HGD Guillaume, HGD Stéphanie and Family, General News, Part 1: June 2020 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. Unless there is something we are unaware of ..perhaps Stephanie has not recovered sufficiently...it's very unusual for the Luxembourg RF.

I sincerely hope the delay isn't due to something like Stephanie's recovery. 3 months seems to be a long time... ouch

Maybe the HGD couple or GDF still hopes for a moderately-sized baptism instead of a severely downsized baptism. Anyway, I'm optimistic the GDF will announce something for the fall.

Hello

Please can anyone answer a few questions for me?

On YouTube there are plenty of video clips/docs on various royal families.

However, whenever I want to look at royal engagements for Stephanie and G; you only get photos with music background noise which has no relevance whatsoever.

Are there no videos from TV showing their public engagements? Even their Civil marriage is only 2 minutes? Even less of the new baby apart from still photos posted by members of the public? Are there no professional live recordings?

These are very unusual times but I'm sure there's a valid reason for the delay in the baptism of the infant Prince.

I agree. Unless there is something we are unaware of ..perhaps Stephanie has not recovered sufficiently...it's very unusual for the Luxembourg RF.

Prince Liam of Nassau was baptized at 5 months and Zeno Willms was baptized at 3 months of age. I think these two were the most recent baptisms in the closer family.

(..)
the baptism should be a big thing because he'll be the heir one day
and as a small country they try to make it a big thing, you know in the world of banking&business it's all about networking and they cannot offer too many events as a small court, covid ruins their plans i sadly see. for a rc baby 6 months is a border normally not crossed by families.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why they can't have a small, private baptism. It is far more reasonable than leaving the baby un-christened for so long.

As long as they publish photos, videos and the names of the groomsmen, that's fine by me. But I think that Casa Grão-Ducal would not make a private christening for the heir's son.
But I think that soon Casa Grão-Ducal will announce the date of the baptism.

(..)
the baptism should be a big thing because he'll be the heir one day
and as a small country they try to make it a big thing, you know in the world of banking&business it's all about networking and they cannot offer too many events as a small court, covid ruins their plans i sadly see. for a rc baby 6 months is a border normally not crossed by families.

The only other Royal baptism I can remember that was delayed was Princess Isabelle, daughter of Prince Charles-Philippe and Diana Duchess of Cadaval. She was at least 6 months old at her christening.

Stephanie has an enormous family of 7 siblings. She might want them present at the event and coordinating everyone's schedule could also be one of the challenges that is holding things up as well.

Hello

Please can anyone answer a few questions for me?

On YouTube there are plenty of video clips/docs on various royal families.

However, whenever I want to look at royal engagements for Stephanie and G; you only get photos with music background noise which has no relevance whatsoever.

Are there no videos from TV showing their public engagements? Even their Civil marriage is only 2 minutes? Even less of the new baby apart from still photos posted by members of the public? Are there no professional live recordings?
The Cour and Luxembourg media do not provide much live coverage or videos of the family's regular activities. Photos are the main content. Octave and National Day have some live coverage. There was an RTL documentary about the GDF a few years ago but I can't find it anymore.

The Cour's Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/user86229429

They can have a nice baptism with the maximum number of people present be it 20 or 30.
They can either livestream it or release video and pictures of the special day.

No reason to delay it!

And no need to rush it either. These aren't the days where babies were likely to die before their first birthday. If Charles suddenly gets ill and they fear he may die, they can have him baptized then.

Its not a simple matter when you have family who doesn't all live in one area. Not just her family, but some of his as well. There are family members they will want to actually have there in person and have to be concerned about.

The Lux baptisms aren't the huge production some of the royal baptisms are. Will be pretty private either way, with photos and such released to the public.

Thank you for answering my question re the videos etc.

But, it is very strange; in that you can see the Civil Wedding ceremony on YouTube of Felix and Claire - 20 minutes.

But you are not able to see the Civil Wedding ceremony of Stephanie and Guillaume, which I really wanted to see. - 2 minutes. Don't understand why?

27th September, baby Charles will be 5 months old. Do hope we get new pictures at the end of the month.

Hopefully Prince Charles will have his baptism before Christmas Day.

On the occasion of the birth of Prince Charles, the Monetary Institute will issue the same 2 euro commemorative coin in 2 versions!
The princely birth is also the occasion of the minting of a 25 euro silver coin as well as a 100 euro GOLD coin.

https://www.monnaie-magazine.com/2-euros-naissance-princiere-luxembourg-2020/

HGD Guillaume , HGD Stephanie and Prince Charles went to Bazaar organized by Luxembourg Red Cross on 21 November

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=f45105563e846e538a93f927443fc8a0&oe=5FE28323
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=c1b9437789c592eaed40447f73ea5db5&oe=5FE05A9D
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=f968e702ee075414fabe22f9361dcedd&oe=5FE340D0

What a joy to see them and little Charles....

I just want to squeeze Charles's chubby little cheeks! He's a munchkin. ?

:previous: Yes, to all the above. When I saw Guillaume and Stephanie at the bazaar I was thrilled to see they had brought little Prince Charles along. One does want to do a chubby cheek squeeze on this little sweetie pie! Again, the HGD couple look so happy!!

It is very pleasant to have another sweet picture of Prince Charles. ☀️☀️

Glad to see Guillaume holding him. They did interview a couple of months ago where he didn’t really interact with him. I couldn’t work out if it was because he didn’t want to cause any issues for the interview or something. I was willing him to take hold of his hand and I think baby Charles wanted to go to him too,

charles is adorable. no wonder G&S are over the moon! they look so happy in all the pictures after he was born.

Wonderful family photo! :wub:

I hope someone will share a summary from the Point de Vue interview.
Glad to see Guillaume holding him. They did interview a couple of months ago where he didn’t really interact with him. I couldn’t work out if it was because he didn’t want to cause any issues for the interview or something. I was willing him to take hold of his hand and I think baby Charles wanted to go to him too,
Guillaume has held him at other events. I assumed passing the baby back and forth during an interview could be distracting although the footage could have been edited. I would have liked to hear more from Stephanie or the interviewer ask her some questions but the interview appeared focused on Guillaume. Oh well.

Oh my goodness, more dreaminess :wub: Great holiday photo of the HGD family. I don't think the article will be published until tomorrow.

:previous: So you've already opined on a previous occasion.

But most of us disagree with you.

There are some ugly babies. I was one. This child is so far from that it’s not funny.

He's chubby little cheeks slay me...he's often smiling but not in this photo. And his hair is growing in dark blonde, like his mother's.

I think most of the Royal children are beautiful and/or cute. A handful are not, imo.Even so....the idea of denigrating a baby's looks on TRF is as unacceptable and rude as picking apart an adult.

Even more, in fact.:ermm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom