Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows two things:

lack of knowledge of military training - they started training for that parade the day the entered their training as marching is one of the first skills they learn and they learn all those skills very early - two to three days to perfect that parade is plenty after all the time they have spent doing parades.

whoever wrote it should be shot for writing so poorly - if that was written by one of my students I would be writing - use SENTENCES to break up your long-winded thoughts - poor construction.

Having a bad day?

i read the speech to my other half who spent over 20 years in the military andhe thought it hit all the right notes for these new officers. I accept what he says cos he was a Warrant Officer Class1 in the British Army. These are the people that officers go to when they are not sure what to do.

good speech, IMO and that of my WO1

I hadn't noticed the bit about camping in the garden, THAT is cute. My parents never did that with us, but their garden is much bigger and much more secure!

Shows two things:

lack of knowledge of military training - they started training for that parade the day the entered their training as marching is one of the first skills they learn and they learn all those skills very early - two to three days to perfect that parade is plenty after all the time they have spent doing parades.

whoever wrote it should be shot for writing so poorly - if that was written by one of my students I would be writing - use SENTENCES to break up your long-winded thoughts - poor construction.
uhm...:eek:
While I agree, that the sentence is quite long and weird in construction, we don't know if the speech has been transfered to the monarchy site as it should be, even so, knowing Sophie ability to speak and read, I'm sure it was said with perfect pronunciation.
Btw, prefer speech written from the bottom of the heart by Sophie, than automatic speech that would be written for her.
PS Sorry for all the mistakes I could have made, as english is not my native languge. Don't shoot me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Anna. I love the photo with the majority of them at the front of the boat. Sophie looks beautiful and I didn't realise the Gloucester's and Duke of Kent were there too.

Nice pictures, we don't see the royals on country pursuits like we used to.

The pictures are no longer on the article. What a bummer.

I used to love seeing images of the family on their annual hunts at Sandringham and Balmoral.

Nice pictures, we don't see the royals on country pursuits like we used to.

The media are now banned from taking photos of the family during private time on the Sandringham and Balmoral estates. I can understand why but yes it was nice to see them being real country people.

Yeah, I understand the privacy issues though.

There aren't any other photos from that church visit on Corbis images are there? None came up when I looked it up. I posted the same photo from Sophie's side of the car in the family events thread.

There aren't any other photos from that church visit on Corbis images are there? None came up when I looked it up. I posted the same photo from Sophie's side of the car in the family events thread.
No idea. I cannot view all Sophie's images at Corbis. Some are not available for me, and I get a blank page. I see in total 127 pics of Sophie, and they must have more.

Wow, another tour for earl & Countess, they will visit Canada, again, around November.
50th Anniversary Gala
Video from Halle opening from few months back.
Hallé Uncovered 3: Hallé St.Peter's Royal Opening - YouTube
And article from The Worshipful Company of Glovers
that shows gloves that were given to the Countess.
Livery Lunch with HRH | Dents Leather Gloves

Yesterday was even called Fashion Matters that Sophie attended.
I found a tweet:
Charles Hanson ‏@HansonsAuctions 19h Also at the charity auction was HRH Countess of Wessex. I sold her a painting only to be informed she was bidding on the wrong lot!
But sadly, not a single pic :(

She bidded on the wrong item? I love her! That is something I would do. Nice to see them in Canada again. They do go to Canada a lot and it's nice that they have a private secretary and a lady-in-waiting there. They obviously enjoy visiting Canada.

Hmmmm...I'm waiting on word of foot surgery in Toronto. It would nice if I was down there around the same time TRH are.

:O I love that dress. It's so beautiful! Sophie's waist is so small in the dress!

I loved that little cake for James. It was made for May 2012, around the same time as the one they made for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I love the fact that his name is on the number plate! It says it was for his birthday but his birthday is in December... I love that he sent a handmade card back though. How adorable!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom