Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Los Angeles, California - July 8-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the timeline they are set to arrive at 3:30pm PT so that should be very soon if they keep to that.... No live feed yet though..

Last edited:
William and Catherine's North American tour was a magnificent success. Why do people all over the world have such a fondness for the BRF? Well, people somethings should be left unexplained and just be enjoyed. Unfortunately, there will always be individuals that search for or even invent instances of poor performance...to all of those individuals if you are willing to share your thoughts then be prepared to have them challenged...in a civilized fashion of course...

With that let me nullify one of their arguments by posting it before one they can, I feel doing so will dispel its usage...here we go:

Ten days of royal tour is not enough to erase the amount of time she wasn't working before she married William.

Did I get it right?

Photos from this afternoon
Cuuute!! Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

Handprints Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
Job fair
Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

This made me laugh
http://www.newscom.com/nc//displayO...HZ=Y&searchVT=Y&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

Regaleyes Mark Stewart

'Doors to automatic' for the crew looking after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their flight home #Royaltour

K I'm off sooo tiired .What an amazing trip! I miss them already. Well done William and Catherine!

Last edited:
Photos from this afternoon
Cuuute!! Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

Handprints Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
Job fair

This made me laugh

K I'm off sooo tiired .What an amazing trip! I miss them already. Well done William and Catherine!

Get some rest....you have earned it! Thank you for everything you've done! I hope they come back again...

Last edited:
The plane they are in is leaving now, isn't it?

I believe so. This was a great tour to follow. Now, I hope they get as much rest as they can. They've earned it.

And they're off!
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/11...36CC35593C4E9C430681E2EC7F1DBE30A760B0f811297
http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Se...&family=editorial&p=cambridge&assetType=image
http://www.daylife.com/search?q=cambridge
Get some rest....you have earned it! Thank you for everything you've done! I hope they come back again...

Thanks! Shall do but it seems like I'm addicted now haha I tried leaving for a few mins and I soo can't I keep coming back. I agree hope it won't be too long before they return. Already looking forward to the next tour.

Last edited:
And that was it; they are coming back to 'my' continent (and theirs) :D :p

This tour has been a joy for me and many others!!

William has married a jewel - IMO, one can only admire her stamina and perseverance.

Last edited:
The Tour was just an expected success,but the people could gather at the happy couple and have their own impressions

how long before they get home? i take it this wont be a direct flight...anyone know where they will land to refuel?

He wanted to name the turtle Harry....I am dying of cuteness...:)
:lol: I also liked the bit where he was discussing what facial expression the turtle should have; happy, surprised, or...crazy :D. I can see him as a parent already. He's very much in touch with his inner child. And of course the 'I've made a mess, haven't I?' I'm seeing a scenario of a family art project where the children are not the ones going crazy with paint, but HE is. Catherine will have her hands full :lol:. They both would have made wonderful nursery/early elementary school teachers if they didn't need to worry about being a king and a consort.

Now they can both get out of their formal clothes & put on some jeans/tshirts/sweats and enjoy the flight home!

It was great to see them for 2 weeks straight and they did so well!

I have a couple of things to share:

1. Ghost, you did a great job keeping us up-to-date on the goings on of the Cambridges, thank you. Have you thought of a career in journalism?

2. I'm already going through Cambridge withdrawal. Sigh!

I have a couple of things to share:

1. Ghost, you did a great job keeping us up-to-date on the goings on of the Cambridges, thank you. Have you thought of a career in journalism?

2. I'm already going through Cambridge withdrawal. Sigh!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I've lost it completely when I started feeling sad that they've left.

I think Ghost deserves a position as a royal correspondent for BBC. She had some great finds.

Sigh....Miss them already, though I haven't been able to keep up with them as well as they were here in Canada. Glad they seemed to enjoy Cali.

I had so much fun watching them on this trip!! Big thanks to all who posted pics and links (especially Ghost!!!) I guess I'll have nothing left to do but watch footage again.

I think they did a great job. They were fun and casual when needed and serious when needed. You could see they were happy together and clearly William has been there showing Kate the way. I did love the Dana comment I couldn't remember the name of the cat when I first saw that picture. But a Garfield tail is great. I think Kate looked good just very safe and I think she learnt how important those weights in hems were!

Thank you to everyone who posted all the links and pictures. Since I have been extra busy, I appreciate the chance to go back and see everything.

Hello! I am new to The Royal Forum and very happy to be here. I live in California (in the Bay Area - too far from L.A.) and was happy to just be in same state and HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I will also experience withdrawal from the tour being over. I was obsessed with following them for eleven days. My question to The Royal Forum is this: Will and Catherine did not wave as they left on the plane. I understand they stood and looked back but did not wave. Is that normal protocol? I worry Prince William wasn't happy. Does anyone know about The Royal Family's etiquette on waving vs. not waving? Thank you!

Prince William and wife, Catherine, drop in at Inner-City Arts
July 10, 2011 | 4:50 pm

Prince William and wife, Catherine, drop in at Inner-City Arts - latimes.com

At one point, Catherine turned to her husband and said, "William, do you know what you're doing? Start from the center." After a few moments, he turned back to his wife and said, "Catherine, what are you supposed to do?" She laughed and instructed him again. :lol:
They're so freakin adorable! :wub:

Hello! I am new to The Royal Forum and very happy to be here. I live in California (in the Bay Area - too far from L.A.) and was happy to just be in same state and HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I will also experience withdrawal from the tour being over. I was obsessed with following them for eleven days. My question to The Royal Forum is this: Will and Catherine did not wave as they left on the plane. I understand they stood and looked back but did not wave. Is that normal protocol? I worry Prince William wasn't happy. Does anyone know about The Royal Family's etiquette on waving vs. not waving? Thank you!
Welcome to TRF--it's usually lots of fun here, and you will learn amazing things. Yes, the Royal Family frequently waves, and since William and Catherine 'planely' had a good time in Cali, I woudn't worry that they didn't wave. They were smiling, and that's what counts.

I, too, am going through withdrawal. I've been getting on the computer so often these ten days, that it is downright embarassing. I've been telling my husband more than he wants to know about it all. When I told him about the PEI lobster comments and about the girl who called William the "Dootch", he (my husband) said, "Is it always this funny?"

I missed the young British actors etc that were present, I just saw what the DM likes to call the glitteratti, and the headlines were something along the lines of Hollywood royalty meets British royalty. If they were representing BAFTA well it might help these young people get into the Hollywood scene. It just baffles me how the fact that the heir to the heir and his new wife being present at this occasion is important enough to describe them as ambassadors. Let us hope that when these young actors use the numbers on the visiting cards they were given, and the Prince is not present, that they will get answers to their calls.

I did to! I only saw the Hollywood types. I agree with the rest of what you said. After all the point of the event was to celebrate the British film industry but it seemed more like they were celebrating the American industry. :ermm:

how long before they get home? i take it this wont be a direct flight...anyone know where they will land to refuel?
Brittish Air from LAX to Heathrow is a direct flight. My guess an eight to nine hours flight.

Let me just get this out now: I SAW THEM IN LA!

I had heard a lot of naysaying about the opportunities to see the couple, but decided to take a chance and camp out for the BAFTA event, which was given minimal exposure in the LA media compared to the "$4000 Polo Match!!". And it was amazing.

What made it worthwhile for me was the people who were also there waiting hours for the Royal Couple. It was a great atmosphere, with everyone being just so damn happy about...everything. Everyone was so kind and united in their admiration for the royals. It made the experience so special. The reaction to the Hollywood stars were NOTHING compared to William and Kate. When that motorcade arrived, you could just feel the excitement.

The Duke exited the car right in front of where I was - such a great memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom