General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and even the personal illness cancellations are done very, very rarely. I can only remember a very few times for the Queen, and I don't really remember any for the Prince of Wales, although there must have been a few.

If it was a childcare issue then the solution may be to have another nanny on staff in addition to Maria Borrales and the housekeeper who supposedly takes on occasional duties.

i honestly think it was a one off for something that was a bit of a special thing. it would surprise me if W&K don't have back up plans for 'back up of the back of' childcare - i mean, even if her nannies/other staff fail and william's family or their staff can't step in, her family are all london based so her parents, pippa or james could step in. it would be a lot of bad luck if none of those people can step in!

What a fuss.

If she caught the crud I've had (and that friends in the UK have had) she might have been running a fairly nasty fever. We won't ever know.

But it's not as if they both don't do evening things solo. It's not as if one less evening of the Duchess showing up and looking gorgeous with stop the world spinning.

Wow i’m amazed this still being discussed. They rarely if ever cancel and had to some reason because of the children. Maybe one fo the older ones cane back really upset from school and Catherine didn’t want to leave them, maybe the nanny fell ill. Who knows and theres loads we could speculate about but we will never know the true reason. They don’t seem to take the mickey cancelling things all the time so clearly there was a need to and so logically William went as it was his patronage.

Wow i’m amazed this still being discussed. They rarely if ever cancel and had to some reason because of the children. Maybe one fo the older ones cane back really upset from school and Catherine didn’t want to leave them, maybe the nanny fell ill. Who knows and theres loads we could speculate about but we will never know the true reason. They don’t seem to take the mickey cancelling things all the time so clearly there was a need to and so logically William went as it was his patronage.

The discussion was simply because the announcement was unusual. Neither Catherine nor the children were ill, so something obviously came up that was unexpected, and child-care seems as though it was a likely reason. It's also interesting that it doesn't happen more often.

Know what this discussion tells me? It tells me that William and Catherine definitely live in a fishbowl! :lol:

The Cambridges could have contingency plans but chose not to use it in this instance. The event was for one of William's patronages that William attends every year and Kate has attended only a few times. Had it been one of Kate's patronages and she committed to attend and event and then cancelled that would not be OK in my book but it was not a big deal when it came to the Tusk Gala since Kate was essentially William's plus one.

Just maybe the a nanny was ill and other staff members. The flu could be going around the employees and royal family. We would not know. Whatever it was the parents worked it out the best they could. I am okay with that

Personally I take “no-one is ill” with a grain of salt in that almost certainly no one was ill in a serious way but maybe one of the kids was a bit under the weather and needed mum tlc. More likely IMO the childcare they had in place fell through last minute, the nanny may of been ill or Carole or caught up somewhere making them late.

IMO this isn’t an unusual situation at all for a family with 3 kids in who rely on childcare. I agree with Queen Claude in that they may well have had someone they could have left the kids with but felt it wasn’t necessary at the time as Kate was merely a plus1, I know plenty of working parents where one has had to pull out at last minute because of the kids, it usually the one who is least necessary for the event in question, just as happened here. If Kate has been attending an event for her own patronage and William had been doing the same or on an overseas tour somewhere we may well have seen a different solution more fitting the fact neither could miss the event in question. William was down to attend a dinner for his charity and did so, only difference was his wife wasn’t able to make it. I’m sure we will see this again at some point given the fact W&K have three active little ones and are more hands on than past generations of royals. No biggie.

Does anyone know if the Cambridges will release a family picture before Christmas?

They do usually I think, isn’t it usually their Christmas card photo? If so I would guess anytime soon, maybe end of this week when the holidays start properly.

I'll be watching too,really looking forward to it.

Agree - I had to do a double take and see if something else had cropped up only to realise it was the same old discussion :rolleyes:

I did think it were strange at first but it would've made sense if Catherine herself was ill. There's a lot of cold and flu bugs going around at the moment.

Just watched "A Berry Royal Christmas", very good! Nice to see them with their charities and definitely get the feeling they know these charities well, more so than just making the usual visit once a year or so. Nothing too indepth, no shocking new insights, just a nice easy watch.

Not every day you see the future king and queen making a roulade with Mary Berry!

I really enjoyed this programme. It will be a welcome opportunity to project some positive things about the Royal Family in the mainstream media at what has been a difficult couple of months. Kate and William came across very well. Couldn’t help noticing how William was under dressed for the party - something he admitted himself in conversation with one of the guests who had clearly come dressed for the occasion. I wonder why he wore casual, when Kate had chosen a more festive and appropriate dress.

That was lovely, and I especially enjoyed hearing in more detail about some of the charities that the Duke and Duchess support. Mary Berry is always a delight, and it was wonderful to see how easy and humorous the interactions were between William, Catherine, Nadiya and Mary Berry. There was a charm and sincerity in the Cambridges which I don't think they are given credit for all the time.

A very nice program A Berry Royal Christmas was. I enjoyed the highlights of William and Catherine’s charities and hearing from the people who’s benefiting from them.

The food looked absolutely delicious, especially the deserts. One thing I would recommend to everyone who want to make Mary’s Beef Stew. Please make sure you season your beef -either before browning or during browning. It’s just important that you flavor meats like that with either salt & pepper or other spices before continuing with the rest of the recipe. Just a quick tip.

Watching this program with the Cambridge’s and Mary Berry make me want to go to a Christmas party. If there’s plenty of food, sweets and non alcoholic eggnog...I’ll be there.

Last edited:
Kate looked very pretty and festive, but I think she should have worn her hair in a French braid or something; I never like all that long hair around food.

Not a fan of the dresses although the red is a great color for her.

I agree, especially with the cooking, her hair would of been better up...and really why not wear more casual clothes during the cooking segments?

Nice spots about the charity work.

LaRae

that was lovely! Great way of showcasing their charity!

This was a lovely program and I'm so thrilled I was able to watch it on YouTube. I really do think it was a very much missed opportunity to choose not to broadcast it in the US. There appears to have been significant interest in being able to watch it. The Cambridges were really in top form and it was lovely to see them so easily interact with their charities and with Mary. It really was the positive piece that the RF needed right now and I have to say that I agree with those hoping we see the Cambridges team up with Mary again for another special or two. It really struck exactly the right balance between promoting their work and some wonderful causes (and how about William recruiting Nadiya for Shout! :flowers:) and giving the viewers a few of those personal tidbits about their life and their children that everyone loves so much. I can't help but think that HM and the PoW must be very, very happy with what they saw last night as well as the reception that it seems to be getting from the public.

I am one of the lucky ones who caught it today on YouTube so I thoroughly enjoyed watching Mary as she tested her recipes, viewing the clips highlighting the charities and seeing the happy volunteers being feted for their work.

I assume 'Mary' is a famous judge on some baking contest on TV?! It seemed everyone knew/knows her and I had no clue who she was. The other one that she had asked to help William on the day of the party is probably also involved in the same program?!

All in all, imo it was a rather lightweight program that showcased some of the charities that William and Catherine are involved in and it was pleasant to see how the two of them joyfully and sometimes teasingly move around when 'at work'.

I assume 'Mary' is a famous judge on some baking contest on TV?! It seemed everyone knew/knows her and I had no clue who she was. The other one that she had asked to help William on the day of the party is probably also involved in the same program?!

All in all, imo it was a rather lightweight program that showcased some of the charities that William and Catherine are involved in and it was pleasant to see how the two of them joyfully and sometimes teasingly move around when 'at work'.

Mary has published over 75 cookbooks and hosted a number of television programs including "The Great British Bake Off." She is very well known in Britain and became known in the U.S. to those who follow cooking programs.

Nadiya won season 6 of "The Great British Bake Off."

Mary has published over 75 cookbooks and hosted a number of television programs including "The Great British Bake Off." She is very well known in Britain and became known in the U.S. to those who follow cooking programs.

Nadiya won season 6 of "The Great British Bake Off."

Thanks; her fame was clear from the program. How many seasons of the great British bake off are there; so, is season 6 (relatively) recent?

I don't watch baking/cooking programs but am somewhat aware of the success of the Dutch version (Heel Holland Bakt) but other than the name had no idea about the British version (which could very well be the original).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom