Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a rumour started on a forum.

This is just a rumour started on a forum.

Hi Nena09, which one is the rumour? the wedding date set for april ? yes, i guess everybody knows by now that it was just a rumour. Or do u mean the whole wedding story is a rumour?!!!!:ohmy:

It is a fact Sheikh Hamdan is engaged and will marry but we just don't know when

Did you find any official announcement about the engagement ???because in the official website of Sheikh Hamdan they don't talk about it

Did you find any official announcement about the engagement ???because in the official website of Sheikh Hamdan they don't talk about it

Hi Shera, the engagement has always been officially announced in sheikh Hamdan's website since 23-12-2008 and the announcement was made in the sheikh Hamdan's news forum and it was not only approved but also signed by the forum's management team. And it has been there till date.

ÎØæÈÉ æáí ÚåÏ ÏÈí Úáì ßÑíãÉ ÇáÔíÎ ÓÚíÏ Âá ãßÊæã - :: ãäÊÏíÇÊ ÝÒÇÚ :: (its in arabic though)

:ermm: but is he married DubaiPosh? sorry but I can't read arabic..
have you hert anything about the date of his wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
No he is not married yet, but has been engaged since 23 Dec 2008 to Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum.
No Darling, i haven't heard anything about the wedding.:flowers:

can we see a picture of the bride?

ok i don't think they would stay engaged that long ....on the other hand i am nt musilm so i could be wrong any one know?

ok i don't think they would stay engaged that long ....on the other hand i am nt musilm so i could be wrong any one know?

Yes it is normal, its just like any other couple who get engaged and stay engaged for a few years.
It has nothing to do with Islam/religion.

Does anyone know why we have not yet seen Hamdan and Sheikha Sheikha together at any events? His sister Sheikha used to go to events when Nasser was there, like horsey stuff. So it can't be about tradition. I still think this engagement is just a rumour started on the net. All of these false wedding dates etc...I have yet to believe any of it. Just IMO.

...I still think this engagement is just a rumour started on the net. All of these false wedding dates etc...I have yet to believe any of it. Just IMO.
I understand that the absence of official announcements and the fact that the wedding has not yet happened may lead some members to doubt that CP Hamdan is engaged.
Post #185 above gives a credible source. Failing that, there are contributors to this Forum who have first-hand knowledge of Al Maktoum family affairs. They have confirmed, both publicly and privately, that the engagement to Sheikha Sheikha did indeed take place.

Ok why did they announce it there and not in a news paper she will be his officalwife roght??

I understand that the absence of official announcements and the fact that the wedding has not yet happened may lead some members to doubt that CP Hamdan is engaged.
Post #185 above gives a credible source. Failing that, there are contributors to this Forum who have first-hand knowledge of Al Maktoum family affairs. They have confirmed, both publicly and privately, that the engagement to Sheikha Sheikha did indeed take place.
I also saw the post by an annoymous poster on his forums...but the same members you claim have first-hand knowledge of the royal family's affairs also supported and believed all of these false wedding dates that were reported here again only based on heresay and rumor. Why is that??!

I'm not trying to be a 'party pooper,' but for her sake I hope the contract is signed sooner rather than later, because people around the globe who are independent and intelligent thinkers (not just following the herd) are beginning to wonder. Long engagements like this are not normal in the gulf, especially when the girl is already of marriagable age and they are in the same country, city, family, etc.

Also, I have checked with many various people, and this 'engagement' is not widely known by many people -even those who I know are close to al-maktoum family-outside of the internet realm and gossipy female circles of Dubai. I also agree that a newspaper announcement by the diwan or by the Crown Prince's Office is far more normal, more regal, and going according to precedent if they want to reach the maximum number of people. I find this discrepancy to be quite odd, and why not appear in public when his sisters are so 'out there' compared to other gulf royal ladies, in Abu Dhabi and other emirates in particular...even compared to their own mothers! Anyway, lets wish for the best for fazza3. He deserves it:flowers:!

C I AM NOT THE ONLY DOUBTING FOOL!:lol: WARREN I THINK WE'VE BEEN TICKED! I GOOGLE THE ENGAGMENET AND NOTHING ! AND SHEIK MO WOULD HAVE WANTED TO PARTY IT UP FOR HIS OLDEST SOOOO..... WE BEEN APRIL FOOLED :D

Agree ! It is very confusing to me some posts get deleted because they are labelled as "gossip" or "speculation", and other posts are from "reliable sources". Who are these reliable sources? I don't think anypne belonging to the inner circles of the Maks will post private info about them on the forums. :whistling:
Anyway, it would be a good thing if an official announcement was made in case of an engagement. I wish Hamdan all the happiness in the world, but i'm getting tired of this lingering. If he wants to get married, why wait :ermm:

No one in DXB who is near the power circles ever leaks information to the net, EVER! This *I* know as a cultural fact. You would be expelled otherwise like Bettina says.

I'm tired of the lingering also...I still doubt it is Sheikha, but lets hope that when and if Hamdan does find 'the One' that he does not linger and fights for it! We all want to see a happy ending.

We're all in the dark girlfriends...I don't know what to believe...SERIOUSLY...I've heard he's secretly married to some girl named Yasmin, no one knows the truth about that..Now he's engaged to his cousin? the marriage was suppost to be soon as we all know hasn't happened yet..Some say that he's engaged but the wedding date hasn't been set.... CONFUSING and CRAZY!!...And yes *Arabian Star said something important why isn't Sheikha Sheikha never seen in any events such as Horse Racing? (like sheikh Mo's daughters have? maybe she doesn't like horses? LOL or doesn't want to be seen by the public? ((((HELLO))) we're in 2010 get out of ur caves already!!! IMO he seems to be a free young guy who enjoys freedom... :D

Dates can be changed and the only wedding date that was mentioned was Jan 2010 but that got prospered. The April wedding was all a rumor and there was no credibility to that. It was just posted by a fan on the faza3 forums unlike the announcement that came official. Newspapers don't announce such events (engagements) since it is seen as a private thing, they also don't mention weddings before hand, the only info you will get is the pictures & articles in the next days paper. Things in the Gulf don't work like European houses which many don't realize.

About not seeing them in public, well it just doesn't happen. Sheikhs & Nasser have been seen "together" in public only after their marriage. Sheikha use to be seen in public before marriage and while engaged.

ok thanks we have to c

wat if it turns out to be 2011 and no wedding huh lol

I wont be surprised. This could be a long engagement like many engaged couples who wait a few years. Maybe he is waiting for her to finish her studies or maybe because of the Sheikh Ahmed and Sheikh Mubarak (for respect) wedding will be propounded till the end of the year, that is the case in a few weddings in the Al Nahyan family.
But for them not marrying soon after they got engaged doesn't mean that they are not engaged.

but waiting so long it may means that he doesn't love her so strong in order to marry her...

see Ia m not the only one think hamdan doesn't like this sheikha sheikha i wish we had someone from the uae to tell use the gossip about this:ermm:
Well that's the problem we have heard so many rumours and the wedding hasn't taken place yet and that's when people come up w/ rumours will he/ wont he marry Sheikha b/c it's taking so long to happen...:sad: We're all waiting for the big day and we're so curious to see who will be hamdan's bride!!:flowers: ;)

but waiting so long it may means that he doesn't love her so strong in order to marry her...

or it could mean that he respects the fact that she wishes to continue her studies and that is why he is waiting for her....
*believe it or not guys really can be considerate....my Muslim friend from pakistan is already engaged at 22 but her fiance is gna wait till she finishes med school before they officially tie the knot...cuz he knows it'll be hard for to study and take on duties of wife at the same time...

hmmmm ok i wish they were not soo private

hmmmm ok i wish they were not soo private

I wish they were not so private too..at first I could respect that as in that he wants to take some private time with his fiance (whoever she is) to get to know her and her family etc...but now it has been so long that I am like, come out with it already!!! Something should happen to make them come out of the woodwork soon hopefully.

i don't buy the 'she's studying so he's waiting to marry her' thing. I dont' believe that line with all due respects, because we all know none of these al-maktoum girls study!! or if they do not for long. So this is a complete JOKE first of all...its not like she's going to become a neurosurgeon or anything like that!!! Sheikha sheikha is a spoiled pampered princess with no well-rounded background..its not like she's enrolled at Wellesley! or Harvard or MIT! or something! Puhleeasse!....

:lol: you need to stop! Well maybe he married her aready and part of the deal was he didn't want to go public with her? Hmm this girl is 18 right one year older then me sooo whats the mean of the age that the women in her family get married?

or it could mean that he respects the fact that she wishes to continue her studies and that is why he is waiting for her....
*believe it or not guys really can be considerate....my Muslim friend from pakistan is already engaged at 22 but her fiance is gna wait till she finishes med school before they officially tie the knot...cuz he knows it'll be hard for to study and take on duties of wife at the same time...
that makes sense as well..it could totally be that...;)

wow...Arabian Star u really needed to vent :lol::lol::lol:
its not that i disagree wit u, i mean its tru that none of them has a well rounded education especially in this century, but i was jus giving a different point of view...(don't worry i didn't take it personally)...but i really loved ur "Puhleeasse":lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom