King Constantine (1940 - 2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think King Constantine has good views. When he decided to bury himself in that place, he and his wife made the decision about the exact site... then it was a beautiful forest where you couldn't hardly see those mountains because of the trees. He chose that point because it was one of the few places from where he could see the sea, it was because the trees prevented him from seeing it.
The king wanted to be buried in a forest, as Tatoi was, surrounded by trees that prevented seeing the sea, but from this point , he could see it. The cemetery is today, a desert
I have seen today on the tv Skai channel that tomorrow they will place the tombstone with the inscription, I imagine that the family has to supervise that it is correct before placing it.

In the tomb of King Constantine there is a bouquet of flowers, it is white and red roses, yesterday, Prince Philippos visited his father's grave, placing this bouquet of flowers in memory of King Constantine. Later, he returned to Athens to have dinner with his mother and brothers.A nice gesture, he had just arrived in Athens.

https://www.thetoc.gr/Content/Image...84949dcb58d944d7068b90a.jpg?v=1&maxwidth=650&

Last edited:
According to photos at www.gossip-tv.gr Pavlos and MC are holding hands and four of the children are there. Only Achileas is missing.
So so far we can give the all-clear.

Last edited:
The photos that grossip tv publishes are not current, I think the photos are of January 17.
This is the photo that grossip tv published of Pavlos, MC, Olympia, as current:

https://imggossip.bbend.net/img/600...tal-paidia-(18).webp?t=mJS8zsLzQUgjgo3gDnN68A

However, this other photo is from January 17, when they went out to have a coffee with Queen Anne-Marie, it is the same photo.

https://scdn.star.gr/images/articles/660/202302/63dbe980b9d96.jpg

The photo of Pavlo's three children, I can't find it now, but it's also from January, because I remember that photo

I do not want with this to rule out the presence of some grandchildren of King Constantine in the cathedral tomorrow. It would be nice to see them. But the previous photos are not current, because the photo that I have published like 17 of january, coincides with the one that claims to be current , 16/2, even in the green color of the bottle cap that MC carries in her bag.(it would be too much of a coincidence .....)

I would like them to attend, but at the moment I have not seen current photos of them in Athens, the published photos are from January.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the kids could attend since it is a Saturday, they can do whatever they do during the week and fly in the evening on Friday, go back home on Sunday evening after spending time with their grandmother.

It is actually in Greece 11.30. The ceremony should now taking place.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

More pics of the family arrival
Instagram page Andreas Megos.

Queen Sofia, her daughters and Princess Irini are there.
Carlos Morales and their kids as well as 2 of Pavlos sons seem missing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CozJcleIUWP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

An article from News.it including a short video

https://www.newsit.gr/ellada/mnimos...okrotountai-kai-xairetoun-to-plithos/3709959/

Is anyone from the Danish Royal Family present?

Are the ones next to Elena and Christina the Radziwills?

The Daily Mail has never had a reputation for getting the facts right but they have outdone themselves with gusto on this Trisagion story:

Christ did not rise from the dead after 40 days.:cool:

The late king did not lose his throne and become exiled from Greece during WWII.:lol:

On a positive note, I am not sure if Theodora will be able to marry this summer as planned but I hope it will be before the end of the year. Her fiance seems devoted to her.

Last edited:
I am curious to see the tombstone of King Constantine, yesterday I have seen a video of some people who had entered the cemetery to record the tomb but the police kicked them out of the estate because it was not allowed to enter. They said that the tombstone was not yet placed. I know that the inscription will be, Constantine, King of the Hellenes, the date and place of his birth and death... but I wonder If he wished that in his grave there would be a phrase for eternity,

I am curious to see the tombstone of King Constantine, yesterday I have seen a video of some people who had entered the cemetery to record the tomb but the police kicked them out of the estate because it was not allowed to enter. They said that the tombstone was not yet placed. I know that the inscription will be, Constantine, King of the Hellenes, the date and place of his birth and death... but I wonder If he wished that in his grave there would be a phrase for eternity,
According to Andreas Megos there will be an inscription with King Constantine's name, dates of birth and death and a quote from the Bible.

:previous:Andreas Megos's photos are not current, it are photos published in the Greek press on Friday, specifically the photo he has published is from SKAI, this medium has been following the works on Tatoi.
There is no current photo of the tombstone, because access to the cemetery was closed yesterday, and it will remain closed until tomorrow, it is also prohibited for drones to fly over the cemetery. The Greek press publishes today the inscription that it is obvious that it will have, Constantine, King of the Hellenes... but the truth is that only the marble workers who have made the inscription know what the tombstone says exactly. The surprise would be that it was not Constantine, king of the Hellenes, date and place of birth and death. We will have to wait for the press to access the cemetery and publish the photo, if the tombstone is really placed.

New photos show that the tombstone is inscribed with:
"Constantine II
King of the Hellenes
Prince of Denmark (in Danish)
Born in Athens 2 June 1940 - Died in Athens 10 January 2023
Olympic Champion
God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." (1 John 4:16)

Something inside me said that the tomb of King Constantine had to have something written besides his name and titles... Olympian, I hadn't thought about it, but it's true, he was always proud of it, even in the last years of his life, he always wore the Olympic jacket, because on the pocket he had the Olympic rings engraved. And a pin with the olympic rings.
The press could not wait ....Once the family has left the place they immediately galloped to take the photo of the tombstone

New photos show that the tombstone is inscribed with:
"Constantine II
King of the Hellenes
Prince of Denmark (in Danish)
Born in Athens 2 June 1940 - Died in Athens 10 January 2023
Olympic Champion
God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." (1 John 4:16)

Perfectly elegant. It covers pretty much everything.

Now I hope the royal family finds some agreement with the State regarding the upkeep of the royal cemetery.

Now I hope the royal family finds some agreement with the State regarding the upkeep of the royal cemetery.
If only. Hopefully, the family will get to maintain it and the government won’t try to slight them.

I have read that Prince Pavlos had communicated to the Minister of Culture his desire to take charge of the maintenance of the cemetery, respecting state property. But, politics is politics.
I saw the Tatoi cemetery years ago, it was abandoned, but it had great charm, the graves blended into the forest, the trees had grown wild and you had to look for the graves among the trees. It was neglected but it had its charm. However, after the fire, and when I have seen the images prior to the burial of King Constantine recorded with a drone, it is devastating for me, I have not found words to describe it, very sad, a desert of land... ..I believe that the government should reach an agreement with the family, it would also be profitable for the state..

The Daily Mail has never had a reputation for getting the facts right but they have outdone themselves with gusto on this Trisagion story:

Christ did not rise from the dead after 40 days.:cool:

The late king did not lose his throne and become exiled from Greece during WWII.:lol:
Literally, heaven´s sake...! This shows once more in what atheistic times we are living in.:ermm::ohmy: And exiled since WW2?! Logic might have told them, this could possibly not be the truth - I mean, how old do they think the late King has become...?!:whistling:

It's interesting that King Constantine's inscription says "Prins af Danmark," while his father's (and their predecessors') all say "Prinds til Danmark."

Constantine and his father both lost their Danish succession rights in 1953, which Constantine's inscription reflects (using "af" instead of "til"), while his father's does not.

Any idea why he's a "prins," but the others are "prinds?" (Maybe Constantine's Danish wife pointed out that's not how you spell prince in Danish?)

Here's a link where you can see the other graves: https://www.unofficialroyalty.com/royal-burial-sites/greek-royal-burial-sites/

Back
Top Bottom