General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting for the DM to come up with a trailer to a big exclusive over the weekend.

Kate skips the one best social event of the season to stay home and safeguard her children from lurkers while battling nausea from her third pregnancy that hints of twins.

Yeps.. that sounds about right for the Daily Fail. Called a 1-2-3 punch. :eek:

I'm thinking the one, big social event of her season will be the China State visit state dinner. :princess2: It may be a lot less fun but...

Will all of you lovely people stop talking sense. There is a reason its nick named The Daily Fail. Given the comments the DOC gets on some boards and the fails comments sections, I would not want to go outside and attend any event and I don't have children. I know it is wrong to speculate but perhaps after two difficult pregnancies and potential ongoing nursing the woman is tired? You know HG can apparently make one anemic which can lead to tiredness.

And perhaps an even simpler explanation that totally makes sense to any woman that has breastfed. It is just too uncomfortable to be away for a longer period of time without being near the child and can potentially ruin a very beautiful outfit.

To be honest, we have no real clue into the wherefores and whys of this issue and to be honest, Kate doesn't owe us one.

^ I think your last sentence is a perfect summation of the whole thing. It is a private matter and not something that concerns anyone other than Kate and Will.

:previous: But this is the DMO where nothing is sacrosanct. If they can't find the "news" they invent it!

how strange that kate didn't make it, it was obviously some sort of last minute event as apparently her name was still at the main table:

‘The names William and Catherine Wales were written on the plan, which appeared on an antique-looking mirror,’ a source claims.
‘They were due to sit at the top table. Kate had been expected to attend.’

Read more: Kate Middleton misses wedding at last-minute but Prince William and Pippa attend | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And perhaps an even simpler explanation that totally makes sense to any woman that has breastfed. It is just too uncomfortable to be away for a longer period of time without being near the child and can potentially ruin a very beautiful outfit.

To be honest, we have no real clue into the wherefores and whys of this issue and to be honest, Kate doesn't owe us one.

I have a daughter currently b'feeding ...and her husband is military, he has various social events that he's required to attend. Normally she goes to all of them too however some of them don't allow children so she doesn't go.

I think this is probably along the lines of what Kate is dealing with as well.

LaRae

how strange that kate didn't make it, it was obviously some sort of last minute event as apparently her name was still at the main table:

As has been mentioned, she has two very small children. That can present all kinds of short-notice "problems" that might prevent someone from being able to get dressed up and go to a wedding. Heck, even without small children - sometimes people are just feeling under the weather and aren't able to make it somewhere. It's a private occasion, though, so there's no real reason we would know or need to know.

As I learned from Richard Palmer's Daily Express article, there is a toxic killer tree at Amner Hall, maybe Kate had to deal with that ?

Does anyone find it strange that they were listed as William and Catherine Wales? Why not use the correct HRH Duke & Duchess of Cambridge or just William & Catherine? These unnamed observers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

IMO, there's a fairly simple explanation for the breathtaking about face of the DM

1) Charlotte Griffiths got wind from someone related to the wedding who was selling a scoop that the D&D would be there.
2) She wrote and filed the story before the event actually took place, which is why it's factually wrong about Kate's presence.
3) It was published on Saturday night
4) Someone else scooped Sebastian Shakespeare the next day, who copied and pasted Charlotte's article and changed the first few paragraphs (keeping the errors in fact about Kate's previous wedding attendance) and published on Sunday night.

Of course, the DM is shockingly brazen to keep CG's original article still up.

People have to be very careful on how they portray the Cambridge family. William nor Catherine go out much, and they devote a great deal of time and energy to their family life. There's no doubt that when William is off from work, the guy is at home with his wife and children.

:previous: Intended to provoke I am sure, but way too obvious to have the desired effect I think.

Perhaps it's only sarcasm.:D

William was at the races with his male friends a couple of weeks ago, though. A photo was taken and I think Tom Van S. was with him in the group so he's not always at Amner when he's off duty.

As a mother of three and grandmother I know all about the exhaustion, need to feed baby etc., however, I do think it's a bit sad that Kate couldn't feel that she could join William at a lovely Devon village wedding, with her husband's friends around them. However tired you are, an enjoyable social occasion can revive you, as well as getting you out of the house and your daily routine. William has now been to several weddings on his own, which isn't the best either. I hope that Kate isn't suffering from a bit of post-natal depression.

Perhaps Catherine just enjoys being at home more than being social. Not everyone finds socializing invigorating, or relaxing. My thought is, that while William was at the wedding, Catherine may have asked the nanny to take the children, so that she could enjoy some alone-time. As someone who spends a great deal of time with small children, I cat attest to just wanting to be myself for a few hours during free moments, rather than spending those moments in a social setting, even if the occasion is something lovely, like a friend's wedding.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What relatively recently married couple with new children is only able to do what's "best." Grown up people make decisions that may not be "best" by anyone else's standards but work at that time and for them.

I'd like to suggest that the public over-analyzing their personal choices increases rather than decreases the issues this particular couple faces. Glass houses, people.

Perhaps Catherine just enjoys being at home more than being social. Not everyone finds socializing invigorating, or relaxing. My thought is, that while William was at the wedding, Catherine may have asked the nanny to take the children, so that she could enjoy some alone-time. As someone who spends a great deal of time with small children, I cat attest to just wanting to be myself for a few hours during free moments, rather than spending those moments in a social setting, even if the occasion is something lovely, like a friend's wedding.

Exactly. To me, socializing is exhausting.

William was at the races with his male friends a couple of weeks ago, though. A photo was taken and I think Tom Van S. was with him in the group so he's not always at Amner when he's off duty.

As a mother of three and grandmother I know all about the exhaustion, need to feed baby etc., however, I do think it's a bit sad that Kate couldn't feel that she could join William at a lovely Devon village wedding, with her husband's friends around them. However tired you are, an enjoyable social occasion can revive you, as well as getting you out of the house and your daily routine. William has now been to several weddings on his own, which isn't the best either. I hope that Kate isn't suffering from a bit of post-natal depression.

Very true!
William shouldn't always have to attend social events on his own- he's starting to look like Naruhito!

Kate has plenty of household help; she can accompany William on occasion without over-taxing herself.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Kate has been to three weddings on her own that I know of- including Sam Whaley-Cohen's in 2011 and her first cousin Adam Middleton's last year. No one complained that William didn't bother to show up.

They don't have to do everything together. Will can go play football with the guys, Kate and Pippa can check out the stores.

It's exhausting to me, too. I hate it. So I don't do it. But I can get away with not doing it. But the woman who set her cap at Prince William and is now married to the future King of England can't, because that makes her the future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort for the rest of her life if she outlives her husband, not just till retirement age. And if she really finds socializing exhausting she made a very, very poor career choice because there's no out for her. If she really feels that way then she's a fool.

Why on earth should anyone feel sorry for her? She has all the resources in the world available to her: nannies, nurses, housekeepers, maids, cooks, gardeners, and also family members to assist. Surely she can get out for a few hours to appear at an event with her husband. If she wants to be with him - or he with her - that is! It's entirely possible that neither of them wants to be in the company of the other.

Same here. I'm not a 'people' person at all for many reasons, so when I have to be pleasant, and social in an unfamiliar crowd, I become just the opposite. I think even the best of us, with kick-butt social skills can have days when being social is just not wanted.

It's exhausting to me, too. I hate it. So I don't do it. But I can get away with not doing it. But the woman who set her cap at Prince William and is now married to the future King of England can't, because that makes her the future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort for the rest of her life if she outlives her husband, not just till retirement age. And if she really finds socializing exhausting she made a very, very poor career choice because there's no out for her. If she really feels that way then she's a fool.

Why on earth should anyone feel sorry for her? She has all the resources in the world available to her: nannies, nurses, housekeepers, maids, cooks, gardeners, and also family members to assist. Surely she can get out for a few hours to appear at an event with her husband. If she wants to be with him - or he with her - that is! It's entirely possible that neither of them wants to be in the company of the other.

We're talking about a private event. And just because two people who are married are not attached at the hip all the time, doesn't mean they don't want to be with each other. It means they're independent enough to have their own pursuits, and interests.

I think the media and others online are making a big deal about this, because royal appearances are very slow in the month of August. Also, William & Catherine haven't done a joint official engagement since late July. Everybody and their grandmother know William & Catherine attend friends weddings (sometimes together and sometimes separate). It's nothing new at all.

Once their official engagements resume, people will move on about William's solo appearance at a wedding. I guess some engagement announcements will come soon.

To start making this about the state of their marriage is beyond ridiculous and very much unnecessary.

Last edited:
I am more surprise that online media have pick it up on this nonsense of a solo attendance at a wedding that on the last letter issued by KP...

I think this whole thing is so overblown. There could be a number of reasons why Kate didn't attend and I find it sad that the media is trying to shame her for not going to the wedding. It's not an official event, so who cares if she didn't go.

Sometimes staying home is the best solution though. I've missed a few social events because I was just too exhausted and knew that I wouldn't be good company.

Obviously the media couldn't think up anything else to beat up Catherine with than this silly story. I guess her press has been pretty good lately and some people couldn't stand it. They probably had their nose out of joint because of the recent paparazzi letter.

I think it's in the news because she meant to go and she didn't ...as simple as that no hidden agenda just doing the job their paid for.

That she was going is only from an unnamed source who claimed they saw a seating plan on a mirror. Newspapers have been known to make things up at times.

There are a number of possibilities,

1. It does not matter how many nannies you have she physically had the baby and she maybe is still not 100%.

2. They are probably invited to lots of society weddings and have possibly agreed that unless really close friends of both they will divide the invites between them, If not they could be at a wedding every weekend of the summer, it looks good to have royalty at your wedding, every former school chum will invite them.

3. One of the children could have been under the weather and she didn't want to leave them with the nanny,royalty or not she is their mother and a sick child wants their mum.

4.Could be pay back time by Catherine, remember some of her husbands so called friends made life difficult for her regarding her parents and middle class upbringing, she might just be refusing to turn up if she doesn't like them. she doesn't have to,

Obviously the media couldn't think up anything else to beat up Catherine with than this silly story. I guess her press has been pretty good lately and some people couldn't stand it. They probably had their nose out of joint because of the recent paparazzi letter.

my thoughts exactly. this is one of a few random 'stirring the pot' stories that have come out in the past week. this too shall pass.

4.Could be pay back time by Catherine, remember some of her husbands so called friends made life difficult for her regarding her parents and middle class upbringing, she might just be refusing to turn up if she doesn't like them. she doesn't have to,

Hmm. An interesting approach to payback. I would have thought that by not going she's giving them what they want: their friend and future king minus his mock-worthy, middle-class, wife.

In this situation, "payback" would be insisting on going, and swanning around showing off Big Blue and making it clear she is the future Queen Consort and thus more important in their social stratum than any of them, all the while knowing they don't really want her there but wouldn't dare say anything against her now.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Think this saying covers that
"Revenge is a dish best served cold" ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom