Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something sick about certain people and outlets waiting to jam Diana into Kate and Meghan 's lives any way they can. I think it's enough to give her name to a daughter or her ring to Kate; but it's weird to think William looked at Kate hours after she had a 3rd baby and said "honor my dead mother by wearing this dress". Or Meghan turning to Harry and saying "give me your moms wedding dress so I can rip a part out and sew it into mine".

On another note I recently ran across a headline that said Harry officially asked William to be best man.

Yes it was confirmed a few days ago. William and Harry even joked about it at their event the other day.

KP posted a few tweets about it, like this

The surprise was that no mention was made of the rest of the wedding party.

Its possible that Meghan will do as Diana and Kate did and have a small blue bow sewn into the waistband of her wedding gown. Diana also had a gold horseshoe with diamonds sewn into the dress by the label for good luck.

And we can see how well that 'good luck' charm idea worked out for Diana! :sad:

I don't see any part of Diana's actual dress being used though. But then again, what do I know. Both William and Harry inherited that wedding dress.

I agree with someone else: some of this is a bit yucky. :sad:

This is Meghan's day, the bride's day. Not the deceased mother-in-law's day. Jiminies! :huh:

Last edited:
Meghan having diamonds from Diana in her ring seems a touch enough :flowers:

Now if she included something from her own mother (which seems common enough) that would be her choice. But don't know if we would see that either.

i am curious as to whether any reports have circulated as to who will attend the wedding from other RFs. is it likely there will be several foreign royals, or just a handful of minor royals?

There are no invitations going out to foreign royals or heads of state at all. If there is any royal at the wedding, it will be because of a close, personal friendship with the couple. Only one I can think of is Prince Seeiso and his wife from Lesotho. Possibly some of the Greek royals attending as family. That's about it.

I'm giving Ms. Doria and Mr. Markle, the benefit of the doubt. We don't know what their financial status is. Though they don't have to, they more than likely want to help pay for her dress to contribute something to the wedding as her parents.

And who are any of use to assume or suggest that Meghan is paying for her mother's dress and her father's suit?

I think that the speculation of who is paying for what when it comes to this wedding is just that. Speculation. Its none of our business how much anything costs. Even if Meghan wore a dress that she paid a pittance for at a resale shop because she liked it, that's her business and no one else's.

i am curious as to whether any reports have circulated as to who will attend the wedding from other RFs. is it likely there will be several foreign royals, or just a handful of minor royals?

It has been confirmed, at the time the invitations went out, that only personal guests were being invited. Not even local politicians like the PM.

There will be no invitations to 'royals' because that is what you do.

The only given would be Seeiso and his wife who we know have been invited.

Besides them Franz Albrecht and his wife I'd not be surprised if they were. Harry hunts with Franz for years, and attended their wedding.

Maybe a few Greeks and some of the German relatives.

Any money that Meaghan or her parents may put toward wedding expenses is money that they earned, not money that comes from generations of inherited wealth, so good for them if they have it to spend!

The wedding custom that I hate, loathe, and despise is that horrible one where the groom and bride mash cake into each other's faces!
I cringe when I see that.

Thankfully, it seems to be dying out.
(Not that Harry and Meghan would ever do that anyway!)

Doria and Tom Sr may chip in and get wedding jewelry for Meghan as a present. I can see Tiffany's, classic and simple and an American jeweler to represent her roots. Harry Winston and Neil Lane could be considered, but they are jewelers to the stars. Tacori is an American company known for bridal jewelry and it's based out of California. These companies may want the publicity.

Royal photographers are getting a little upset over the arrangements of Harry and Meghan’s wedding

The anniversary reminds me of all the photographers whose work we're lucky enough to license! @RegalEyes @JWhatling @royalfocus1 @PAImages @ArthurJEdwards @ChrisJack_Getty @markacuthbert @stephenlock2 @iimages1 @AlanJDavid @ijonesphoto @goffphotos Hope I've not left too many out!

Via @what Kate wore Twitter

Wow! Was that really 7 years ago?? We get to do it again in a couple of weeks time, just a different bride & groom. ; )

Via Mark Stewart Twitter

Not sure we will get the chance to take a similar shot. It's all a bit of a stitch up at the moment

Via Royal Focus Twitter

A real shame that photos will be so few and limited, all publications will look the same. Still can’t quite believe that such a major royal wedding has so few media covering for the benefit of everybody, bar the few members of the public allowed in.

Via Mark Cuthbert Twitter

Last edited:
Royal photographers are getting a little upset over the arrangements of Harry and Meghan’s wedding

The anniversary reminds me of all the photographers whose work we're lucky enough to license! @RegalEyes @JWhatling @royalfocus1 @PAImages @ArthurJEdwards @ChrisJack_Getty @markacuthbert @stephenlock2 @iimages1 @AlanJDavid @ijonesphoto @goffphotos Hope I've not left too many out!

Via @What Kate wore Twitter

Wow! Was that really 7 years ago?? We get to do it again in a couple of weeks time, just a different bride & groom. ; )

Via Mark Stewart Twitter

Not sure we will get the chance to take a similar shot. It's all a bit of a stitch up at the moment

Via Royal Focus Twitter

A real shame that photos will be so few and limited, all publications will look the same. Still can’t quite believe that such a major royal wedding has so few media covering for the benefit of everybody, bar the few members of the public allowed in.

This venue is smaller and more intimate. It was always going to be different to William and Kate's wedding.

I'm not seeing the issue. Sounds like they are being placed in assigned areas. Windsor Castle is smaller. It makes sense as the space is limited. I'm sure he will get his shot but honestly that post seems like he just whining cause he doesn't like his position.

Last edited:
I am glad that this wedding will be different. It will be as close to what Harry and Meghan want on their personal day as possible. I am sure that they have gone over plans with the Queen and Prince Charles. It will be proper by the law but of their personal liking. At lease I hope they do it their way and not bullied by anyone else. I am sure Meghan's mother and father have been told and approved. Let them invite who they want and eliminate those that they don't want no matter who they are. It is their day. People seem to forget that bit.

I'm not seeing the issue. Sounds like they are being placed in assigned areas. Windsor Castle is smaller. It makes sense as the space is limited. I'm sure he will get his shot but honestly that post seems like he just whining cause he doesn't like his position.

Yeah, not sure I understand what he is saying to be honest...that they won't be allowed inside? Were they for Will and Kate's? I am sure they will have an assigned area for pool reporter, just like they did in 2011

It seems he is complaining all the reporters/photographers are going to be in one small area. That they will all have the same angle, and same photos.

He is trying to pass it off as the 'public is going to suffer' because the public will not get multiple angles of the wedding.

Really seems like the photographer is grumbling because there wont be so much competition to 'sell the best photos'.

Its a smaller venue. There are limitations to be expected. Plain and simple. The public will get to see plenty.

Via @What Kate wore Twitter

Via Mark Stewart Twitter

Via Royal Focus Twitter

Such a major royal wedding? I thought Harry is nothing but a minor royal and this wedding isn’t a big deal or at least that’s what some have been trying peddle. *eyeroll*

It seems he is complaining all the reporters/photographers are going to be in one small area. That they will all have the same angle, and same photos.

He is trying to pass it off as the 'public is going to suffer' because the public will not get multiple angles of the wedding.

Really seems like the photographer is grumbling because there wont be so much competition to 'sell the best photos'.

Its a smaller venue. There are limitations to be expected. Plain and simple. The public will get to see plenty.

No he’s upset because only one outlet will be allowed to take the photos of Harry and Meghan leaving the church.

No he’s upset because only one outlet will be allowed to take the photos of Harry and Meghan leaving the church.

I think he is saying it isn't settled yet but possibly only one outlet. He wrote "its a bit of a stitch up at the moment" which I read to mean more or less up in the air/not settled.

This always happens though. Photogs complain because KP hasn't given out the information completely yet, but the actual event isn't nearly as bad for them as they make it seem.

Another royal wedding invite has been spotted in the wild:

My friend is going to the "Royal Wedding" of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, so she showed me the invitation. It's surprisingly very plain and... ordinary looking. She said Harry is a very chill & regular kinda guy, no pretensions. I like that.

Trevor Donovan is a Californian actor who's two degrees of separation away from Meghan according to the Oracle of Bacon (has worked with a few actors who've worked with her), though the way he writes, it seems the friend going to the wedding is on Harry's side. With that said, he was also on 90210, so they're actually 1 degree separated.

Last edited:
Another royal wedding invite has been spotted in the wild:

Trevor Donovan is a Californian actor who's two degrees of separation away from Meghan according to the Oracle of Bacon (has worked with a few actors who've worked with her), though the way he writes, it seems the friend going to the wedding is on Harry's side. With that said, he was also on 90210, so they're actually 1 degree separated.

Yes, I know who Trevor is. I watched 90210 and remember seeing Meghan’s little part in the show.

There’s so much going on right now, but the build up to the wedding is making me happy. I’m know I must be really exciting for those who got the invite.

I understand that only one media outlet will be set up inside St Georges so there is a real push to get an "original" photo.

The first photos of Harry Meghan on Christmas Day going to Church at Sandringham and the media were out in force, yet the photo that graced the front pages of many, many media outlets was from a local, Karen Murdoch who called out "Merry Christmas" and posted the perfect shot on her Facebook page.

To understand how important that photo was, the woman was interviewed and she told how excited she was and suddenly there was a gap and the two couples were clearly visible. She clicked and as a result and changed her personal circumstances considerably.

She has had her kitchen and bathroom retiled, etc, is getting new carpet and having her garden landscaped. She said they would also be able to get a dog! All of that and more came from the sale of that one photo to several media outlets because she had what they didn't and were willing to pay big bucks for.

Isn’t it always only one media in the church and the live feed is sent to all channels? I thought the photographers are only allowed outside the church?

Isn’t it always only one media in the church and the live feed is sent to all channels? I thought the photographers are only allowed outside the church?

I think you’re right jacqui and as Marg says, the rest will be outside trying to get the best money shot.

Yes only one TV feed inside the church that will then be shared across all networks. No surprise there. Photographers are complaining because what they consider prime position outside in front of the chapel entrance is being reserved for Press Association photographers. So PA is likely to get the best shot of H&M exiting the chapel which history suggests will be the pic on the front pages. I think it's a fair complaint. Even at regular engagements different photographers see different things. Angles matters.

Last edited:
Yes only one TV feed inside the church that will then be shared across all networks. No surprise there. Photographers are complaining because what they consider prime position outside in front of the chapel entrance is being reserved for Press Association photographers. So PA is likely to get the best shot of H&M exiting the chapel which history suggests will be the pic on the front pages. I think it's a fair complaint. Even at regular engagements different photographers see different things. Angles matters.

IMO, the photographers always throw fits before events and then once the event gets closer or the day of, its never as bad as they made it seem.

It sounds like things are not settled yet. I am willing to wait and see. I bet they will have more than PA at the end of the day.

Although PA makes sense because of their global distribution.

I think he is saying it isn't settled yet but possibly only one outlet. He wrote "its a bit of a stitch up at the moment" which I read to mean more or less up in the air/not settled.

T

That's not what "it's a bit of a stitch up" means though. It means that there's something about this that doesn't smell right e.g. there's been some sort of influence used to secure the place where these photos are taken or the process by which this was decided was unfair somehow.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "manipulating a situation to one's advantage".

Doesn't sound like this has been handled very well at all. It's also disappointing IMO because the joy for those of us who can't be there of having many photographers is getting a variety of shots from lots of angles.

I fail to see why only 1 photographer would be allowed to take the pics of the couple leaving the church. How much difference would having say 5 photographers make? I've spent time inside Windsor Castle and the space outside the Chapel is not that small at all.

He is saying 'at the moment', though. It will probably be sorted out satisfactorily. Photographers always seem suspicious that others are pulling rank ahead of themselves. I doubt that this is a personal decision of Harry and Meghan's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom