General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw the pictures from the one visit on Aug 1st to the brewery, I'm not aware of any further engagements this week.

In regards to the policy about not traveling from an official engagement to a holiday, I guess my mistake is I think about it as an ordinary citizen. Where it's not about how things appear, but what is actually documented as an expense and will be reviewed by an accountant or auditor.

The brewery visit was the 1st August along with two other visits - a restaurant and a school - along with a meeting. All were in Scotland I assume as the place of the meeting isn't mentioned.

Court Circular - 1st August

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this morning visited Captain's Galley Seafood Restaurant, the Harbour, Scrabster, and was received by Mr. William Watt (Deputy Lieutenant of Caithness).
His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Caithness Artists' Annual Exhibition, Thurso High School, Ormlie Road, Thurso, Caithness.
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay afterwards visited John o'Groats Brewery, the Old Fire Station, John o'Groats, Caithness.
His Royal Highness, Patron, the North Highland Initiative, later held a Meeting.

The 2nd August isn't up on the online CC yet.

^^Oh, those were the other visits, thanks. Clearly the more established CC is more reliable than the Clarence House Twitter feed that only has info about the brewery visit on Aug 1st.

The CC is the 'official record' of the engagements of the BRF. What they may send out via twitter or other forms is not complete - it is the same as the Future Engagements which don't include the Wales or York families at all unless they are going with other family members. The Cambridge's announce engagements via their twitter rather than through the official monarchy page.

The CC is the best place, particularly the print versions, to get the full list of engagements. The twitter is really what the royal wishes to put out while the CC is the monarch's approved listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Charles does not own any of this. The Duchy of Cornwall does. When Charles becomes king and William becomes The Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge, it will be William that benefits from the Duchy. Eventually it will all be passed on to George as the eldest son and heir of William.

Charles has done a remarkable job with the Duchy of Cornwall with some very intelligent business acumen to strengthen and fortify the Duchy for generations to come.

Charles is in Scotland - attended the Mey Games today.
(Source: STV)

What an absolutely wonderful article. This is the kind of thing that I wish more publications would do and focus on. The "real" Camilla as she is now and sees her for who she is now rather than keeping her stuck in a drama of so many years ago. :D

Agreed. While, like many others I was not initially a fan of Camilla, I have grown to respect and admire her. She clearly loves Prince Charles to have gone through all that she has - I honestly can't imagine that she is in the position in which she finds herself, for any personal gain or fame.
Let's hope that Diana can be remembered and commemorated appropriately this year, for the good that she also did, without the 'mud-slinging' at Camilla.
Let him/her who is without sin and all that.....

The Private Secretary to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, Mark Leishman, has resigned. He became Private Secretary in 2009 and has worked for Clarence House since 2003.

The Private Secretary to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, Mark Leishman, has resigned. He became Private Secretary in 2009 and has worked for Clarence House since 2003.

And another resignation. Something is clearly going on ..

The only thing we will ever agree on Nico.

Not a happy work place wonder if they are leaving or being pushed out.

I think something is going on in the sense the various households are being 'tweaked' to accommodate The Duke of Edinburgh's retirement and the Cambridges move to London but I think it's well organised behind the scenes.

The press wants us to assume chaos but the BRF is nothing if not well prepared.

I think it's just the press was caught off guard on all the staff changes.

What is the press being blamed for ? They are reporting the amount of staff leaving. I can't see anything wrong in reporting that. I would like to know why but I'm not saying it's chaos. But something is happening

What is the press being blamed for ? They are reporting the amount of staff leaving. I can't see anything wrong in reporting that. I would like to know why but I'm not saying it's chaos. But something is happening

There's nothing to blame the press on. I just think they were caught off guard with so many departures all at once. Some they knew were leaving, but some they didn't expect to go. I think it's down to the shift in the younger royals taking on full-time roles. New management to take over.

It is rare for the BRF to ever experience more than one or two staff leaving at a time - not this wholesale turnover. That does point to something more happening than 'business as usual' which does include the normal procedure of younger royals taking up the roles of retiring royals.

The Queen's private secretary retired and his deputy is taking over. Seamless transition. I expect much the same with Charles although he may bring in someone new.

Catherine just hired a new high profile private secretary. William's PS has worked for the royals for a decade. He may want to move on but whatever happens it's business as usual for the Firm.

Prince Charles has become the longest-serving Prince of Wales in history.

Prince Charles is longest-serving Prince of Wales - BBC News

Charles and Camilla are still looking for a new sous chef

Charles and Camilla still advertising for a new sous chef | Daily Mail Online

New photo of Prince Charles from Mario Testino for his 69th Birthday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbeTHHBBYcU/?taken-by=clarencehouse

And 21-gun salute

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/m...ue&family=editorial&sort=best&assettype=image

General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: February 2015-

The future Edward VIII would be in second place having been Prince of Wales from his birth in 1841 and held the title until his accession in 1901.

You have an extra number with your King Edwards. Edward VIII is the one that abdicated. Edward VII, his grandfather, is the one you mean, Queen Victoria's heir.

George IV also spent a long time as Prince of Wales from 1762 to 1820. It's not surprising since QEII, Victoria and George III are the longest reigning British monarchs.

Edward VII wasn't Prince of Wales from his birth. He was created it a month later. Charles was created PoW when he was almost 10.

Last edited:
Prince Charles' trip to Myanmar, Nov 2017

Thread related to forthcoming trip to Myanmar

Why is he going? It is an interesting timing, unless his main purpose is to raise awareness about the situation of the Rohingya and stand up for them at the highest level.

Wow! It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

He will not utter a single word about Rohingya crisis. Purely a business visit. These people just talk for OR about rights n all that fancy stuff. Never actually act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom