Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an old article in Hola about who resembles who in their opinion. I agree with them on Leonor and Letizia, Sofia and Cristina (at first I thought the photo was of Sofia until I read the caption), Isabella and Frederik and Ingrid Alexandra and Haakon. Out of the Dutch Princesses, I think Ariane (rather than Alexia as the article thinks) resembles Maxima the most and Amalia resembles WA the most. I think Alexia is a mixture of the two. I'm not sure who Gabriel and Felipe de Maricharlar resemble the most. Here's the article:

Príncipes a princesas, princesas a príncipes: ¿parecidos reales?

For those who don't use/have Google (Google should give you an automatic translation), here's the translation of the article:
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...es/&rlz=1C2AFAB_enGB459GB465&biw=1366&bih=623

Last edited:
Leonor is a mix of Felipe, Letizia, and Queen Sofia.

Sofia...it's hard to tell.

Amalia--her father and Princess Beatrix
Alexia--clone of Maxima
Ariane--all Willem-Alexander

Prince Aymeric of Belgium looks a like his father Prince Laurent.

Prince Emmanuel of Belgium and his sister Princess Eléonore of Belgium - They appropriate mixing their parents, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.

Little Prince Vincent of Denmark resemble his older brother Prince Christian of Denmark,
Little Princess Josephine of Denmark resemble her older sister Princess Isabella of Denmark.

Baby Princess Estelle of Sweden resemble her father Prince Daniel of Sweden!

Leonor is a mix of Felipe, Letizia, and Queen Sofia.

Sofia...it's hard to tell.

Amalia--her father and Princess Beatrix
Alexia--clone of Maxima
Ariane--all Willem-Alexander

I see some King Juan Carlos in Sofia.

Also, I see King Harald in Sverre Magnus

Last edited:
Yes, Leonor got her daddy's eyes, not the just the color but the shape as well. But aside that, she is more her mommy, at least now, when she was a baby and toddler she was so mini Felipe but right now she's more Letizia in a lot of ways, not just lips, nose, etc... but also her pretite figure and gesture.

I was perusing the Unofficial Royalty page, and I found a picture of David Armstrong-Jones, Princess Margaret's son, and he looks very much like his father, Earl Snowdon.

From Danes,
Frederik: all Margrethe
Christian: mixture of Frederik and Mary
Isabella: all Frederik
Vincent: I'm not sure about this kid. He is so cute, he must got all the cutest genes of the family.
Josephine: I'm not sure about her, too. I don't see any Frederik on her face.
Nikolai: mixture of Joachim and Alexandra
Felix: mainly Joachim. And I know this is weird but sometimes I think that he looks like his stepfather Martin.
Henrik: mainly Joachim and a little Marie.
Athena: so small to tell now

Felix: mainly Joachim. And I know this is weird but sometimes I think that he looks like his stepfather Martin.

After Henrik, Felix is the one who looks most like Joachim of all four kids. The rumours about him being Martin's son are ridiculous and fabricated by the tabloids. These are not the best pictures for comparisons, but anyway:

Prince Joachim ** Prince Felix

My new (and old) opinions of who resembles who:

Britain

HM: Queen Mary
Charles: Not sure
Anne: HM, Queen Mary
Andrew: Not sure
Edward: HM
Louise: Queen Mary, HM, Anne as a child, Edward, Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood
James: Not sure
Linley: Lord Snowdon
Charles: Serena
Margarita: Linley, Princess Margaret, Sarah Chatto, Serena, Lord Snowdon

Spain

Juan Carlos: Not sure
Felipe: Not sure
Leonor: Letizia, Infanta Margarita Theresa (the little Infanta in the Diego Velázquez portraits)
Sofia: Juan Carlos, Cristina
Cristina: Not sure
Her children: Not sure
Elena: Sofia, Queen Maria Cristina
Victoria Federica: Elena
Frolian: Not sure

Norway

Harald: Olav V
Haakon: Not sure
Ingrid Alexandra: Haakon, Mette-Marit as a child
Sverre Magnus: Mette-Marit
Martha Louise: Not 100 % sure, although I see a bit of Sonja in her
Her children: Not sure

The Netherlands

Beatrix: Not sure
WA: Claus
Amalia: WA
Alexia: Maxima
Ariane: WA, Maxima
Constantijn: Claus

Denmark

Margrethe: Not sure
Frederik: Not sure
Christian: Mary
Isabella: Frederik
Vincent: Frederik
Josephine: Mary
Joachim: Not sure
Nikolai: Not sure
Felix: Not sure
Little Henrik: Marie
Athena: Marie

Sweden

Carl Gustaf: Not sure
Victoria: Silvia
Estelle: Victoria, Silvia, Carl Gustaf as a baby, a tiny bit of Daniel
Madeleine: Silvia
Carl Philip: Carl Gustaf

Last edited:
imo Victoria's smile is her dad's smile at the same age...it just very rare to see CG smile :flowers:
WA is very much an "Oranje" :)

They're distant relations so I guess this post belongs here.

I found this photo of a baby HM and Queen Mary whilst browsing in Queen Mary's thread the other day, and noticed a rather striking resemblance to Princess Isabella of Denmark (2), (3).

(I'm going off-topic here but HM was an adorable baby and child!)

Last edited:
My new (and old) opinions of who resembles who:

Britain

HM: Queen Mary
Charles: Not sure
Anne: HM, Queen Mary
Andrew: Not sure
Edward: HM
Louise: Queen Mary, HM, Anne as a child, Edward, Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood
James: Not sure
Linley: Lord Snowdon
Charles: Serena
Margarita: Linley, Princess Margaret, Sarah Chatto, Serena, Lord Snowdon

I love that Louise looks like so many members of her family. She is most definitely a Windsor and is the most Windsorian of the Queen's grandchildren.

Princess Mary - Louise and Zara look a lot like Mary.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has the same dark curly hair as the first Bernadotte king Carl XIV Johan and his son king Oscar I.

I love that Louise looks like so many members of her family. She is most definitely a Windsor and is the most Windsorian of the Queen's grandchildren.

Princess Mary - Louise and Zara look a lot like Mary.

Wow, Zara is almost a carbon copy of Mary, hadn't realised that till now.

I think Prince Vincent looks like his grandpa Prince Henrik
Isabella, oh course looks like her father and little of her maternal grandfather John Donaldson
Prince Christian looks like a cross between Mary and Margrethe
Josephine looks like Mary

Estelle looks like a split between Victoria, Daniel and Silvia

Last edited:
I think Estelle is a cross between Victoria and Daniel myself. Sometimes I see Daniel in her, sometimes Victoria.

I think Leonor is a little like Letizia.

I can definitely agree about Zara and Louise looking like Mary, Louise more so I think. Judging from the most recent pictures of Louise, I say, and it has been said many times, she is the spitting image of her grandmother, The Queen as a young girl!

I can't say how many times I have gotten Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary mix up. But has anyone notice the resemblance between them?

Attachments

• alexandra mary.jpg
    alexandra mary.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,473
  • elizabeth ii mother.jpg
    elizabeth ii mother.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 942
It's the hair. It's totally the hair.

Most of the people talk about how prince george look like the Middleton side. But I don´t completly agree.
To me he has a great resemblence with his grandfather Prince Charles and with his father Prince William.

Prince George yesterday:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ncOAViaJD...icle-2598337-1CE401DF00000578-784_634x985.jpg

Prince Charles as a baby:
http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/files/2012/12/460_princecharles.jpg

http://static3.akpool.de/images/cards/28/289154.jpg

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/392111/baby-prince-charles.jpg

Prince William as a baby:
http://parade.condenast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/prince-william-baby-photo-3-ctr.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/im.../william-baby.jpg?uuid=Ry_ospwfEeCAF-FDB7JFGg

:previous: I agree, George is all William and Charles. I used to think that he had Catherine's eyes, although now I disagree! It will be interesting to see who he resembles more as a child and adult, I'm guessing it'll remain as the Windsors. There are a lot of strong resemblances within the BRF.

He looks like William but with softer edges. Going to be very handsome as he grows up.

LaRae

He looks more like Charles than William. I don't think George looks like William at all.

If we have a picture of a 8-10 month old Michael or James Middleton then we can see if he looks like a Middleton. One bad picture of Kate is not enough.

Comparing same age photos:
He has Prince Charles' eyes, hair, cheeks and facial shape. The nose is hard to tell until the child is about 3 years old.

I think George mostly looks like the Middleton's but occasionally I see glimpses of William. It is easier to say George looks like William's family because there are thousands of pictures of him his brother his father etc. We've mostly seen the same 2 pictures of Kate as a baby.

George is a great mix of Catherine and Charles - predominantly Charles. He's such a beautiful baby, Charles was as well.

Going by those pics I say he does have a look of Charles but I also still do see some of Kate in him around the eye area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom