Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he does have a point if the people are in fact paying for it... I mean come on.

Moving on, so dr.dk and tv2.dk will air the wedding online, right? Again, it's super late in the evening here in L.A. and I'm too lazy to research it myself.:D;) By the way, it's good to "see" you again, UD:flowers:.

Thanks GT:flowers:
LOL - no, I don't agree with that 'we are paying for it, so we have a right,..' stuff. We - the Danish nation - pays the royal family an agreed sum of money. What they royal family spends that on is their business as far as I am concerned :)

I am looking forward to see a beautiful Marie in a beautiful wedding dress and I am so excited about the wedding dress.

I'm going to be watching TRF tomorrow to see when this subforum name changes to include Marie!

What? No ABBA, no Eurythmics, no Belinda Carlisle...and they call this a wedding..pft..:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Ain't no mountain
Copacabana
Love is in the air
I've got you under my skin
Volare
Can't take my eyes off you
For once in my life
My way
New York, New York
Fly me to the moon
She
O sole mio
Just the way you are

wow, definitely fun! i would love to see them dancing those. :)

i didn't know there was such thing as an official release of the dance songs of the wedding.

i just saw marie's video and really enjoyed it. while i couldn't get to the end, it was much enjoyable and she seems a really sweet, warm person. i can't wait to see her in her role as princess.

i wonder if we'll get to know their chosen honeymoon destination... :)

Wow, she looks like a princess already. Flowers in hand, knees together (still needs to work on the ankles), admiring some document or thing presented to her. I didn't expect to see that until after the wedding.

Marie looked pretty today. Both, she and Joachim, looked really happy.
Joachim's pink tie is quite funny. ;)

royaltywatcher said:
Wow, she looks like a princess already.
You know..this was my first thought as well. ;) Her appearance already quite changed!

Marie spoke her "first" public words of Danish when she got up at the reception and thanked for the gift from the municipality. It was just an intro and the finish that was in Danish, the rest was in English.

Still it was a nice thing to do, especially as she is not used to talk in public.

Marie spoke her "first" public words of Danish when she got up at the reception and thanked for the gift from the municipality. It was just an intro and the finish that was in Danish, the rest was in English.
Thanks norwegianne. I was wondering what language she spoke in. I'm suprised that it was just the intro and the end. You would have thought that by now she would have been able to give a "small" speech in danish other than the beginning and the end.
But maybe that is just me. I guess I am expecting too much from her?!! I would think that since she is getting married this weekend and will be living full time with her new husband, and especially if she is going to start doing duties with or with out her husband she would have some grasp on the language. I'm not asking for perfection, just some of her new language. A little more than what she gave.
But like I said, maybe "I" expect too much out of her.

But maybe that is just me. I guess I am expecting too much from her?!! I would think that since she is getting married this weekend and will be living full time with her new husband, and especially if she is going to start doing duties with or with out her husband she would have some grasp on the language. I'm not asking for perfection, just some of her new language. A little more than what she gave.
But like I said, maybe "I" expect too much out of her.

It depends what your personal limits are, Sesa. Some people believe it's okay to do with the minimal, hence to slide by. While others stress the importance of really trying to integrate oneself into a new culture... to really achieve and strive. Is there a right or wrong answer? Again, it all depends on the individual.

Conrgats to Marie for demostrating her Danish skills for the first time. Very good, Marie!

Marie had real pep in her step as she walked up to the podium.
She sat very demurely with Joachim during the presentation.
She looked very pretty today, but she needs to lay off the tanning booth.
She may surprise us all with her abilities in the end ...

You would have thought that by now she would have been able to give a "small" speech in danish other than the beginning and the end.

I recommend attending Danish lessons and changing your religion (which asks to attend teachings and passing an exam) while moving from one country to the next, preparing a wedding with a very official character and visiting as much of your new home country as possible. I wonder how much Danish (and it is definately a difficult language) you would be able to "grasp" under the circumstances.

As with all very busy people, Marie had to set priorities and I believe changing her faith, moving and organising her wedding is higher on that list. It would be on mine, to be honest. Language comes later when you actually live in that country. But she showed that she is serious about becoming a Danish citizen, IMHO.

She looked very pretty today, but she needs to lay off the tanning booth.
She may surprise us all with her abilities in the end ...

I totally agree on both these points.

The tanning booth is not her friend; deep tans are unattractive and dated looking. (If she doesn't actually tan herself but has naturally dark skin, then my apologies.)

I think she will surprise us. She has something, I can't put my finger on it, but she is interesting--specifically, she says natural and insightful things. I don't think she worries too much about saying the wrong thing.

I am surprised at how much of the princess treatment she is getting, even before her marriage. She looks more official than Mary signing that book with the flashbulbs going off! I didn't expect this.

I am surprised at how much of the princess treatment she is getting, even before her marriage. She looks more official than Mary signing that book with the flashbulbs going off! I didn't expect this.

She is French with an upper class education. I bet her school in Paris was a very good one, judging form the manor she grew up in, then she went to school in Geneva, where they have very famous schools for young ladies and then to a exclusive boarding school in Switzerland. Her grandmother is from the French nobility, so she surely had a very thorough education when it comes to manners and how to behave in society. Plus her family shares friends with the Danish RF, so she was invited to the hunt where she met prince Joachim. I wouldn't wonder if her father's an old friend of Henrik, because they are of the same age and come from the same region in France. Maybe prince Henrik or his brother went to school with M. Cavallier.

I totally agree on both these points.

The tanning booth is not her friend; deep tans are unattractive and dated looking. (If she doesn't actually tan herself but has naturally dark skin, then my apologies.)

I think she will surprise us. She has something, I can't put my finger on it, but she is interesting--specifically, she says natural and insightful things. I don't think she worries too much about saying the wrong thing.

Yes, she seems very, very self-assured --- almost cocky.

Has this one been posted yet?

Another photosession
JV.dk

Another one? Geez, talk about overkill... I wish they would stop shoving these lovey shots down my throat. I get it already, you two are in love... yes, thank you. Enough already.:rolleyes::D However, I will give Marie a brownie point for saying twelve words in Danish that she doesn't speak Danish yet... at least she's honest about it.

Last edited:
Yes, she seems very, very self-assured --- almost cocky.
:ermm:You know ,I was thinking that too but maybe it is confidence. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and really trying to warm to her, she certainly has good points, but maybe i am byass in that i love CP Mary so much and don't want to share my affections!!:flowers:
I do think that Marie is trying, but i would also think that her grasp on the language would be more rounded. Now that she will be living in Denmark and surrounded (hopefully) by people who will speak to her in Danish, then she will get better.

What time does the wedding start on Saturday? Danish time, I can convert it to my time zone.

I've noticed in the pictures that she is wearing nail polish. Funny cause I dont recall other royals (well she is not a royal yet) doing it. Also in the video she looks sad about her parent's divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom