the original form Susan. Christian has the name John (for his maternal grandfather) and Mary and Frederik had also the opportunity to give him the name Jens (which is according to the German wiki the danish form of John).

Johann ? Wikipedia

O'Hara is a beautiful name. It's very feminine, original, commands remembrance and has a Hollywood grace to it...

I can also see Mary naming a daughter Violet.

O'Hara will sound weird in Danish IMO.

Speaking of O'Hara, I think that Scarlet/t could be a possible name since it almost is pronounced the same on Danish & English.

The name Rose for a girl would also be cute & a possibility :).

I do adore the names Michael & Andreas for a boy.

Helena Victoria Maria Eugenia
Louise Margareth Anne Sophie
Matilda Victoria Alexandrine Donathea

Carl Auguste Friedrich Valdemar
Eric Christopher Joan Heinrich
Karl Auguste Friedrich Francois

Louise Margareth Victoire Marie
Helena Matilda Henrietta Caroline

I do adore the names Michael & Andreas for a boy.

That are beautiful names for danish kids. I read Top-20-list of names of european countries a while ago and I think those names were on it. So the kids would have modern names. And those names flow beautiful with Christian. It would be a nice choice.

I was also thinking about Holger for a while. How possible would that be? Is Holger a modern name in Denmark? I know it's a well-known middle-name in the DRF so it would also be a royal name if it is a modern name. :confused:

:previous:

Mary's godson is called Holger - the Reedtz-Thott's second son. I'm not sure if Frederik and Mary would go for Holger, as it is more a Danish name than an 'international' name, which both Christian and Isabella are.

Godparents (royals) for one:
Prince Carl-Phillip of Sweden
Prince Phillipos of Greece
Alexander Johannsmann
Infanta Christina of Spain
Princess Claire of Belgium

for the second one:
Princess Nathalie zu-Sayn -Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Princess Theodora of Greece
Prince Laurent of Belgium
Prince Felix of Luxembourg
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Other: friends or some first cousins of Mary

Did Princess Maria-Olimpia of Greece have confirmation already? If yes, why not she? (She is already 14 years old)

I would like them to have a Princess Louise and a Princess Charlotte.

As godparents, maybe Máxima, she seemed to be having fun with Mette-Marit and Mary at Victoria's wedding, and again at Nikolaos's wedding. Or Madeleine, or Marie, for women and maybe Gustav or Willem-Alexander for men.

Josette

Last edited:
That are beautiful names for danish kids. I read Top-20-list of names of european countries a while ago and I think those names were on it. So the kids would have modern names. And those names flow beautiful with Christian. It would be a nice choice.

I was also thinking about Holger for a while. How possible would that be? Is Holger a modern name in Denmark? I know it's a well-known middle-name in the DRF so it would also be a royal name if it is a modern name. :confused:

Yeah that was what I thought too :)

Holger is not very popular as other "old" names, but I think that in a couple of year it'll be very popular. But as JessRulz pointed out, CP Mary's godson is named Holger & it isn't very international :)

My choices:
Princess Anna-Sophie Ingrid Mary
Princess Thyra Ingrid Henriette Margarete
Princess Christina Ingrid Erika Emma
Princess Anna Elenora Ingrid Mary
Princess Ingrid Dagmar Mary Elizabeth
Princess Elenora Elizabeth Sophia Mary

Prince Erik Valdemar Christian Oluf
Prince Johan Christian Valdemar Christoffer

Godparents: Caroline Heering, One of the Norwegian Royals, Marie-Chantal of Greece, some of Henri's family?, maybe Amber petty and Mary's brother or sisters. I question Maxima, but it is possible. Mary however, seems to see the Norwegian Royals more than the Dutch. Maybe Daniel Westling?

Michael is also the name of one of Mary's nephews...Patricia's son...

Patricia has: Michael, Maddison, Molly
Jane has: Alexander, Kate, Erin
John has: Cherie, Michelle

They won't use Louise because of all of those mentioned above, as well the Wessex's Louise and friend Helle Reedtz-Thott has an Eloise (as well as Ludvig and Holger)...I am sticking with all my suggestions made earlier...And as for godparents, I did forget Madeleine...

I think it will be:
Princess Marie
Princess Madeleine
Princess Maxima

Prince Daniel
Prince Carl-Philip ?
John Donaldson (jnr.)

Me again...Seeing Mary and Fred at the Greek wedding made get the feeling that perhaps they will have FIVE children...Just like Anne-Marie and her son, Pavlos...I think they will have twin girls and squeeze in another before Mary turns 40 (or in her 40th year, late 2012?) and it will be a boy...B-G-G-G-B....bookend boys! They can do it and I hope they do...

Christian, Isabella, Matilda, Adelaide and Olafur? ;)

as well the Wessex's Louise

The fact that the Wessex's have a Louise would make no difference to the name of Mary and Frederiks children.
Princess Claire of Belgium has a daughter named Princess Louise, Princess Letizia has a daughter named Sofia as well as a mother-in-law with the same name.

If they want to named their child Louise or Christopher or any other name that someone else has they can.

May I ask why so many people believe in the name Olafur?
The name is not popular (IMO it sounds more Icelandic than Danish) or anything like that here in Denmark, so I'm just curious :)

May I ask why so many people believe in the name Olafur?
The name is not popular (IMO it sounds more Icelandic than Danish) or anything like that here in Denmark, so I'm just curious :)

Not so many people, just me ;) I love the name because of it's island feel (Iceland/Greenland/Faroe) and Fred did once say they might use a name from there...And it sounds similar to the popular English name, Oliver...So it might get a look-in...And a name doesn't have to be popular for them to use it, but a name might BECOME popular because they use it :)

So sorry, I keep on about it, but I am hoping Mary and her staff visit these boards to get a general consensus and hopefully I've planted a seed...

Yes, but Astrid's daughter is a Luisa Maria (as a first name) so there is a difference, too. Mary and Fred may employ this tactic (using Marie or Maria) but I don't see this happening, as there are already Princesses named Marie and Mary.

True. Princess Astrid of Belgium's lille girl's name is Luisa and Prince Laurent's daughter is Louise. It's the same name. I'm still sure they'll pick something different. :)

Girls :
Sophie Charlotte Alexandrine Renée
Caroline Mathilde Alexandrine Renée
Louise Helene Alexandrine Renée

Boys :
William Erik Knud André
Carl Axel Knud André
George Philip Knud André

Now Charlotte and Oscar are modern yet traditional. Thyra and Knud are old and not modern. IMO.

I agree they won't go with the really antiquated names even if they are tradtional Danish names.

Girls
Caroline
Emma
Charlotte

Boys
Johan
Andre
Miles

I might think of some more

Godparent Marie,Maxima,Williem Alexander,Mary's other siblings Patrica and John-and I'm sure others we will never think of.

I'm guessing each twin will have their own set of godparents so that's alot of people to decide on.:ohmy:

Someone brough up Susan,Susanne or Susanna any of them would be pretty for a girl as well

O'hara? as a first name?
I don't know if that is common elsewhere but in the states surnames are becoming quite common as first names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am beginning to think whatever they use I will be disappointed...I wished they had used 'Arabella' instead of Isabella, which I suggested in previous posts because of it's royal connections and links to Scotland, while still sounding Danish (sort of)...So while I love suggesting 'unusual' names like Matilda, Adelaide, Xenia, Anneke....I have a feeling they won't do it and will call them something popular, common and used by other contemporary royals, names like Sophie and Louise....yawn!

Not so many people, just me ;) I love the name because of it's island feel (Iceland/Greenland/Faroe) and Fred did once say they might use a name from there...And it sounds similar to the popular English name, Oliver...So it might get a look-in...And a name doesn't have to be popular for them to use it, but a name might BECOME popular because they use it :)

So sorry, I keep on about it, but I am hoping Mary and her staff visit these boards to get a general consensus and hopefully I've planted a seed...

Well, I've seen it being mentioned a lot of times, so I was just curious :) IMO it's very beautiful in English, but it sounds kinda weird in Danish, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Haha. I understand & that would be so amazing! I can just imagine them lurking around on here. *cross fingers & hope that they'll see the names Xenia, Andreas & Mathilda & fall in love with them* :)

I love the name Adrianna for a girl :) Not an unlikely name, IMO it matches with Christian & Isabella. I'm also still totally hooked up on Rose, Xenia & Mathilda.

I find the whole thing with boys names a tat harder, IDK why. I like Andreas very much & also Carl & Joseph. But I can't really think of anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they will have as many royal godparents as people are saying. Isabella didn't, so why would twins after her have more? But it is easier to have them since we know who they are. I had no heard of some of Isabella's godparents before.

Maybe Amber will be one of the godparents.

I am beginning to think whatever they use I will be disappointed...I wished they had used 'Arabella' instead of Isabella..!

No offense, but Arabella would really have raised some eyebrows in Denmark I think. It may sound OK in English - but in Denmark, no. Frederik would never have chosen that.

No offense, but Arabella would really have raised some eyebrows in Denmark I think. It may sound OK in English - but in Denmark, no. Frederik would never have chosen that.

Why would Frederik never have chosen it?
How is it pronounced in Danish?

I don't think they will have as many royal godparents as people are saying. Isabella didn't, so why would twins after her have more? But it is easier to have them since we know who they are. I had no heard of some of Isabella's godparents before.

Exactly. They'll probably only have two royal & four non-royal godparents, like Bella.

I think they might look at Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, Prince Philip Carl of Sweden, Prince Filipe of Spain? although Victoria is already Christian's god mother.

Names, I think she might go for sophie as it was strongly rumored that Isabella was going to be named Sophie... Sticking with tradional names like they have done with the other 2

Why would Frederik never have chosen it?
How is it pronounced in Danish?

It's not the pronounciation as such - it's rather close to the English. It's just - the name. I just tested it on my grown-up daughters and asked them what they thought of the name - and they said that it sounded like a character in one of their little sister's teenage love novels ;) I think that is my impression as well, probably unfairly. I just don't see it as a name used for a Danish royal, sorry.

What about Pat and Patachon? :D

I believe that it will be girls. Mary doesn't look good and usually that's a sign that a girl is on the way.

Arabella is a beautiful name. As far as I remember it means beautiful Arabian girl. But we already have a Bella, right?

It's not the pronounciation as such - it's rather close to the English. It's just - the name. I just tested it on my grown-up daughters and asked them what they thought of the name - and they said that it sounded like a character in one of their little sister's teenage love novels ;) I think that is my impression as well, probably unfairly. I just don't see it as a name used for a Danish royal, sorry.

This. Arabella just doesn't ... idk, I just don't think that it sounds right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom