Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guillaume did a great choice!I like her already very much, and not only because she's belgian :D they'll be very happy, she looks really nice and sympathic!
And she's really beautiful!

Congratulations to them both! I wish their all the best and all the love this world contains :flowers::flowers:

Congratulations to the happy couple. While Stephanie is not a conventional beauty, she has the breeding, illustrious background and education to bring a variety of assets into her marriage and the royal family. She seems an engaging and personable young lady, important qualities to have. Guillaume has made a wise choice and I really look forward to their wedding.

Last edited:
It's wonderful news for Luxembourg and they look like such a lovely couple! My congratulations to them both and to their families and the people of Luxembourg!

She may not be today's ideal of "beautiful" but she has a lovely smile!

May they have a long and happy life together.

TBH, I don't see what makes her look so unappealing that we need to comment about it at length. She isn't a Grace Kelly, but very few people are. She seems pleasant and indeed has a very nice smile.

In an interview on VTM Stephanie's father says: I am happy with it, and so are they in Luxembourg so that is perfect'. He hopes that: 'They will continue to appreciate each other as they do now, spontanious and without a fuss. But that is not the style of Guillaume (marengo: the fuss).

Belgische wordt groothertogin Luxemburg | Het Nieuws

Last edited:
Any information on the lovely ring? Is it a family ring or a brand new ring?
No wedding date mentioned at the press conference?

Is the ring really a diamond?
It seems to have a distinct cast of color to it; I thought perhaps it might be an aquamarine or something of that sort.

I agree with Marengo. I don't understand the reason for all of the negative comments about the fianc[FONT=&quot]ée's looks. How many people are true beauties in the classic sense? And yet she is pretty, has a lovely smile, and - most important of all - both she and Guillaume look very happy. I don't remember this kind of commentary when Sophie of Isenburg became engaged to Georg-Friedrich of Prussia.

As for the engagement ring, it is beautiful. One of the most elegant that I've ever seen, and perhaps my favorite of all time. From these photographs, the center stone appears not to be a diamond, but I can't discern exactly what it might be.... It almost looks like a precious opal, although that would be an unusual (and very cool!) choice. Have any details about the ring been disclosed?
[/FONT]

We saw yesterday evening on RTL the Count Ph. de Lannoy (Stephanie’s Father) in his castle of Antoing . He was extremely weak and spoke very slowly saying how happy he was about this engagement. We did not see the Countess.
Is he ill ? was he ill ? I really don’t know and hope he will be better for the wedding.

Congratulations to the happy couple. While Stephanie is not a conventional beauty, she has the breeding, illustrious background and education to bring a variety of assets into her marriage and the royal family. She seems an engaging and personable young lady, important qualities to have. Guillaume has made a wise choice and I really look forward to their wedding.
[my bolding]
These points by far outweigh the looks.

I am happy to see the Count on the family pictures with his wife.

We saw yesterday evening on RTL the Count Ph. de Lannoy (Stephanie’s Father) in his castle of Antoing . He was extremely weak and spoke very slowly saying how happy he was about this engagement. We did not see the Countess.
Is he ill ? was he ill ? I really don’t know and hope he will be better for the wedding.

He has 90 years so it's understandable that he says slowly. On he photos he look good and will certainly enjoy the happiness of his daughter.

If Stephanie's father is 90, how old is her mother then?

If Stephanie's father is 90, how old is her mother then?

Her mother was born in 1941 so now she has 71 years old.

Stephanie has 2 sisters and 5 brothers. One of her brothers was born in 1966 so she is younger then him by 18 years. She is the youngest child of the couple.

Last edited:
The engagement did come out of the blue for me, at least. She seems like a lovely girl, very well educated, and they appear very much in love. Wonderful news! :champagne:

Her mother was born in 1941 so now she has 71 years old.

Stephanie has 2 sisters and 5 brothers. One of her brothers was born in 1966 so she is younger then him by 18 years. She is the youngest child of the couple.

Waw stéphanie's mother is already 71, and Stéphanie is 28, means she had her when she was 43 which is quit late for the 80's, even nowadays women can have kids ontheir 40's but it's still difficult.

When I first saw Stéphanie's pic, I thought she was something like 35, because she looks older than 28 (she's born february 18th, 1984).

Last edited:
The ring is definitely a diamond. Its an emerald cut with a pave setting.

And once again any word about the designer of a ring! Or I have passed something?

Count Philippe de Lannoy is born in 1922, he is indeed nearly 90 years old. His wife is born in 1941. Their first child in 1966 and last child Stephanie nearly 20 years later.
Grand Duke jean and Count Philippe de Lannoy (grandfather and father are from the same generation) .
Guillaume is the eldest grandson and Stephanie the youngest daughter !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom