Felipe Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar News & Events 3 : May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duke, I didn't mean that Sofia put obstacles in the education of her daughters. I mean that she belongs to a generation and to a social circle, in which the learning or behavioral problems of the children were not openly recognized and were solved by paying for very expensive schools or strict and exclusive boarding schools.

Elena had much more difficulties studying than Felipe and Cristina, she had support teachers and went to private centers, not public ones. Although the Royal House never spoke openly about it, there was always talk that she had problems.

Felipe and Victoria have had academic problems, learning problems or the family situation due to the divorce of their parents, and the solution has gone through private schools, boarding schools abroad, a private American university... they have invested a lot of money in get the educational degrees, but it doesn't seem like they have done much work on solving the root of the problems.

@lula is fully right about Queen Sofia mentality. Herself just attended a nurse school in Salem Germany, nothing else. Furthermore King Konstantine also was very poorly educated, no degree, no High School out of Greece, nothing. This time it was not considered mandatory for a Royal to receive education, out of some foreign languages and some History courses, all these provided at home (Palace) by high diplomates or military people.
Going back to Q, Sofia, she was 2 generations behind her grandchildren, so her own mentality should not influence too much her grandkids.
Felipe got a high education because he was the heir and he was able to. Perfect.
Cristina got good education because she was willing and able to. Perfect also.
Elena had issues, it should not be known (don't forget that when Elena was at school they were under Franco, no need to communicate family issues... Since she had issues... they just managed to make her fulfill the traditional mandatory path and then what? Royal duties while waiting to be married...full stop.

But if already Elena had issues, might have been expected her kids to have issues also. At her eyes matter was less serious for Victoria than for Froilan. Most of rich people, when their kids have leaning issues, just think that there's no big deal, since they are rich, so no fuss.
Furthermore for me the issue for Froilan is not the education but the behavior. Not everyone on world has degrees but they don't get involved in fightings...
As for Victoria she has the usual path of upper class rich girls. Going out, being an It girl thanks to her roots and connections and all ok, till she will do a nice wedding.

Last edited:
Little point in Don Felipe hiding his face as they know well who he is!

It's probably a good thing that he is leaving the country.

He's in night clubs several times a week and there are always problems. This latest instance there were drugs being circulated in the clubs and minors were present. Also the cops were called.
Froilan is just a walking disaster waiting to happen.

It is already known what Felipe Juan Froilán will do in Abu Dhabi. Froilán goes to work for a large oil company in the United Arab Emirates. It is currently unknown what his role will be. Froilán is not expected to live with King Juan Carlos.

The company where Froilán will work has taken care of finding a house on the marina in line with his social status, so he doesn't have to worry about anything.
https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/...u-dabi-todos-los-detalles-20230213-002593069/

It is already known what Felipe Juan Froilán will do in Abu Dhabi. Froilán goes to work for a large oil company in the United Arab Emirates. It is currently unknown what his role will be. Froilán is not expected to live with King Juan Carlos.

The company where Froilán will work has taken care of finding a house on the marina in line with his social status, so he doesn't have to worry about anything.
https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/...u-dabi-todos-los-detalles-20230213-002593069/

It's looks bad that the life of 4th person in line to the Spanish throne has been an out-of-control train wreck since early on. Makes me wonder had he been raised by more strict parents, like Felipe and Letizia, he won't have been embroiled in one mess after another one.

I assume he will live the grand life over there, like a younger version of grandpa Juan Carlos, and at some point settle down. Can you imagine if Juan Carlos get him to marry a local princess? :ohmy:

Anyway, hope he grows out of that man child stage over there so the Spanish newspapers stop using him to attack the King. He is not in charge of his sisters' children, but every scandal is used against the family in general.

He would have to convert to Islam first;)

And there are no local princesses: UAE has sheikhs and sheikhas. Unless there are a few princesses from neighboring countries living in Abu Dhabi (as Saudi Arabia does have princesses) - which wouldn't surprise me.

First photo of Felipe Juan Froilán in Abu Dhabi. He attended a padel tournament in the Master Golf Padel Master 2023 of World Padel Tour.

*Photo *Article

I just found a nice source of news with a dedicated Royal House news tab. Translate it to English if it loads in Spanish.

Froilán's first days in Abu Dhabi: his new job, his home, leisure

Excerpts

He has no roof and, at the moment, he is living with his grandfather on the Island of Nurai, which you know has a house there ceded by the royal family, "said Ángela Portero in El programa de Ana Rosa. To date, the son of Jaime de Marichalar is housed in a house of more than a thousand square meters, valued at about 11 million euros.

New life for Froilán and very different from the one he had in our country...two important changes. The first is that, after exceeding six months of residence in Abu Dhabi, the nephew of Felipe VI will not pay taxes in Spain. And the second, that the cameras will no longer place him in the media eye, because the laws of the Arab Emirates prevent taking images of strangers and paparazzi are prohibited.

Last edited:
And there are no local princesses: UAE has sheikhs and sheikhas. Unless there are a few princesses from neighboring countries living in Abu Dhabi (as Saudi Arabia does have princesses) - which wouldn't surprise me.
The Sheikhas are technically princesses in a way so, but anyways I highly doubt Juan Carlos would force or even consider Froilan to marry one of the Sheikhas or princesses of the Gulf.

The Sheikhas are technically princesses in a way so, but anyways I highly doubt Juan Carlos would force or even consider Froilan to marry one of the Sheikhas or princesses of the Gulf.
I don't see why JC would have the idea to interfere into a possible future marriage for his 1st grandson, and, if he did, why it would be with a local Scheikha, of another religion and mentality.
With a Spanish aristocrat could bear a logoc, but why with a Sheikha?
Just a reminder, when he was King he didn't stop his own son's marriage, so ...

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't see why JC would have the idea to interfere into a possible future marriage for his 1st grandson, and, if he did, why it would be with a local Scheikha, of another religion and mentality.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

And Felipe Juan Froilan is even untitled :flowers:

It's looks bad that the life of 4th person in line to the Spanish throne has been an out-of-control train wreck since early on. Makes me wonder had he been raised by more strict parents, like Felipe and Letizia, he won't have been embroiled in one mess after another one.

Don Felipe de Marichalar turns 25 this summer and has hopefully matured into a young man :previous:

Victoria Federica and Felipe Froilán have transferred through Vanitatis a very special congratulations for their father, Jaime de Marichalar, on his 60th birthday.

Felipe Juan Froilán:
"Dad, I wish you a good day, congratulations on your birthday. Although I won't be able to be with you, you know I'll miss you a lot, although I'm very well here. You know I'm waiting for you and I'm looking forward to seeing you. A kiss very big and congratulations”.

Victoria Federica:
"Dad, a very strong kiss and many congratulations on your 60th birthday. What an illusion, thank you for all these years that we have spent together, with so many wonderful memories. I love you very much, I will continue trying to follow your example. With all my love and affection" .
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...lan-felicitan-padre-jaime-marichalar_3607159/

Victoria Federica is photographed for an advertisement for a well-known eyewear brand.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...lusivas-nueva-imagen-de-multiopticas_3612605/

Last edited by a moderator:

And Felipe Juan Froilan is even untitled :flowers:

Felipe de Marichalar (and every other non-HRH child of an Infanta or Infante) is a Grandee of Spain under the provisions of the royal decree of November 12, 1987, which means that he belongs to the highest rank of the Spanish nobility, equivalent to a duke. As a Grandee, he is formally addressed as Excelentísimo Señor, which is roughly translated as His Excellency and could be compared to the usage of "Lord" in the UK.

In the past, the special status of Grandees of Spain meant that they were obliged to obtain the monarch's consent to marry, although this legal requirement has now expired.

So while I agree that King Juan Carlos is probably not occupying himself with matchmaking for his grandson Felipe, I do not think that has anything to do with being untitled. I doubt he will attempt to arrange marriages for the Princess of Asturias or Infanta Sofia, either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom