Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Oriental Circlet is reserved for Queens per Queen Victoria's designation.

True, but there are some rather good Photoshopped pictures of Kate wearing it over at Pinterest for those interested. It really does look good on her. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's possible I suppose...the boys should have all her personal jewelry like that.

LaRae

Hopefully we will see it... she could really pull that off.

LaRae

Diana's personal jewellery has been left to the 2 sons, the royal jewels that she wore were not "hers".. and will be I suppose used by royal women as they need them or the monarch gives them out?

Some of Dianas jewellery must surely have been put aside for Harry's future wife.:ohmy:

Yes of course...the boys got her personal jewelry ...we don't know for sure how they decided to divide it. Until Harry marries and his wife wears any of Diana's jewelry we won't know.

Could be too they have it in a pool for either wife to use.

LaRae

I'd hope at least a few of Diana's jewels wold be kept aside for Harry's wife. It would be a shame if Kate got to debut all of them first.

Folks,

No one have to worry about Catherine getting all Diana's jewels. Of course Harry's future wife will wear some pieces, but she can also wear some pieces Catherine is currently wearing too.

I hope that 'Mrs Harry' who will [likely] get the Sapphire and Pearl Choker, won't be tempted to mess about with it...
It is an exquisite piece, and now 'iconic', being 'St' Diana's only [known] contribution to jewellery design, and her best known piece, aside from 'the ring'...

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with Dman on this one. In the future, I can well imagine two sister in laws getting dressed for an occasion, joking with each other and back and forth on the phone with each other and stating things like "Oh! Mum's sapphires will go good with that" or "You should wear Mum's pearl bracelet with that".

That's what family does. As time passes, I can imagine that Kate will be close friends with whomever Harry marries. There won't be any competition at all.

I wish Kat wouldn't have to wear any of Diana's jewelry. There are already too many people who bring up Diana in everything Kate does or wears and it would be nice if she not have to wear her things. William gave Kate the ring as an expression of love towards the 2 most important women in his life; but media and internet fandom just want to focus on the St. Diana thing.

I don't think Kate has worn a lot of Diana's jewelry. Apparently the pearl bracelet and those lovely pearl earrings. I don't count the tiaras, they weren't Diana's personally.

If my husband's mother had passed and he had good jewelry of hers, I'd be honored to wear it.

I agree the constant invocation of Diana is tiresome, but it get clicks or purchases.

I wish Kat wouldn't have to wear any of Diana's jewelry. There are already too many people who bring up Diana in everything Kate does or wears and it would be nice if she not have to wear her things. William gave Kate the ring as an expression of love towards the 2 most important women in his life; but media and internet fandom just want to focus on the St. Diana thing.

I don't think she has to wear anything. I think she choses to, because it means a great deal to Diana's son and perhaps to her. This I don't know. But Kate is powerful enough to wear what she wants. They don't have to beg pennies. And whether you like Diana or not, it is her sons that wish to carry on their mother's legacy.

If I had my MIL's jewelry I'd be honored to wear it....I like the is history and sentiment that comes with wearing family pieces. I have a couple of 100 (or more) year old rings from a great aunt that came down thru my mother. One of them I never take off, once the other is repaired it will be never taken off either...and passed down to my children.

Personally I think it's nice that Kate is able to wear Diana's personal jewelry (I think this is only the second time we've seen known pieces worn). If I am still alive I will think it very sweet if Charlotte wears it or George's wife wears it.

LaRae

Quite like to see Catherine wear the full diamo5d and emerald demi parure, some of which we saw her wear in NY a few years ago.

Quite like to see Catherine wear the full diamo5d and emerald demi parure, some of which we saw her wear in NY a few years ago.

I would live to see it too.

I'm really curious, if this tiara still exists. It's hard to believe that it would have stayed in the vaults for such a long time. But I agree that it would look lovely on the Duchess.

I'm really curious, if this tiara still exists. It's hard to believe that it would have stayed in the vaults for such a long time. But I agree that it would look lovely on the Duchess.

There are many tiaras and other jewels in the vaults that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. I think some pieces may be be in need of repair, polished or modernized.

Would love to see that on any of the ladies in the BRF.

LaRae

If it still exists, I would actually love to see it on Meghan instead. Especially if rumors are true about an emerald ring. It would be like Sophie when she was given the five aquamarine, given an older tiara but not a hugely historical one.

Kate IMO will stick with the lovers knott until she is queen. May see the halo come out as well. I do hope we see the lotus return either on her or on Meghan. Its a beautiful tiara and I don't want it disappearing in the vaults.

I would like to see Catherine wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara.

I’m still waiting for her to dust off the Teck Crescent Tiara. She or even Meghan can wear, but just wear it.

Back
Top Bottom