Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mirrjam said:
I read somewhere maxima is about, 1.75 m ... I think that is correct.. don't you?!

im american! please clear the height and europe height

sara1981 said:
im american! please clear the height and europe height
Here it is Sara: Maxima is about 5'7"

Last edited:
mirrjam said:
I read somewhere maxima is about, 1.75 m ... I think that is correct.. don't you?!

If WA is 1.93 indeed I do not think that is correct, they do not seem to differ that much in height.
The Queen and her sisters are all small, around 1.65 I would guess.

well, maxima wears often high heels, if you watch the photshoot of 17 july.. she is wearing flat shoes, you see a big difference...

I think princess Marilene is tall , like 1.75-1.77 cm

For Laurentien I would say 1.72 cm

marilene is even a bit taller than 1.77, she is like 1.80

I thought queen rania was much taller than 1.65cm. I am 1.68cm tall and I thought she was at least 3 inches taller than me!!!

You know how male movie stars always make out they are taller than they really are - well, do you think royals do too???

I mean we all know that the royal CV's are pumped up a bit to make them sound better - do you think heights are pumped up a bit too?????????????:eek:

I agree. I have met Queen Elizabeth and she is smaller than 5'4"!!!!

Saw Diana once at a function and she really was tall and graceful like a gazelle. She made Charles look small and dumpy!!!

so guys, which Royal family is the tallest? and which is the shortest?

crisiñaki said:
so guys, which Royal family is the tallest? and which is the shortest?

i think it's save to say, in terms or royal family, the Spanish are the tallest... :D they sometime looks giants when compared to other royals... :) but i envy those heights... :eek: :eek:

and from what it looks like, Japanese RF probably the shortest..

truth said:
IMO Carl Philip looks much smaller.

you are right, he is much smaller. 1.72 comes more to the direction I would guess.

purple_platinum said:
i think it's save to say, in terms or royal family, the Spanish are the tallest... :D they sometime looks giants when compared to other royals... :) but i envy those heights... :eek: :eek:

and from what it looks like, Japanese RF probably the shortest..
And the Danish royal family... like Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim.... but the Spanish are, probably, the tallest...

I just read that on some other Royal Websites that the late Queen Mum and Princess Margaret were 5 ft 2 tall, its true but it was said that Princess Alexandra of Kent is 6 ft tall, its unbelivable because Princess Alexandra doesn't look that tall, and even taller than Prince Charles, and Princess Diana...:eek:

the funniest thing is that the royal heights sometimes seem to be the complete opposite of the average height in their countries, let's take two examples: Sweden, they are usually very tall, but their royal family is about 1.72, while the Spanish Royals are extremely tall for a latin country (1.60 for women and 1.70 for men), their women are 1.74 at least and let's look at Felipe, even the in-laws are tall!!!

Prince Felipe's Height

I think I put this is in the wrong forum! Sorry about that!

Hello All! I am posting for the first time, so you will have to forgive me if this has already been discussed. I noticed that Prince Felipe seems very tall in many of his pictures, or perhaps it could be that Princess Letizia is short, LOL! I'm not sure! Does anyone know how tall he is? Thank you!

By the way, my name is Emily and I am an 18 year old from America who is very interested in European Royalty, and a litte confused too! I am trying to firgure out who belongs to which family and how some of them are related. I am actually going to Europe this summer, but not to any countries with royalty. Mainly Germany, but also the Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Austria.

Emily :)

P.S. I am mainly interested in the UK's Royalty, but I would like to learn more about the other Royals. I think that Prince Felipe and Pince Frederik are both very handsome men!

RoyalEnquirer said:
I think I put this is in the wrong forum! Sorry about that!

Hello All! I am posting for the first time, so you will have to forgive me if this has already been discussed. I noticed that Prince Felipe seems very tall in many of his pictures, or perhaps it could be that Princess Letizia is short, LOL! I'm not sure! Does anyone know how tall he is? Thank you!

By the way, my name is Emily and I am an 18 year old from America who is very interested in European Royalty, and a litte confused too! I am trying to firgure out who belongs to which family and how some of them are related. I am actually going to Europe this summer, but not to any countries with royalty. Mainly Germany, but also the Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Austria.

Emily :)

P.S. I am mainly interested in the UK's Royalty, but I would like to learn more about the other Royals. I think that Prince Felipe and Pince Frederik are both very handsome men!

Hello Emily, welkome to this forum, and hope that you had happy Christmas or Hanuka holidays.

As about Prince Felipe, he is really very tall, 1.97 cm (sorry I do not know in inches). Having Prince Felipe as a base indication, I can say that both the Spain Infanta's husbands are 1,96 also and Prince Nikolaos of Greece also, as In Pavlos wedding, Felipe and Nicolaos were exactly the same.
http://tinypic.com/j82m8l.jpg
j82m8l.jpg

Source : official site ofthe Spanish royal family. www.casareal.es

Infanta Christina is also very tall as she approaches her husband with heels.
Once I've meet Queen Sofia, i'm 1,62, i was wearing high heels (8cm), she was wearing shorter heels and she was MUCH TALLER than me, IMO minimum 1,70.
Letizia is not very very short, she should be around 1,68, but of course near the almost 2meters Felipe.... she look short. As it was correctly said to this forum, the only woman looking normal near Felipe was Eva Sannum, being 1,85 tall, and in Prince Haakon's wedding she was wearing high heels, so she was quite the same height than Felipe.
http://tinypic.com/j82kok.jpg
j82kok.jpg

Source: www.elmundo.es

Ciao

Last edited:
This question might have already been answered but I didn't manage to find it. Can anyone tell me the height of HRH Princess Letizia of Spain?
Thanks a lot!
Diana

I found all this heights:
-Princess Margaret 5'1'' (1.55m)
-Queen Mother Elizabeth 5'22'' (1.57m)
-Queen Elizabeth 5'44'' (1.63m)
-Prince Philipp 6'2'' (1.88m)
-Prince Charles 5'11'' (1.80m)
-Princess Diana 5'10'' (1'78m)
-Prince William 6'3'' (1.91m)
-Prince Henry 6'2'' (1.88m)
-Sarah Ferguson 5'88'' (1.73m)

-Prince Albert 6' (183cm)
-Princess Caroline 5' 7" (1.70 m)
-Princess Stephanie 5' 8" (1.73 m)

-Prince Felipe 1'97m
-Prince Letizia 1'68m
-Infanta Cristina 1'79m
-Infanta Elena 1'78m
-Queen Sofía 1'74m
-Jaime de Marichalar 1'98m
-Iñaki Urdangarín 1'97m
-King Juan Carlos ... I didn't found his height but I remember an article about Prince Felipe and they said that he was about 1'85m.

-King Carl Gustav 5' 10½" (1.79 m)
-Queen Silvia 5'7'' (1.70m)
-Crown Princess Victoria 5' 7¾" (1.72 m)
-Prince Carl Philip 5' 10¾" (1.80 m)
-Princess Madeleine 5' 7" (1.70 m)

Last edited:
Anybody know the height of Queen Sonja? :confused:

...JuAnItA... said:
And the Danish royal family... like Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim.... but the Spanish are, probably, the tallest...

I read that Margrethe have 180cm. Than I suppose that all princes are more than 180 cm.

Spanish: Juan Carlos more than 180 cm, Sofia - 173 cm, Felipe - 196 cm (the tallest), Letizia around 165 cm (shortest), infantas Cristina and Elena more than 170 (aren't they higher than Sofia?), Inaki and Jaime like the King more than 180 cm - maybe about 190 cm?

magnik said:
I read that Margrethe have 180cm. Than I suppose that all princes are more than 180 cm.

Spanish: Juan Carlos more than 180 cm, Sofia - 173 cm, Felipe - 196 cm (the tallest), Letizia around 165 cm (shortest), infantas Cristina and Elena more than 170 (aren't they higher than Sofia?), Inaki and Jaime like the King more than 180 cm - maybe about 190 cm?
I read that Prince Felipe is 198 cm, Iñaki is 197 cm and Jaime is 196... i'm not sure but they are VERY tall... but i think that Jaime is the tallest... but i'm not sure... :confused:

Can anybody tell me how tall is Queen Sonja???
I'm asking this for ages :p ... anybody knows???

...JuAnItA... said:
I read that Prince Felipe is 198 cm, Iñaki is 197 cm and Jaime is 196... i'm not sure but they are VERY tall... but i think that Jaime is the tallest... but i'm not sure... :confused:

Maybe SRF groups photos somehow could help? Or when F,J,I are together?
I'm sure that Felipe is the tallest of them but I coul be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom