General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not because he's was on a weekend holiday. The tabloids even pull these stunts in his professional life. Remember when they splashed pictures around of the attractive female doctor when William started working with the EAAA. The message was "Look away Catherine, these two co-workers will be working intimately together! ;)". They didn't care that the doctor was married or that they stole her swimsuit pictures off her personal Facebook page and spread them around for all tabloid readers to see. The doctor was understandably furious and complained to the media.

So whether it's a co-worker, a part-time model, or one of George's future teachers, this will always happen. It's gross and unfair to all parties but unless there is press reform it won't change.
EXACTLY! And it's gross! And terrible. And mean spirited. And sexist. And especially horrible for the woman dragged into it. And people buy into it! Saying "poor Kate". Poor Kate how? Because her husband talked to a woman!?

Still trying to figure out how this was disrespectful of his wife as at least some here have said....really? Not like he was caught in a hot tub with her....

LaRae

:previous: :previous: :previous:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone will seriously doubt the Cambridge marriage, I only see William presenting himself as immature and ignorant fool.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how this was disrespectful of his wife as at least some here have said....really? Not like he was caught in a hot tub with her....

LaRae

Yeah, it's funny how they're trying to spin a high-five as a salacious act. If that's the case Justin Trudeau should of have been charged with attempted misconduct with a minor for trying to high-five George. :lol:

Frankly, I'm relieved to see William rather more relaxed and less formal as he normally appears to be sometimes. I would have preferred to have seen a proper family skiing holiday with everyone together like we have seen with other royal families recently.

Nonetheless, the chance arose for William to go with his mates skiing and he took it. Who knows, Kate may have a holiday with her girlfriends later in the year.

With regard to the way in which this new has been portrayed, as a reminder, we have the following thread available and so I won't comment:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-royal-family-and-the-media-11937.html

It's not because he's was on a weekend holiday. The tabloids even pull these stunts in his professional life. Remember when they splashed pictures around of the attractive female doctor when William started working with the EAAA. The message was "Look away Catherine, these two co-workers will be working intimately together! ;)". They didn't care that the doctor was married or that they stole her swimsuit pictures off her personal Facebook page and spread them around for all tabloid readers to see. The doctor was understandably furious and complained to the media.

So whether it's a co-worker, a part-time model, or one of George's future teachers, this will always happen. It's gross and unfair to all parties but unless there is press reform it won't change.

Yes, I know. I'm just trying to point out how unfair it is for the media to try to stir up some trouble about the state of the Cambridge's marriage by dragging the model into its story. There's a lot of people who will fall for the trick.

The crazy part is, the same members of the media that's doing this, will be the same members of the media who will covering the Cambridge's official trips and tours this year.

Let's be fair to this young lady, and let's not get into speculations about the Cambridge's, because it's totally unfair to these people and nobody wants to back into the "Charles and Di" like saga again.

Nonetheless, the chance arose for William to go with his mates skiing and he took it. Who knows, Kate may have a holiday with her girlfriends later in the year.

Right.
William was there with his oldest friends (Two of the three men also married) and none of the wives went along.

Prince William goes skiing in Switzerland as royal family attends Commonwealth Day service with the Queen

I’ve sure you’ve seen the photos of Prince William skiing… which is fine… only he was on a ski trip with his friends when the other senior royals, including his dad, his brother, and his uncles, joined the Queen for Commonwealth Day service. And, well, it’s not a good look. It a really hard look to justify. Especially since Commonwealth Day is said to be very close to the Queen’s heart. And especially since William is aware that he’s been labelled “work-shy” by the British media. The palace is aware of that description too.

So the fact that all the high ranking people in his family were there, and he wasn’t, and instead was on holiday… it’s not a good look. It’s actually a very bad look. It looks like he doesn’t take his royal duties seriously. It looks like he would rather be drinking beers on the mountain than repping his family and working.

I wonder if William will react the way he normally does – by bitching at the paparazzi for getting up in his business. For… busting him. But, you know, that’s not a private mountain. (Is there such thing as a private mountain?) Complaining about photographers shooting him wide open at a ski resort where hundreds of other people are also on holiday isn’t going to stand up. And lashing out in that way might actually make him look worse. Because it’d be obvious what he’d be doing. So… maybe just take the L. And you kinda owe your brother one. As soon as those beach shots – and possibly the balcony ones – go wide, Harry will be taking the heat off Will.

'Lainey Gossip' seems to be out of touch. William didn't complain about the photos and she doesn't know anything about the story other than just regurgitating what's already in the British tabloids.

Last edited:
The media is trying to start a scandal so they can sell papers.

LaRae

If Her Majesty had wanted William and Catherine to attend that service, they would have been there. He obviously had her permission to be away. :flowers:

Well, I hope no one lose their minds when the whole Cambridge family go on vacation. Remember, they haven't taken one yet this year.

Lainey said it best- it's not a good look!

Nothing wrong with William's actions but the timing is simply wrong.
They know that at times it's about the optics. The snow and Switzerland would still be there. He should have waited.

I don't think William did anything wrong, per se, but I can somewhat understand the press criticism for this one. He went on a trip without his wife, on a day when most of the royal family were attending a commemorative service...not to mention, he somehow ended up with a single young woman in his ski party. The optics are bad, like everyone is saying. I don't think it ever looks great when a married man goes on vacation without his wife and then is seen with a single young woman, not to mention the fact that he is supposed to be king one day and he missed out on a service that his grandparents and other senior members of the royal family were attending.

As I said, though, I don't think William's marriage is in danger or anything like that and this all will soon be forgotten. I just think this was a bit of a dumb decision on his part.

I think a lot of the affection public felt for Diana was transferred to William and Harry after her death.
So yes, the standards are unrealistic.
1. It has nothing to do with Diana. Both William/Harry were controversial and was heavily criticized from 2003 to 2010. And almost all experts predicted the monarchy's fall after the Queen's death.

2. 2010 William get engaged to Kate and become very popular both with people/media (more than diana).

3. The press began criticizing them for not becoming so-called full-time royals after he left the military.

4. The press went to war against them last year when they found out that William was not working as much as they thought. Both were (undeservedly) called boring, uncharismatic, work-shy and lazy.

5. After it became known (this year) that he would be a full-time royal, I've noticed that the press (again) has started to praise William/Kate and deservedly so.

6. The media is (as I said in an earlier post) busy with other things, so this trip will soon be forgotten.

If Her Majesty had wanted William and Catherine to attend that service, they would have been there. He obviously had her permission to be away. :flowers:
Of course he had, and the media knows it.

If I'm remembering right, members of the British Royal Family need to inform and seek approval from the monarch any time they leave the country. This makes sense as the most senior royals serve as Councilors of State when they are needed. I'm sure someone will correct me if I have facts wrong. ;)

With this in mind, William most certainly did have the Queen's permission and approval to be on the ski trip. If it didn't bother her, why should it bother us?

The media is trying to start a scandal so they can sell papers.

LaRae

I agree because articles showing a royal family member going about his/her daily round of engagements doesn't sell or gain clicks. :)

Beware of the scandal the media is trying drum up!!!

If that's true William must have shares in the company because he just gave it to them on a plate.

Right..how dare he go off with friends to relax! How dare be seen doing anything but working.

People need to stop getting sucked into these fake scandals.

LaRae

The media does this to everyone. Last year, Beatrice went out on Remembrance Day and she was attacked because she wasn't at the service. But as a non-working member of the Royal Family, she was not supposed to attend.

William is guilty of not working hard enough on his dance moves. That's about all. I bet Harry and Kate will have a good old laugh about his dance routine.
From the video I saw it seemed not many people there at the club were taking much notice of him anyway.

Right..how dare he go off with friends to relax! How dare be seen doing anything but working.

People need to stop getting sucked into these fake scandals.

LaRae

Your right he can do whatever he wants if he finishes up on the front page his choice. If you like it or not that's a royals life take it or leave it.

He knew he was in public and he knows the media follows him and he knows they are gonna take pics.

It's the fake story I think most object to...the attempt to make a scandal out of nothing.

LaRae

My opinion on this is --I do think the lunch with the blonde girls and others was prearranged. Whether the semi-strangers, model, boyfriend and other blonde invited themselves, I don't know. However, I suspect the invite came from William's party, simply because, even with something as informal as a lunch al fresco, it would be an appalling breach of protocol, let alone good manners, for someone who works at a hotel where guests are staying, as this model was, to go to a specific restaurant to eat with hotel guests and take friends with you.

Having said that I certainly don't think Will was doing any flirting or carrying on with either girl, much as the tabs would like to manufacture some titillation for their readers.

Nevertheless, I do believe that it shows a surprising lack of judgement on William's part, especially surprising as he is usually so wary, so cautious and closed off about strangers and privacy. Here he is, a married family man, shown boozing it up at a lunch in a luxurious ski resort, interacting with two pretty blondes. His wife and children are left at home.

He goes on a boys out weekend abroad immediately before most senior royals in the family are gathered for an important occasion to the BRF, Commonwealth Day. Almost any other weekend in the ski season would have been more suitable than this one.

I'm not saying that William does not deserve weekends away. Yes, of course he does. However, IMO there was lack of judgement shown by William in several directions on this ski jaunt. The BRF is a family that relies on image and good PR. William showed neither.

As a result, unfortunately William has handed a ton of ammo to tabloid readers who believe younger royals are nothing more than lazy layabouts profiting from the toil of others, he has added to gossip from those who believe (wrongly in my judgement) that the Cambridge marriage is in trouble, shocked those who contrasted photos of a 90 year old monarch leading a service of Commemoration with himself sans wife, enjoying a lunch most couldn't afford, in some dubious company at a luxury ski resort.

In doing this William has also IMHO handed himself on a platter to those who wish to get rid of the monarchy in Britain after the Queen passes.

Yes, this is a momentary hiccup and will pass, but memories linger on.

Last edited:
I more than agree. Being a royal is very much a PR game. And one they need to be adept at playing. All the young royaks get attacked for it, William and Kate are certainly not alone in his family. But there is also more expected of a couple who are the future king and queen.

There is nothing wrong with the trip. And he wasn't expected at the ceremony. But it is fuel for people who still call him work shy.

Or talk that, why isn't he home with his wife and kids when he will be away next weekend. We are told they work less to be more hands on parents.

Again I do think all royaks deserve time off. Nothing wrong with this weekend. But he is crazy if he us but aware of the media issues it causes,

I also find that there is a reason he faces not More but Differebt criticism then his brother or cousins. Not simply as future king. But he is also a married man with kids. There will be the traditionalists that expect him to be more at home. Going off on boys weekends is what you expect more of a young unmarried man. Harry is out at bars pictured with women, he us a bachelor, that's what they do. William does, leads people to wonder why he isn't with his wife.

Basically nothing wrong with this weekend. Kate is the only one with right to complain and I doubt she would. But still a messy bit of or.

There's a major problem here. It seems like the Cambridge's can't take vacations, especially if the trip runs into a royal family event. Also, if William embarks on a trip alone, he can't be seen near any girls..unless it's on an official event.

Folks, this is a big problem. It seems like people feel William can't be trusted to talk to any other girl on private trips. Also it seems like he's not allowed to miss a Commonwealth service.

The drama built up around this male weekend trip is pretty much ridiculous, imo.

What you say is true, but it's all about the public perception where royals are concerned, isn't it Dman? I mean, we can argue all we like here on TRF, but we are not average readers/commenters of the Daily Fail and other tabloid newspapers, are we?

We don't regard the younger royals as lazy spongers, 'not earning their keep' and 'constantly' spending time gulping down uber-expensive meals and drinks and going to restaurants and clubs and resorts most working people in Britain couldn't afford in their everyday lives, ever.

Unfortunately lots of people in the UK and elsewhere do tend towards those beliefs. Many, many millions of people in the UK read these tabloids online and make up their minds about the celebrities and royals featured in them on the basis of headlines and a skimming over of the stories concerned. Unfortunately this one is a PR mess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom