King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more from facetoface :

Attachments

• 00921188.jpg
    00921188.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 00921189.jpg
    00921189.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 00921190.jpg
    00921190.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 00921187.jpg
    00921187.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 00921208.jpg
    00921208.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 00921209.jpg
    00921209.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 00921214.jpg
    00921214.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 00921215.jpg
    00921215.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures!! I really like Victoria's hairstyle and Madeleine looks beautiful. Like her dress.

Very nice portrait, I quite like it

Madeleine already looks like a ginger-bread woman and its not even May:p But very nice dress she has on

Victoria and Silvia recyceling today is ok but tomorrow and sunday we better see something new

A very nice portrait of the King and it is so nice to see new pictures of the whole family together.

Thank you Jess for posting all of the pictures from today's activities. It's so wonderful to see the whole Royal Family gathered again, although I hope to see Princess Lilian soon as well, I guess it might be a bit too much for her to attend all of the events this weekend.

Princess Madeleine's outfit is great, she looks very beautiful in it. In some pictures she looks very tanned, but in others not very tanned at all, so I think the light is spooking a bit. Crown Princess Victoria looked fantastic during both of the events, that blue colour really fits her, and she looks happy and harmonious. The King loves to be celebrated, so he did indeed seem to enjoy his birthday reception for organisations etc - quite impressive to see His Majesty pictured with three members of the Wallenberg family in one picture! Nice to see a new portrait also, it caputures the King nicely.

I wonder if the King of Sweden will give Maxima and Mary the order of the Plar Star as they should be the only member of a reigening family invited without a swedish order. If I remember correctly King Harald has given orders on some special day in the past to other royals (ie not state visit). They surly wont get the Seraphim as Mathilde and Mette-Marit has gotten the Order of the Polar Star. I think all the heirs comming already have the Seraphim (not sure about Willem ALexander)?

Any news on online coverage of any of the events?

Last edited:
Thank you so much, purple_platinum, for posting the pictures of today's activities.
I agree with all of you that it is great to see the whole family together again. Victoria looks great as always. I love her hairdo. Although I don't like that blue skirt I must admit that the colour suits her very well.
I am glad to see the Queen wearing colourful clothes again. After the tragic death of her beloved brother she was - of course - not in the mood for colours and wore black as a sign for her sadness.
Hope we will see much more pictures this weekend!

Finally! New photos of the siblings! They look happy :)

Yes Madeleine looks very tanned, but she was in Brazil just a few weeks aago and I´m sure she worked on her tan then :) Not sure about her dress... not a hit if you ask me... And doesnt it look like she gained wheight?
oh boy, that was alot of opinions lol

A question; why did Victoria change her dress? The other ones has the same outfits on...? Or is it just me :p edit; just noticed that it was just Madeleine who didn´t change... wonder why...?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2006
Stockholm, SWEDEN
KING CARL XVI GUSTAF and QUEEN SILVIA of Sweden during a press conference at the royal palace. The king, born April 30, 1946 celebrates his 60th birthday on Sunday.
more from cover :

Watermark free pictures from the birthday reception at the Royal Palace this morning, all pictures are from Scanpix by Expressen (in one of the pics one can see the Italian bust of the King that he received).

Attachments

• Expressen12.jpg
    Expressen12.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Expressen2.jpg
    Expressen2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Expressen13.jpg
    Expressen13.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Expressen10.jpg
    Expressen10.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 390
  • Expressen1.jpg
    Expressen1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 330
  • Expressen3.jpg
    Expressen3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Expressen4.jpg
    Expressen4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Expressen5.jpg
    Expressen5.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 383
  • Expressen6.jpg
    Expressen6.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Expressen7.jpg
    Expressen7.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 256
Some of King Carl XVI Gustaf’s birthday gifts during the first birthday reception for organisations etc at the Royal Palace of Stockholm

- From the people of Sweden, via the Parliament and Government, delivered by the Prime Minister and Speaker of the Parliament – a portrait of the King by Olle Hamngren. The portrait will be included in The Swedish National Portrait Collection, and hung at Gripsholm Castle.

- From the County Governors of Sweden - a conference on water quality (one of the King’s interest areas) for 2007 in Kalmar County

- From the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, delivered by H.E. The Ambassador of Russia to Sweden - a personal greeting

- From the Swedish Police and Security Police (Säpo) – a GPS (Princess Madeleine’s comment on the gift was: “Mother, it will take your job as a map reader now”)

- From Sveaskog (Sweden’s largest forest owner, state owned), an excursion/field trip in the landscape/province of Småland, a book about the cultural heritage of the forests, a contribution to the King’s fund Young Leadership

- From the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, a seminar about the future of the Defence

- From The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, a symposium connected to the Baltic Sea

- From The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, a seminar about the “environment friendly” cars of the future

- From The Swedish Local Heritage Federation, cheesecake and strawberry jam from Småland

- From the companies Atlas Copco, Electrolux, Ericsson, SCA, Skanska, SSAB and Volvo, a marble bust of the King made by Italian artist Giovanni Poletti

- From the Swedish Academy of Gastronomy, a 34 year old book with recipies from the royal houses of the world

The last two of the watermark free pictures from the birthday reception at the Royal Palace this morning, from Scanpix by Expressen.

Attachments

• Expressen8.jpg
    Expressen8.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 273
  • Expressen9.jpg
    Expressen9.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 307
Yennie said:
Finally! New photos of the siblings! They look happy :)

Yes Madeleine looks very tanned, but she was in Brazil just a few weeks aago and I´m sure she worked on her tan then :) Not sure about her dress... not a hit if you ask me... And doesnt it look like she gained wheight?
oh boy, that was alot of opinions lol

Yes, she definetly gained weight. I think that CP Victoria looks slimmer than her sister at those pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Queen's outfit and the princesss' outifts. Princess Madeleine hair has grown a lot since we last saw her. Both princesss' look tanned and healthy.

The ladies are looking great, but I just think Victoria looks gorgeous! Really nice this hairstyle.

Anyway, I read here that ZDF will broadcast something, but the post didn't say what day and time (or what event) Does anybody know? Does any other german channel show the event (ARD perhaps)?

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Anyway, I read here that ZDF will broadcast something, but the post didn't say what day and time (or what event) Does anybody know? Does any other german channel show the event (ARD perhaps)?

Yes, there will be something on ARD on Sunday, 15.30 p.m
And ZDF shows a concert for the king at 11 a.m.

Last edited:
Madeleine looks lovely. I really think the lighting is doing something weird because in some pictures she looks really tan and in others she looks pretty much normal. I think she has gained weight but I don't care. Her outfit was okay, not her best, not her worst. It's just great to see her back happy and healthy. Victoria and Carl Philip look great as usual. Why did Victoria and Queen Siliva change but not Madeleine?

The King looks really happy! :)

Larzen said:
I wonder if the King of Sweden will give Maxima and Mary the order of the Plar Star as they should be the only member of a reigening family invited without a swedish order. If I remember correctly King Harald has given orders on some special day in the past to other royals (ie not state visit). They surly wont get the Seraphim as Mathilde and Mette-Marit has gotten the Order of the Polar Star. I think all the heirs comming already have the Seraphim (not sure about Willem ALexander)?

Is the Seraphim a higher order and that's what only heirs to the throne receive? Do "new" royal persons always receive an order from a sovereign country's head of state when they visit for the first time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting that they sent Sophie & Edward to Monaco for Prince Albert's enthronement celebrations, but not to Sweden for the King's celebrations.

I wonder when the royals will arrive... maybe not until Sunday for the gala.

rchat said:
Is the Seraphim a higher order and that's what only heirs to the throne receive? Do "new" royal persons always receive an order from a sovereign country's head of state when they visit for the first time?

HRH the Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth received the Order of St Olav off HM the King Harald during the Bi-Centenial visit to Denmark last year.

"MII"

Last edited:
This suit with the stripes on Madeleine is not her best showing... I don;t believe she gained a whole lot of weight, but this suit does not photograph well.

Loving Vic's Hair

This has been mentioned a couple of times but I have to say CP Victoria's hair looks awesome! It is nice to see her do something else than just putting it up into a ponytail.

Madeleines tan is begining to scare me. She's starting to look red instead of tanned, hopefully it's just the lighting and also I loved her comment about the GPS.

Is it just me or are CP Victoria and P Madeleine's shoes they same? They all look so happy it's nice to see that.

Last edited:
lise said:
Madeleines tan is begining to scare me. She's starting to look red instead of tanned, hopefully it's just the lighting and also I loved her comment about the GPS.

What did she say? :)

Are the other Royal Families attending the celebrations, or are they alsoBUSY like the Windsors?:rolleyes ;)

Happy Birthday Your Majesty!!!! The Family looks wonderful and happy Both Victoria and Madeleine look so Pretty they deffinately get their looks from there Mother :)

The "Tan": It must be the lightning or the flashes. If you look at all the pics - for example the one where Silvia takes something out of a box in purple's first pictures post on p.6 - you see that sometimes everyone the men included have red faces and sometimes white ones. :rolleyes:

The clothes: Agree they look good. Madeleine wasn't the only one who didn't change. Her big brother didn't neither. ;)

The GPS comment: It's also on p.6 post 120: "Mom, it will take your job as a map reader now." :D

The Seraphim: In 1995 the system was changed and now only head of states and future head of states get the Seraphim. So if Maxima and Mary get an order at all it's going to be the Polar Star.

German TV broadcast

Marengo said:
Hi Marengo,
German television channel ZDF will broadcast live tomorrow. From 11.03 a.m. on to 13.40. And on ARD there will be a one hour docu about Carl Gustaf beginning at 15.30.
Hope that helps you!

Back
Top Bottom