Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Camilla turns the ruby necklace into a tiara and small necklace set.

I think the emeralds could work well in a tiara, but I suspect they will need a lot of diamonds around them to be a really attractive tiara. Also, I think big tiaras work best for Camilla because of her hair, so the resultant tiara would need quite a lot of "height"

You're right, muriel. Bigger tends to look better on Camilla. Say for instance Camilla borrowed Mette-Merit's beautiful little daisy tiara (the one MM married in)... it would be totally lost on Camilla. But borrow some of Silvia's big Swedish tiaras... Camilla would look gorgeous. If the day ever comes, we'll get the fun of seeing Camilla wear some great tiaras besides the Delhi Durbar tiara.

If the day ever comes, we'll get the fun of seeing Camilla wear some great tiaras besides the Delhi Durbar tiara.

I take it you mean "when the day comes....":rolleyes:

You are right, she would look lovely in some of the larger tiaras that are gathering dust at Buck House.

I personally am not a fan of the big hair-big tiara look. For me big tiaras are ok if the hair is flat or gathered, and big hair goes well with a bandaue or fringe tiara.

New member pizzo has come up with a, umm.. startling revamp of the Saudi ruby necklace. Check it out in the photoshopping thread. :shock:

Last edited:
:previous: Wonderful, terrific, stunning, amazing, I'm gobsmacked! Perhaps just a tad too high, but then, what's a cm or two here or there between fellow jewellry addicts.

Even if she turned the Saudi necklace into a two-tiered tiara, she'd still have a lot of stones left. But I wish she'd dismantle the whole piece and have something more attractive created, maybe a grand tiara and some other matching pieces.

:previous:
Wouldn't that be slightly disrespectful towards the Saudi Royal Family? It was a gift, after all (and not a cheap one too).

It's not unusual for gifts to be altered--Diana altered a whole sapphire suite.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, does anybody have any close up photos of the cubbit-shand tiara. Ive been searching endlessly for some photos and history in it but no luck. Does anyone know what its made out of and the motif?

hey, does anybody have any close up photos of the cubbit-shand tiara. Ive been searching endlessly for some photos and history in it but no luck. Does anyone know what its made out of and the motif?

You should find pictures of the tiara in the thread about the wedding of Camilla's daughter, Laura in 2006.

Fabulous! Thank you so much! Its quite an interesting tiara, pretty, delicate and messy at the same time. If did not get lost in Camilla's hair I would love it if she wore it more often.

WOW, we have waited for a very long time for the Emeralds to make an appearance. I think I like them I will wait for a better close up before I make up my mind. They can always be set with some larger diamonds from the royal collection later on.​

New member pizzo has come up with a, umm.. startling revamp of the Saudi ruby necklace. Check it out in the photoshopping thread. :shock:

It looks like a rather unfortunate kokoshnik. If she were really to have it converted to a tiara, to be fair, it would be smaller than it appears in that photoshopped version. I happen to think it'd be a perfect candidate not only for transformation into a tiara, but probably has enough stones to supply an entire parure. Only, the design definitely could use some modification...

this may be off the topic, but Laura PB/Lopez is a pretty woman, a pleasure for the eyes...

this may be off the topic, but Laura PB/Lopez is a pretty woman, a pleasure for the eyes...

She is a very beautiful woman. I would love to one day see her in her mothers jewels. Or at least one necklace. :flowers:

:previous: Certainly anything privately owned by Camilla, but I wouldn't much appreciate seeing Laura wear anything belonging to the royal family, and so therefore, the state. Non non.

I don't think Laura is a particularly attractive young (but neither was her mother). I'm sure Camilla wouldn't lend out royal heirlooms, she's a sensible woman, although she might let her wear private gifts. It doesn't look like Laura's going to have a life full of grand occasions so we probably won't see that happen often.

WOW, we have waited for a very long time for the Emeralds to make an appearance. I think I like them I will wait for a better close up before I make up my mind. They can always be set with some larger diamonds from the royal collection later on.​

Quite right. There are enough large emeralds in the necklace to make a very substantial tiara and a serious necklace if enough diamonds were used to complement the emeralds.

I agree jcb, she looks wonderful, but I wish that we could see something different. I'd love to see her wearing amethysts.
Hi there. I am very glad to see Camilla finally wearing the royal jewels and yes i personally think that the Kent Demi Parure would look stunning on Camilla. I love Amethysts myself. There is just something magical about them. Is there anyone that can help me with close up pics of the Kent Demi Parure, because you do not see it alot or read about it alot. I would love to know more about it. I am a Royal Jewels fan.

I was over on the Royal Jewels of the World site and there is a link to the Lady Diana Discussion Board regarding the Prince of Wales Feather Pendant; in a nutshell, Diana wore Queen Alexandra's. Queen Alexandra had one made for Mary when she was elevated to PoW--and that Camilla wears Queen Mary's. This information comes from Leslie Field--here's the link. But, I recommend reading the entire thread. It's very interesting.
The Lady Diana Discussion Board: Re: Prince of Wales Feather Pendant

The Royal JEwels of the World discussion about this new information:
http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1250062908.html

Last edited:
:previous:
Just in case this is not permanent I'll quote from The Lady Diana Discussion Board: Re: Prince of Wales Feather Pendant

excerpt courtesy of The Lady Diana Discussion Board and poster Rae, 12 August 2009

Ms. Field was kind enough to point out to me a few differences in the design of each emblem: for one, the POW feathers in each were noticeably different - Diana's emblem had longer feathers, with less 'foldover' at the top, and the coronet was set lower on the 'stem' of the feathers. Her pendant was also longer, and has several more diamonds around the edge. The cabochon emerald drop on Diana's pendant is also a darker green that the one on Camilla's brooch. Also, Diana's drop was removable-Camilla's is not.

While Diana's royal pieces were returned to the Queen's collection after her death, they will only be passed on to the wives of her sons and future female descendants in her direct line.

I haven't read through the entire discussion on both boards so there may be more to say one way or the other.

Not so much jewellery, more a regimental badge and miniature.
Courtesy of dazzling in the British Forum,
The DOC met injured soldiers at the armed forces rehabilitation centre in Surrey including soldiers from her own regiment, 4th Battalion The Rifles, of which she is Royal Colonel.

--> DOC regimental badge and miniature

DoC wearing a multi-strand choker with what appears to be sapphire, and the rock crystal and diamond deco brooch--but I can't find a pic, just a video--for the Land Girls tea party

The Duchess of Cornwall has worn a new brooch to an evening event in Bath.
Thankyou to RJWMB and poster [apologies forgot posters name.]

What a lovely bow! Not exactly classic, but definitely lovely!
Any ideas about its materials?

It is probably art deco, platinum, diamonds, sapphires. I love it--but odd to wear sapphires with emerald green--at least in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom