Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Images from facetoface

Attachments

• 00940394.jpg
    00940394.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 00940398.jpg
    00940398.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 00940395.jpg
    00940395.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 00940396.jpg
    00940396.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 00940397.jpg
    00940397.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 219
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 00940400.jpg
    00940400.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 00940401.jpg
    00940401.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 00940402.jpg
    00940402.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 00940405.jpg
    00940405.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
More from facetoface

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Fanletizia, thanks for posting the nice pictures from yesterday.

Near which town/city in Sörmland is the Stenhammar-farm?

All but the first picture, which is from Aftonbladet, comes from Eskilstuna Kuriren.

This past Monday, 15 May, the Royal Couple and Crown Princess attended the Stenhammar Day at the Stenhammar Palace and Estate in Södermanland County.

A big gathering of people, including many speakers and distinguished guests, gathered to celebrate the start of the cooperation between the King as a farmer and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences that has recently commenced.

At Stenhammar, the King, Queen and Crown Princess took the time to greet their new family members, the cow Désirée (named after the King's sister), and the calf Karl-Johan (named after the King's uncle), which were birthday presents to the King from the staff of the Royal Court. The King also met with another cow, Aster of Ultuna, which is a gift from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.

The day consisted of lectures from knowledgeable persons from many areas, lunch in the new barn, and a joint excursion on the estate. The King started the day by sharing his own personal experiences of taking over the estate after Prince Wilhelm 40 years ago now.

The Stenhammar Day will be a returning event in the future, it will be a forum were theoretics will meet practitioners, and students from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences will conduct special works and essays on and about the estate.

The King has decided to invest a lot of money in his farm, and hopes to make it go around without any losses in a few years time. The estate consists of around 150 buildings, the new stables that are built will have room for 420 animals, and in a few years time Stenhammar hopes to have a highly productive range of cattle, and their meet will be organic. Five breeding bulls will be purchased, the first one, Jazz, the most expensive simmentaler animal ever sold in Sweden, purchased for 108 000 SEK.

The King's new developments of his farm costs a lot of money. Estimated figures mentioned in the press are around 16-18 million SEK, and the business newspaper Dagens Industri says that the King, just like any other farmer, has been given bank loans for part of the investments.

The lunch was set up in the barn. The dessert cake was shaped like a cow, so suit the occasion. Pictures from Eskilstuna Kuriren.

Well I can't believe I missed this but Carl Gustaf was actually in my office building in New York last week.

He and Silvia were attending the Volvo Challenge; a sailing competition that races the globe. Our Winter Garden is a nice open space with views of the Hudson river and last Thursday I could tell that the caterers were setting up a special event. Small tables decked with purple and gold and the best china were placed around the room. I had to leave but today I found out from a co-worker that Carl Gustaf and Silvia were both there. I guess Madeleine is in New York and she joined them.

Here are some pics of the event - alas none from my camera but a couple from gettyimages.

Attachments

• cgs1.jpg
    cgs1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 198
  • cgsm1.jpg
    cgsm1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 230
fanletizia said:
Queen Silvia of Sweden poses during the opening of an exibition of dresses she has worn during ing the Nobel festivitives between the years 1976 to 2005, marking her 30 years on the throne, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Thursday May 18, 2006

from polfoto

Wonderful dresses. It must be nice indeed for the queen to have several times a year the possibility to wear such beautiful clothes. I can imagine it is even sometimes hard to know that there a quite some people (especially in the media) who call it "recycling" when she wears the dresses more then once or twice. For me it shows that the queen (and the other Royals who do it, too) enjoys being able to wear a special dress.

My bridal dress was from Lanvin, Paris. I still have it but I never wore it again and am quite sad about that...

Has the Queen worn any of the dresses more than once? I don't think so, but I can't remember for sure.

Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria pose during the opening of an exibition of dresses she has worn during ing the Nobel festivitives between the years 1976 to 2005, marking her 30 years on the throne, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Thursday May 18, 2006

from facetoface and polfoto

Attachments

• 00944486.jpg
    00944486.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Queen Silvia and Princess Victoria pose during the opening of an exibition of dresses she has worn during ing the Nobel festivitives between the years 1976 to 2005, marking her 30 years on the throne, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Thursday May 18, 2006

from facetoface and polfoto

I hope we'll get to see more pictures of this exhibit. I think it would be a very impressive and grand exhibit. The Queen hasn't always made stellar fashion choices for the Nobel awards, but there have been many beautiful dresses. Are there pictures of the Queen in the gowns and fully decked out accompanying the gowns or is it just the gowns?

Does anyone plan on going to see this exhibit?

I would love to go, I'll be in Stockholm in July.. when stops the exposition

Genevieve said:
I hope we'll get to see more pictures of this exhibit. I think it would be a very impressive and grand exhibit. The Queen hasn't always made stellar fashion choices for the Nobel awards, but there have been many beautiful dresses. Are there pictures of the Queen in the gowns and fully decked out accompanying the gowns or is it just the gowns?

Does anyone plan on going to see this exhibit?
I think there are photos of her wearing the gowns, taken by photograper Charles Hammarsten. But I dont think they are new...

STOCKHOLM 2006-05-18.
Queen Silvia of Sweden, accompanied by Princess Lilian and Crown Princess Victoria, today launched the exhibition "Our Queen - party and everyday life" (in Swedish: Vår Drottning - fest och vardag).

from brunopress

Thank you for the pictures, purple_platinum and thank you, Yennie, for the link.
Oh, how I wish I could be there and see the exhibition with those beautiful dresses! But I can't... :(

is there a thread were we can see pics of Queen Silvia, wearing these dresses??

Thank´s for the wonderful pictures of the exhibition - love it! I´m going to see it this summer, I usually make one visit at the Royal Palace every year and i definatly will do that this year.

Thanks so much Yennie for providing the link!
Does anyboy know if there's a catalogue that douments this exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses?
If so, I'd love to order it as I don't see a chance for me to get to Stockholm before the exhibition closes... Thanks in advance for any info!

In answer to Post # 66: It's hard to believe, but the skirt Queen Silvia wore to the May 12th Gala really seems to be the same she wore with a new same-colored ruffled top for the King's 60th birthday... As ursulajohanna pointed out, it's more than 20 years old so I hope we're wrong, but it sure looks the same to me!
Ursulajohanna is also right regarding the white lace dress the Queen wore at the Winter Garden in NY, first seen on her official 50th birthday pics in 1993.
I also have the impression that CP Victoria's dress for her father's birthday celebration is the same one she wore for the last Nobel, with just the top modified... and there has been enough comment on Madeleines not-so-remarkable recycled dress on that occasion.
Recently, the Swedish Royals have really been quite frugal and taken the concept of recycling dresses a bit too far, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently, the Swedish Royals have really been quite frugal and taken the concept of recycling dresses a bit too far, IMHO.
Yes, sometimes it seems so. I have just read in a online-magazine that Queen Silvia has never bought a new dress for the occasion of the nobel-price but instead always wore a dress which she had worn for an official reason once or twice before. I don't really understand that because I think that the nobel-ceremony is an official reason for the Royal Family? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that it isnt just the Nobel dresses, but also Silvias wedding dress, Silvia and the rest of the family´s outfits for Madeleine´s christening, shoes and purses are also in the exhibition.

Perhaps a trip to Stockholm this summer will be necessary :)

Seems like a great exhibition to me. I would almost give myself a trip to Stockholm this summer. It would be wonderful to see all these great dresses! :)

found more picture from Zuma..

May 18, 2006
Queen Silvia opened the exhibition 'Our Queen' in the Royal Palace. Her dresses from 30 years since she became the swedish queen were displayed in Stockholm

A catalogue has been published to document the 'Queen Silvia' exhibition, featuring her Nobel dresses, part of the Bernadotte jewelry collection, her wedding dress, even daytime clothing - in fact, there are many more items on display than announced by the (ever-unreliable) Swedish Court website.
Has anybody seen this catalogue yet? I'd really like to know about its quality (regarding both contents and photographs) as I would go ahead & try to purchase it.
Thanks in advance for any info! :)

Siliva and Lilian both look great! I love that shade on Lilian, it's so vibrant! Victoria looks good but that outfit again? *sigh*....

Beautiful photos, Jess. I am a fan of this queen and enjoy the retrospective.

Thanks a lot purple platinum for posting these grest pics! Amazing dresses indeed, and most of them of timeless elegance too. Very few fashion mistakes over three decades, I'd say.
I'm glad that Princess Lilian, though looking rather fragile these days, still hasn't lost her bizarre sense of humor - just take a look at her bag!
Queen Silvia's (new!) outfit is great too; the Swedish female Royals seem to develop a liking for daring shoes these days...
Again, has anyone seen the exhibition's catalogue yet and could post some info about it here? Thanks in advance -

Yesterday I visited the royal palace and saw the exhibition of the queens dresses and i must say it was fabulous! I have seen all of these dresses on pictures many times and didn´t care much for some of them, but when i saw them live they where truly amazing. Not to mention the ones i liked already on the photos, they where even more spectacular. And ofcourse the wedding dress was amazing. I strongly recomend anyone who has the chance to go see it. And in the treasary they displayed a few of the jewels worn at the Nobel Prize award cermonies. The Leuchtenberg sapphire parure, the pink topaz necklace,earrings and broches, and some other grand necklaces and broches - all great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom