General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suonymona said:
Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.
geez I hope they don't call him tonto! because you know in spanish that means Idiot!!:lol:

acid_rain3075 said:
geez I hope they don't call him tonto! because you know in spanish that means Idiot!!:lol:

isnt tonto the dog in wizard of oz :)

sm1939 said:
isnt tonto the dog in wizard of oz :)

That's Toto. Tonto was the Lone Ranger's faithful Indian sidekick.:)

Suonymona said:
Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.

All of hie nieces and nephews call him 'Tonton'

Tonto means dumb in Spanish :ROFLMAO:, Cuban's say "Ese tipo tonto" when talking about a stupid guy (I definitely don't call my Uncle that!). But yes, Tonton is what the Trio call Albert.

Ani

Last edited:
An n was dropped. Its different when you hear it. I should have put [] around the word to designate it as the pronunciation, not the actual spelling.

did Prince Rainer have a girlfriend after grace

is it true that Prince Rainer after Princess Grace died was romantically involved with his first cousin once removed, Princess Ira of Fürstenberg? if so how long did they go out for ???

Prince Rainier Romance after Grace

It's true the tabloids printed a lot of speculative stories about Ira Von Furstenberg and Rainier, but nothing ever came of it. I don't even think they ever appeared in public together. I remember reading a story saying Caroline was upset with seeing these stories in the tabloids (not sure if it was because it was a lie or she didn't like Von Furstenberg). Of course I read THAT in a tabloid so who knows if it was true.
LK

The Princess may have encouraged the chatter but Rainier was his stoic silent self.

I do remember there being a sort of "companion" (oh shut up about Charlene right now!) who was around Rainier for most of the 1990s. She seemed to know the rules: 1) hide unless impossible; 2) no marriage--who could compete with THAT ghost?; and 3) be good to the kids.

I remember seeing a photo of Caroline and the edge of the woman at something like the Grand Prix and it was a bigger deal Caroline was smiling than that the woman was identified. Oh how times have changed!

Suonymona said:
The Princess may have encouraged the chatter but Rainier was his stoic silent self.

I do remember there being a sort of "companion" (oh shut up about Charlene right now!) who was around Rainier for most of the 1990s. She seemed to know the rules: 1) hide unless impossible; 2) no marriage--who could compete with THAT ghost?; and 3) be good to the kids.

I remember seeing a photo of Caroline and the edge of the woman at something like the Grand Prix and it was a bigger deal Caroline was smiling than that the woman was identified. Oh how times have changed!

wonder who the lady was ???

DaisyClover said:
It's true the tabloids printed a lot of speculative stories about Ira Von Furstenberg and Rainier, but nothing ever came of it. I don't even think they ever appeared in public together. I remember reading a story saying Caroline was upset with seeing these stories in the tabloids (not sure if it was because it was a lie or she didn't like Von Furstenberg). Of course I read THAT in a tabloid so who knows if it was true.
LK

It was Ira Von Furstenberg herself who "destroyed" her chance, because she made declarations to the Press about her relationship with Rainier. She have a long interview, I do not remember to which magazine, but it was like Paris Match or Point de vue, or something of the same level. After that, Rainier split down, because he did not appreciate her declarations, and the relationship ended.

Who was the female ambassador to France that Rainier was suppose to have had an affair with? If I remember right that ended after she mentioned to in an interview that they were dating.

I think the reason we know so little about Rainier's companions is that if they talked (in ANY way), he walked. And silence from Rainier was worse than a denial in its effect.

wasnt there rumour's about HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia too?? .......

monaco70s said:
And Ira wore the same red dress as Caroline's to 1998's Rose Ball.

do we have a picture of Ira in her red dress???

thank you tosca! she's a good looking woman ,
by the way I know there where rumour's about grace and other men , after she was married and her being unhappy etc ( Im not at all saying they where true ) but were there any rumour's about Prince Rainer when they were married ???

sm1939 said:
thank you tosca! she's a good looking woman ,
by the way I know there where rumour's about grace and other men , after she was married and her being unhappy etc ( Im not at all saying they where true ) but were there any rumour's about Prince Rainer when they were married ???

I happened to read about Rainier having a mistress in Paris, when he was still married to Grace, a while before she died. But, you know, it was Novella mag, so I wouldn't bet on its liability. I also read on another mag, that cited Paris Match as a source that Rainier had a secret son in Marchais, but this guy was born before he met Grace. That's all the rumors about Ranier I know of.

Ira was a beautiful woman, especially back in the '60s/'70's. At that time she also became an actress, although in B-movies. She's half Italian, since her mother Clara is one of the sisters of the late FIAT owner Giovanni (Gianni) Agnelli. Her brother Egon was a fashion designer and died (officially) of cancer some years ago. Last year she also lost her elder son in a Bangkok's prison. Officially he died of a heart attack.

There was a French actress Rainier had seen for years (off and on). It was claimed she was barren which is why Rainier could not marry her (the Monagueque crown NEEDED heirs at that point to avoid reversion to France). After he married Grace and they had both Caroline and Albert, the woman had a child (not sure if she was married, the baby was the story), thus defeating the gossip and having her own life. There was never anything after that about the two having contact.

Both Grace and Rainier have been written about as being unhappy during the 1970s and there were rumours of romances of them with others but I believe they just led separate lives (Grace in Paris with the girls and Rainier in Monaco training Albert) until they came to peace again with their marriage and its requirements. I doubt either of them would have risked their core relationship with outsiders. They truly did love each other by the 1980s.

The woman you're talking about is Giselle Pascal. She died one month ago. Though completely forgotten, which is a shame, she was, at the time she lived with Rainier, one of France's most popular movie stars (during the 40s and early 50s). After the break-up with Rainier, she married another forgotten movie star of the day, Raymond Pellegrin, with whom she remained happily married and indeed had a daughter, Pascale Pellegrin, another actress.

Some links (sorry for those who don't speak French- at least, you'll see her photo)
MORT DE GISELLE PASCAL - Le coin du cinéphage
Giselle PASCAL
Giselle PASCAL
http://www.lesgensducinema.com/affiche_acteur.php?
Giselle Pascal

Thank you so much leomichel. Even though its by association, I'm always interested in Monaco history---particularly before the media onslaught of now.

It is a shame she died almost ignored. Often USA actor/esses who were at the top of the world died in lonely poverty only to merit a blip on the AP wires (where its often ignored).
I have actually seen some of Giselle's work and she was a lovely spirit. Maybe its a good thing she didn't have all the press of "Rainier's last lover dies".

Member of Monaco Royal family that attended U.C. Berkeley

I was curious, which member of this family attended U.C. Berkeley for college in the late 60's. I was thinking it might have been one of the de Massy's?

The reason I ask, is I currently own a 1968 Porsche 911 Targa that was originally purchased by someone in the royal Monaco family and given to one of the kids who was going to college in the United States in the late 1960's.

They used the car while in school until they sold it in the early 70's. Any help or maybe even pictures would really help!

Thanks so much

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0000 Main Web Photo small.jpg
    IMG_0000 Main Web Photo small.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
nice car :)

hope you'll get an answer to your question.

Royal of Monaco

my question is,if a prince or princess bring their gf or bf to Monaco,will his/her family let their gf/bf sleepover in palace?:cool:

Events attended by HSH Prince Albert II

Please, correct me if I'm wrong...

28/06/1978 Wedding Caroline & Philippe
18/09/1982 Funeral Grace
29/12/1983 Wedding Caroline & Stefano
06/10/1990 Funeral Stefano
30/01/1991 Funeral Olav V
03/07/1993 Wedding Alois & Sophie
07/08/1993 Funeral Baudouin I
18/03/1995 Wedding Elena & Jaime
18/11/1995 Wedding Joachim & Alexandra
01/07/1995 Wedding Stéphanie & Daniel
30/04/1996 50th Anniversary Carl XVI Gustaf
04/10/1997 Wedding Cristina & I
ñaki
20/12/1997 Official visit to Pope John Paul II
31/10/1998 Wedding Carlo de Bourbon-Siciles & Camilla
23/01/1999 Wedding Caroline & Ernst-August
28/06/1999 Funeral Count of Paris
04/12/1999 Wedding Philippe & Mathilde
04/01/2000 Funeral Countess of Barcelona
14/11/2000 Funeral Queen Ingrid
02/02/2001 Funeral Queen Marie-José
07/04/2001 Enthronement Grand Duke Henri I
18/06/2001 Gripsholm Castle Diner fot the25th Wedding Anniversary of Carl XVI Gustaf & Silvia

19/06/2001 Trip to Asköfor the25th Wedding Anniversary of Carl XVI Gustaf & Silvia
23/08/2001 Private party held at Skaugum Estate à vérifier mais normalement oui

24/08/2001 In the afternoon Haakon & Mette-Marit invited young royals and friends for a boat trip on the Royal Yacht K/S Norge
25/08/2001 Wedding Haakon & Mette-Marit
31/01/2002 Wedding and Birthday Ball held at the Palace on the Dam Square (Amsterdam) held for Willem Alexander & Máxima only attended by THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover
01/02/2002 Lunch-concert at the Concertgebouw (Amsterdam) only attended by THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover
01/02/2002 The ArenA Evening Party : AM?
02/02/2002 Wedding Willem Alexander & Máxima (together with THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover)

17/05/2003 Wedding Donatus von Hessen & Floria Gräafin von Faber-Castell at Kronberg im Taunus only attended by THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover
11/07/2003 Funeral Countess of Paris
25/09/2003 Wedding Emmanuele Filiberto & Clotilde
30/03/2004 Funeral Queen Juliana

13/05/2004Det Kongelige Teater Evening at Copenhagen and Wedding Supper only attended by THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover
14/05/2004Wedding of Frederik & Mary at Copenhagen Domkirke (together with THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover)

14/05/2004Wedding Banquet at Slot Fredensborg (together with THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover)
21/05/2004 Wedding Dinner at El Pardo only attended by THR the Prince & Princess of Hanover if correct
22/05/2004 Wedding Felipe & Letizia only Caroline & Albert (EAH was sick but came back for lunch)
18/09/2004 Wedding Serge of Yugoslavia & Eleonora
15/01/2005 Funeral Joséphine-Charlotte
15/04/2005 Funeral Rainier III
24/04/2005 Enthronement Pope Benedict XVI
05/12/2005 Official visit to Pope Benedict XVI
12-14/06/2006 60th Anniversary of King Bhumibol's accession to the throne
30/06/2006
+
01/07/2006 25th Wedding Anniversary Henri & María Teresa

Events NOT attended by HSH Prince Albert II

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

19/06/1999 Wedding Edward & Sophie
06/07/2000 Civil Wedding Bernhard & Annette
08/07/2000 Religious Wedding Bernhard & Annette
19/05/2001 Civil & Religious Wedding Constantijn & Laurentien
24/05/2002 Wedding Märtha-Louise & Ari
26/10/2002 Wedding Kalina & Kitín
12/04/2003 Wedding Laurent & Claire (Chantal Hochuli was present)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom