King Harald and Queen Sonja: January- December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou very much for all those pictures. Queen Sonja looks so elegant and professional, I admire her.

The Queen is present for opening of Munch exhibition, The Museum of Modern Art -New York
During the visit she will open the exhibition, attend a dinner and reception given by the museum in the evening and attend a Munch Symposium the next day
NEttavisen

Attachments

• Dronning_Sonja_231407s.jpg
    Dronning_Sonja_231407s.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 256
18.00 The Queen is present for the unveiling of the statue “Filipstadsbananen” Hennie Onstad Art centre
Pics from budstikka

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 345
Pressrelease from http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyleAll.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=501&aid=5462

Her Excellency Ms. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
President of the Republic of the Philippines
Manila

Your Excellency
I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic loss of life and destruction caused the by the landslide in Southern Leyte.
On behalf of myself and the Norwegian people I send my sincere condolences and ask you to convey my deepest sympathy to all those affected by the disaster.
Harald R

Happy Birthday, King Harald!!! :)

Larzen said:
The Queen is present for opening of Munch exhibition, The Museum of Modern Art -New York
During the visit she will open the exhibition, attend a dinner and reception given by the museum in the evening and attend a Munch Symposium the next day

Sonja, Queen of Norway (L) and the MoMA Chief curator at large, Kynaston McShine stand near "Despair and Angst" by painter Edward Much. The MoMA is preparing for a major exhibition of the Norweigian painter.
New York City, New York , USA
February 14, 2006

(from corbis)

Authorized biography of King Harald

An authorized biography of Norway's King Harald is due to appear four months before the king's 70th birthday.

Former Aftenposten editor Per Egil Hegge is the author of the work, and he has spent the past two years interviewing King Harald. Hegge has also spoken with all of the adult members of the Norwegian royal family and a wide range of those who know the king through official or personal channels.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1237708.ece

05-03-2006 King Harald of Norway arrived at the Oslo Domkirke to celebrate the 100 annivarsary of the Blue Cross
Picture Press Europe

Attachments

• 06030501.jpg
    06030501.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 06030502.jpg
    06030502.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 322
I think that my favorite Kings are Badouin of Belgium and now, King Harald because the king Badouin was a man wonderful and king Harald is a man that I belive is intelligent. I am fan of the royal family of Norway and of England.
Monarquiasdehoy

The Queen took a stroll

I just viewed Aftenpostens English Royal site and found a series of pictures of Queen Sonja walking home after a public engagement in Oslo. The site says the pictures were originally postet on May, 26th, 2005 - as they weren't mentioned in this thread then, here is the link:

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/bildeserier/article1047720.ece?start=7

Just a question. In picture 6 you can see the queen and the mayor of oslo walking together over the lawn with the queen walking on his left hand side. Here in Germany, manners dictate that the woman always walks on the right hand side of the accompanying man.

Is this not seen so strictly in Norway? Just wondering about cultural differences...

Jo of Palatine said:
I just viewed Aftenpostens English Royal site and found a series of pictures of Queen Sonja walking home after a public engagement in Oslo. The site says the pictures were originally postet on May, 26th, 2005 - as they weren't mentioned in this thread then, here is the link:

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/bildeserier/article1047720.ece?start=7

Just a question. In picture 6 you can see the queen and the mayor of oslo walking together over the lawn with the queen walking on his left hand side. Here in Germany, manners dictate that the woman always walks on the right hand side of the accompanying man.

Is this not seen so strictly in Norway? Just wondering about cultural differences...

The pictures can be found in an older version of this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rent-events-july-2004-june-2005-a-5264-9.html I recommend reading through the older news and picture threads as there are some fascinating tidbits in most of them :D

I think that Norway is a lot less formal in these matters than Germany, especially since this was not a formal event at all, but a spur of the moment kind of thing.

marian said:
king Harald is a man that I belive is intelligent. I am fan of the royal family of Norway and of England.
Monarquiasdehoy

Totally agree !:)

His Excellency
Mr Luiz Inácio Lula Da Silva
President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
Brasilia

Your Excellency,
I was deeply saddened by the news of the death of HE Mr Cesar de Faria D. Moreira, Your Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Kingdom of Norway.
I wish to extend my condolences to you personally and ask you to convey my deepest sympathy to Ambassador Moreira's family
Harald R

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5512

Last edited:
Thanks purple_platinum, it looks cold in Mallorca this time of year. Surprising.

Jo of Palatine said:

Is this not a cultural thing? I always thought a woman (and other "baggage" :D) was kept on your left so you could salute/shake hands, etc. with your right. Not so? Perhaps it differs from country to country.

14.-15.3
The King and Queen visit Green Howards in London

Read about the evening here (scroll down)
http://www.greenhowards.org.uk/html-files/latest.htm
Queen Sonjas gala dress is oooold, I would be suprised is it was less than 15 years:rolleyes: and it does nothing for her figure IMO
Pics from the link above

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 310
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 361
  • Untitled-TrueColor-06.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-06.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
10.30 The Queen is present for the opening of the conference on National tourist tracks, Lillehammer
www.gd.no (pic from scanpix)

Attachments

• 20060327_845487_1S.jpg
    20060327_845487_1S.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
The King looks better than he has in a long time :)

Royal Fan said:
The King looks better than he has in a long time :)

Yeah, it seems like his health is ok again!:)
Good for him and Norway;)

15.00 The Queen is present when the foundationstone of Bjerkebæks new tourist/service-center is put down, Lillehammer
Scanpix via www.gd.no
The New service center lies in connection with Nobel Prize winner in Litterature Sigrid Undseths home, she also got to meet Undsets niese
http://gd.no/artikkel.asp?Artid=171272

Attachments

• 20060328_845581_2.jpg
    20060328_845581_2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 20060328_845581_3.jpg
    20060328_845581_3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 20060328_845581_1.jpg
    20060328_845581_1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 238
...JuAnItA... said:
Yeah! The gala dress is really old!! Queen Sonja could choose another! :rolleyes:

...and not very flattering ...:eek: :cool:

Wow elder people see very happy royal couple Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway visit in London!!!! King Harald and Queen Sonja is much love in London and King Haralds grandmother Queen Maud have visit in London.!!! It is more more now photos on King Harald and Queen Sonja in London 2006!!!Queen Sonja is much more beautiful dress and his older!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom