King Harald and Queen Sonja: January- December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anita said:
Even though I'm late, I wish a very happy birthday to Queen Sonja !:)
Is her birthday today? :confused:
If it's a missed it :eek: :eek:
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

...JuAnItA... said:
Is her birthday today? :confused:
If it's a missed it :eek: :eek:
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

No, it was yesterday, but I couldn' t be on the web ...:(

Anita said:
No, it was yesterday, but I couldn' t be on the web ...:(
Ahh... :eek: :eek: Thanks.. anyway, Happy Birthday! :p :D

Sonja turned 69 this year. She and Harald will both turn 70 next year.

Are the Kings already in holidays? :confused: :confused:

...JuAnItA... said:
I read something about that in Se og Hör ... I think they are already in holidays (The Queen celebrated her birthday there)... but don't ask me where. ;)

I am very late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sonja! :)
We celebrated her birthday when I was in Norway last week! ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
July is the holiday month in Norway. Generally, the school holidays start around June 23rd (St. John's Eve/Midsummer), the work holidays a week later, - and continue for four-five weeks. Norway is the country of summer intern workers in July - to put it like that.

norwegianne said:
July is the holiday month in Norway. Generally, the school holidays start around June 23rd (St. John's Eve/Midsummer), the work holidays a week later, - and continue for four-five weeks. Norway is the country of summer intern workers in July - to put it like that.
Thanks norwegianne. ;)
So... we will see photos soon.. :rolleyes:

Funeral of former Prime Minister Lars Korvald

You will se some pictures this wednesday, but not the happy kind. Other than that she ressumes her official agenda in the middel of August.

Queen Sonja is going to attend the funeral of former Prime Minister Lars Korvald (1916-2006) in Bragernes Church in Drammen on the 12.07 at 12.30
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_allAtOnce.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=15&aid=
Queen Sonja is really the funeral-goer of the family, she seems to have gone to all the ones where their presense has been required lately, it would be nice if they split it a little, noone likes going to funerals but I guess here it makes sense since she would know him much better than her children. Korvald was Prime minister from 1972-1973. The expenses for his funeral is covered by the state. He dies only two weeks after his wife he was married to for 63 years

Last edited:
Queen Sonja today in the funeral of former PM Lars Korvald, also present is The President of Stortinget Torbjørn Jagland, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and former PM Kjell Magne Bondevik. In Drammen where the funeral takes place the flags are flying half mast.

www.dt.no

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 199
Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 00995244.jpg
    00995244.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 00995242.jpg
    00995242.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 00995243.jpg
    00995243.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
I've question: any photo of their holidays??? :confused:

Only one from her birthday, taken papprazzi style at Maagerø, appeard in a magazine, there is not much interest in what she does in her vacation unless she is with her grandchildren. Usually she prefers to be in Norway in the vacation, to walk in the mountains, noone disturbs her then, and she can relaxe in peace.

But it is curious how well the whole family has hidden so far in the vacation, maybe the gossip magazines will have something tomorrow, but its not the Queen the concentrate their forces on. I expect the Crown Prince Family might go to Mallorca to visit Kyril and Rosario, like they have the last years, and then surly there will be pictures (it beats me why someone would want to spend their vacation on THE most camera crowded Island though) The Queen has gone to Mallorca sometimes as well to see the King sail, atleast she did in 2004, when she was on the boat with Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia.

The last years we have gotten pictures of Märtha and family at the festival at Hankø arranged by Ari Behn and his friend, but they are not having it this year, so no pictures of them either.

Well the press found one Norwegian royal on vacation (probably not the one at the top of their wish list though), it seems the King is not in Spain but in Nothern Norway fishing Salmon in the Alta river with 3 friends. According to the article they have been lucky with the fishing and theKing got the biggest, a salmon weighing 11 kilo. Now however he is heading for Mallorca and the Bretling regatta where he will for the first time take part with his new Yacht
http://nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/troms_og_finnmark/1.743858
a bigger pic
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/18/471730.html
Altaposten
NRK

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Article from VG - mostly quoting an article from Dagbladet
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=125109

King Harald to celebrate Pakistan's national day

(VG Nett) For the first time, King Harald will celebrate Pakistan's national day with Norwegian-Pakistanis in Oslo
by MONA BRISTØL

"When I opened the letter and saw that King Harald accepted our invitation, I got tears in my eyes," says Høyre (Right)- politician Aamir J. Sheik to Dagbladet.no.

"It is a very strong signal, and it says something about cultures meeting, and not isolate themselves from each other. King Harald shows that he's the king of all fo Norway," says Sheik to the internet newspaper.

The Palace information manager, Astrid Versto, confirms the participation of the King.

"It is correct that the King will be there, and that it is the first time he attends such a minority's celebration of their national day," says Versto

The Pakistani society will, during the celebration of Pakistan's independence, August 14., award the King the Bridgebuilder price. Sheik will, at the moment, not tell Dagbladet.no, why the King has been chosen to be Bridgebuilder of the year.

The award has earlier been awarded well-known persons, such as Kåre Willoch (Norwegian PM) Morten Harket (of A-ha), Wenche Foss (Grand old lady of Norwegian theatre & film) and Kjell Magne Bondevik (Norwegian PM).

(VG NETT 01.08.06 kl. 09:56)

20.00 The Queen is present for Oslo Jazz festival - Oslo Concert Building
(posted by Larzen in the Engagement Calendar)

Are there any pictures of this event? :huh:

I dont really know where to post it so I put it here since King Harald is the head of the Guard. Today the Kings Guard got a new boss, and for the first time in its 150 year history it is a woman, Lieutenant Colonel Ingrid Gjerde.:flowers:

Håkon M. Larsen

Last edited:
August 21st the building who holds the ministry of finance was 100 years, Queen Sonja was given a tour of the building who represent how the european Art Nouveu met the Norwegian "dragon style" Today its only the ministry of finance that has their officies in this building. The Queen was met by the very first Norwegian minster of finace who is a woman, Kristin Halvorsen, she is also an outspoken republican so I doubt the Queen was expecting a courtesy:lol:
sonjake7.jpg

Pic and information from
http://www.odin.dep.no/fin/norsk/aktuelt/nyheter/006071-210287/dok-bn.html
they also has a picture series of the building
http://odin.dep.no/fin/html/tour/tour01.html

16.00 The Queen is present for the XI international Ibsen conference, the University of Oslo
highspc6cc16ung1881largese5.jpg

https://www.ung1881.no/Templates/Article____10801.aspx

In October the Queen will go to Egypt to see the Ibsen play Peer Gynt performed infront of the Pyramides in Giza together with the first lady of Egypt, lucky her
http://www.aftenposten.no/kul_und/article1375897.ece

Norway has two incomming and two outcomming state visit a year, Incomming beeing Spain and Bulgaria and outgoing beeing the completed Swiss statevisit, here is information on the 2. outgoing state visit this year. A state visit to India has been cancelled on doctors advice which said the King should limit his travels to Europe this year, and will be conducted by the Crown Prince Couple this autumn as an official visit.
State Visit to Ireland
On invitation from the President of Ireland Mary McAleese HM the King and HM the Queen will go on a state visit to Ireland 18-20 september 2006. The Royal cople will arrive in Ireland on the 17th and the visit will start in dublin on the 18th and end in the evening in Cork on the 20th

In addition to ceremonial posts and meetings with the President and Prime Minister Bertie Ahern and visit to the Mayors of Dublin and Cork the program will include research and business meetings focusing on food quality, animal health and maritim sector. The Queen will give a lecture on Norway and take part in Ibsen arrangements in Dublin. In Cork the Queen will open the exhibition "The Rythm of Light" with Norwegian silver jewellery. The Royal Couple will finnifsh their visit with a reception onboard the royal yacht

The Minister of Forreign Affairs, The minister of Trade, the Mnister of the Coast and Fishery will be included in the visit
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5957

Queen Sonja is Patron of a new campaign that will start on sept the 1st and last for 14 days where the goal is that as many people as possible should walk 10 000 steps a day, everyone can join by buying a step counter at the farmasist and at the same time you support the Heart and Lung association. There are lots of advices on how to reach the 10 000 stpes, sonja gets many of hers by taking the stpes instead of the ellevator at the Palace
sonjastepsaw6.jpg
http://www.hvert-skritt-teller.no/

Last edited:
11.30 The King opens the 119th Autumn art exhibition - The house of the artists - Oslo
I suspect the Queen must be on vacation, this is such typicall engagment for her, also she has no engagmenets for almost two weeks. I think she usually goes to France or Switzerland every autumn. The King is pictured with Minister of cutlure, Trond Giske, he is also a close personal friend of Märtha and Ari, and godfather of Maud Angelica

SIDE 2

The Norwegian Royal Court today announced the plans for the King and Queen's 70th birthdays in 2007 via a press release.

King Harald's birthday on 21 February 2007 will be started with a church service in the Trefoldighetskirken in Oslo. Later that day there will be some kind of arrangement in Palace Park, and the day will be concluded with a dinner at Akershus castle.

The Nordic heads of states and guests from the Royal Houses of Europe are invited to Olso from 23-25 February. A ball will be held at the Royal Palace on 24 February.

On Queen Sonja's 70th birthday on 4th of July, royal guests are invited to a trip with the royal yacht Norge. It will start in Stavanger and end in Vestfold, with stops in Lindesnes and Arendal.

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=6131

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so going home to Stavanger next summer ;)

It's interesting that they have these gatherings of royals and take them out to experience Norway in this manner, I think.

That sounds interesting. I thought the couple would celebrate their birthday together in summer.. Well, I hope for many wonderful pictures of the Royal Familys from all over the world. :)

On the Kings birthday there will be a concert in the park surrounding the palace, that sound like it might be a cold experience considering his birthday is in the middle of the winter:neutral: Probably this concert will be open to the public. In the evening the goverment gives a gala dinner at Akershus

According to se og hør, Margrethe, Silvia and Carl Gustav will come to Norway both in Febuary and July, (But Im not sure how confirmed that is)

The Norwegian and Danish royal yacht will be used on the trip from Stavanger to Lindesnes which is the most southern point of the mainland and then to Arendal before it will end with a party at the royal summerhouse Maagerø, this is during the summervacation in the scandinavian countries so hopefully many of them will be able to come.

Last time there has been such cruise they visited the west coast but it seems now they have conisdered the guest have gotten 10 years older and with various knee and leg trouble they are visitng flatter places:lol: but still very, very beautiful
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske+kongehus/1.199835
http://web3.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/article347819.ece

King Harlad opens the new cancer and isolation center, ullevål hospital

Junge, Heiko

Today Queen Sonja visited the new Opera which is currently beeing build in Oslo to get information about the building prosess and future plans

scanpix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom