Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will see it at home later because I don't have sound here! I wil make my comments in the video but I really loved to see the pictures!!!
I'am not expect a great wedding dress for Marie, I don't know why but I think something very simple and not at all great. But lets wait and see!!

I hope this hasn't been asked before, but does anyone know if the wedding is going to be broadcast on an online website somewhere? Or if it will even be live on Danish television considering it will be a more or less private wedding!

I don't think the wedding will be broadcast live, although I think I read somewhere that they will be showing it later.

I watched the Maire documentary last night and really enjoyed it. She came across as being a very warm, fun and open person.

I hope this hasn't been asked before, but does anyone know if the wedding is going to be broadcast on an online website somewhere? Or if it will even be live on Danish television considering it will be a more or less private wedding!
TV2 will broadcast it live on TV and online, see Glittering Tiara's post http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/766365-post279.html
I am also sure we will be able to see bits and pieces of the wedding online later on.

John Lindskog is the man who wrote the book about Marie: Den franske prinsesse (Marie Cavallier-The French Princess)

He looks like Bilbo Baggins from Tolkien's books LOTR and The Hobbit.:lol:
Indeed!:D

Bilbo wrote that book?:ermm: Interesting... hopefully it will come out in French or English in the future because I would like to read it.

Are Joachim and Marie going to have a pre-wedding concert/gala like Mary and Frederik did?

I have watched the interview and I must say I have change my opion of Marie. She at least seems to know what she is getting in to and I hope both her and Joachim will be very happy.

I didn't like very mucht that documentary, I was hoping to see something more, skiing, her dog apfel his wonderful, but...I don't know!!!! And then she told that "this happens to the only girl in the world that didn't think about it...." (regarding her married with a Prince) I didn't like this statement at all, sorry. I still have the same ideia of Marie has I have in the beginning.

I watched it...

She has a lovely accent and is quite articulate when speaking english, and is of course very pretty and will no doubt carry the image of a Princess with ease. Marie seems to have a 'quirky' sense of humour which is amusing. Seems to relish her independance, also.

Last edited:
Don't worry, i have worked it out!!! Amazingly.

Ok,so i have watched the video and my opinion of Marie is that she is a nice enough girl but may find the pressures of the royal family a little bit too restrictive. On numerous occasions throughout the video, she mentions how independant she is. She seems a little bit 'flighty' I guess is my way of describing it. I do like her, she is funny and articulate, but time will tell if she will mould into her new role. I wish them the best of luck.

I havent watched the documentary yet but I plan to and I am really looking forward to the wedding.
Personally I think that Nikolai and Felix will look adorable as Joachim's best men:wub:

The documentary was intersting. Marie seemed very descent,sweet, natural, optimistic like any other girl. I think one of the chanllenges she will face will be getting used to the press at the beginning, specially to all the rumours and stories they make up now & then, also learning danish.
but I'm sure she will get all the support from her hubby.
love her english accent, I never knew Joachim spoke french, they were talking in french in some of the parts of video.
I wish her all the best.:rolleyes:

I'm watching now. My favorite part so far is when she yells at Apple: "Apple! C'est fini maintenant!" :ROFLMAO:

I liked Marie a lot after seeing the documentary. She seemed very down-to-earth, unaffected and more likeable than previous press. This is coming from someone who disliked her before, so I'm not biased towards Marie. While I still think there may be problems down the road given her need for independence, I really admired her frank and realistic perspective of what being a princess is like, how to be a stepmother, how to have a good marriage, etc.

Last edited:
I watched parts of the documentary and found her quite likeable although I think she can be tough when she wants to be.

I never saw the documentary about Mary (I presume there was one) and it gives you an insight into how much work goes into being a princess especially if you are from a different country. It will be interesting to see Marie grow into her role within the Danish Royal family.

On a lighter note we know the church will probably have white and yellow flowers and greenery. I wonder if yellow will be in any other part of the wedding i.e. the bridesmaids etc.

Last edited:
I hope they don't have yellow flowers as the main focus in the church because Joachim and Alexandra had yellow flowers, that were the main focus, in the church and in her bridal hand-held thingy.

I hope they don't have yellow flowers as the main focus in the church because Joachim and Alexandra had yellow flowers, that were the main focus, in the church and in her bridal hand-held thingy.

Oh dear that would be a bit odd - I didn't know Alexandra had yellow.

In the documentary she mentions the white and a little yellow because the church is so colourful and she doesn't want the flowers to compete too much - I don't know who the man with them at the church is but he suggested the green elements.

Maybe the yellow will just be in the church - did Mary have her bright pinks etc in the church (I can't really remember).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom