General News for the Wales Family 1: September 2022-March 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a photo of the future of the monarchy. A future queen and a direct heir to the throne. So cries for transparency aren't without warrant. Especially if you haven't seen said future queen in months. And then the photo appears doctored?

They are not celebrities. They are public figures on the public purse-string. And leaders, as Kensington Palace continues to push and remind us about William. So yes, people expect more from them. A higher degree of truthfulness and transparency.

Last edited:
The future Queen told us months ago what was going on. She didn't have to release this photo she was doing it as a courtesy. If I were them I would stick to the original KP statement and not release or say anything because too many believe they are entitled to everything about them. Even now when she appeared today next to William there are more conspiracy theories. Never try to appease the masses and never try to work with the press. I will say they should have released it to their social media accounts and not to the press who are hypocritical and untrustworthy.

The future Queen told us months ago what was going on. She didn't have to release this photo she was doing it as a courtesy. If I were them I would stick to the original KP statement and not release or say anything because too many believe they are entitled to everything about them. Even now when she appeared today next to William there are more conspiracy theories. Never try to appease the masses and never try to work with the press. I will say they should have released it to their social media accounts and not to the press who are hypocritical and untrustworthy.

You realize that social media IS the press, right? Or at least part of it. Had they just shared the picture to their Instagram account, news agencies would have taken the photo from there. You can't put something on the Internet and expect to stay there.

What's more "the press" is a monolith, and you can't paint it all with the same brush. The AP, Reuters, Getty Images...they aren't the tabloid gutter press. We're not talking about Rupert Murdoch, here.

The article I read on the NYT site said the issue with the photo had been found “on closer inspection” AFTER publication. I agree very much the agencies need to do their due diligence, but would it not be better for them to do it before publishing, if their integrity is so important to them?

I think that William and Catherine, and their team, have an obligation to try their best to work with photo and news agencies and not knowingly send them content that’s subpar, but the agencies have the ultimate responsibility for images they choose to publish.

Should the responsible agencies consider issuing an apology to the public for failing to uphold their own standards?

I think this is the key point, the Royal Family had a certain amount of credibility, so photo agencies, UK newspapers accepted their photo and press release without question. It is a form of deference and respect.

Now that level of trust is gone. From now on, anything shared by KP will be scrutinized even more than before.

Has the royal family apologized for "failing to uphold their own standards", whatever those standards may be?

The photo agencies issued "Kill Notification" which is a form of retraction. This is the type of apology you can expect from a news organization.

This is a young woman who has went through major surgery, she made an error when issuing an innocent photograph . The stress that is now being put on her is unbelievable, I wish more consideration could be shown towards her welfare.
Talk of trust , transparency and truthfulness. Unbelievable.

This is a young woman who has went through major surgery, she made an error when issuing an innocent photograph . The stress that is now being put on her is unbelievable, I wish more consideration could be shown towards her welfare.
Talk of trust , transparency and truthfulness. Unbelievable.
Kate is not a young woman. She's in her 40s.
The stress is unbelievable?
The stress of not being able to pay your bills is unbelievable.
The stress of not being able to put food of the table for your children is unbelievable stress.

What Kate is going through is not unbelievable stress. It's responsibility and expectations for a life free of mostly all stresses.

It’s quite interesting that the BBC and other broadcasters as well as newspaper websites have used this car shot when no major UK media organization used the one a few days ago in Windsor with Carole Middleton.
Exactly!

It has been widely reported that KP exerted huge pressure on British media to not publish the picture with Carole Middleton because it was "not authorized" by the palace.

Does it mean this paparazzi-style picture with William is authorized? Is the palace working with paparazzi some of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom