Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well for Fairouz I do not know the case , but muna was not divorced and had not remarried

The family tree of King Hussein's website says that he divorced PMuna (and KAbdullah and QRania mnetioned that several times). Muna did not marry again, but for now it's the same with PAlia. The problems start with a remarriage (certainly one reason why PFiryal did not marry her different partners).
But PNoor will keep her title for life whatever she will do, because she is a born princess.

what a pity! i thought they really matched one another and looked to be happy. but that wasn't the case. bad news again, another divorce in the family.

But (Noor) we have not heard before that the wife of Hamza
There are many people who are related to the king, but they are not known to the people
I have not seen Asem bin Nayef before his daughter's marriage of Crown
Malk the expectation that it would be if I got married Noor Asim only :bang:

Dina Hameed first wife of King Hussein from his family but after her divorce from the King and married
Shi did not mention it did not give her title Princess?? :ermm:

The family tree of King Hussein's website says that he divorced PMuna (and KAbdullah and QRania mnetioned that several times). Muna did not marry again, but for now it's the same with PAlia. The problems start with a remarriage (certainly one reason why PFiryal did not marry her different partners).
But PNoor will keep her title for life whatever she will do, because she is a born princess.

Well, what you say about Princess Fyrial it is not always the case.

For instance, Lee Radziwill, sister of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, did marry Herbert Ross as her third husband after her divorce to her second husband Prince Stanislaw Radziwill. She kept being called Lee Radziwill (but not Princess Lee Radziwill I guess) even after her third divorce to Mr. Ross...

Maybe because her only children were with Prince Stanislaw Radziwill.

With Queen Noor, there is a strange parallel between the story of Jacqueline Kennedy who did remarry with Aristote Onassis and she who was said to have a romance with the now wealthiest man in the world (so the Onassis of his time) Mr. Carlos Slim...

Regarding Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, you have to remember that they are second cousins and wed young...

Then there is an increasing tendancy among Jordan and Dubai Royals to wed with women coming from wealthy and/or intellectually influential families from the Arab World :

- Prince Hashem with Princess Fahdah (not a princess by birth but her maternal grandfather is Prince Turki bin Khaled bin Ahmed Al-Sudairy, Head of the Saudi Human Rights Commission).

- Prince Feisal with upcoming Princess Sara (from a Syrian family living in Saudi Arabia).

- Prince Ali with Princess Rym (well-known Algerian journalist and daughter of Lakhdar Brahimi, United Nations Special Representative for Afghanistan).

- Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktum is said to date a Lebanese girl...

So maybe Prince Hamzah's next bride will be from Qatar or Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Lebanon or Syria or Algeria and not from Jordan...

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have always thought that Noor's and Hamza's marriage had a tang of convenience to it bought about by Queen Noor who always wanted her children to do the right thing, and Hamza being the CPrince at the time should marry a family connected to the Hashemites. Once he was let go of his title it seemed meaningless who and where his wife came from...

Yes this was exactly my point when I said that they married too early or in a bit of a rush as it seemed. There was an air of convenience to it all and many people thought so at the time, that doesn't mean that Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor did not love each other but it wasn't the only factor in the marriage. Once Hamzah was no longer CP, the premise their marriage was in part based on no longer existed.

Dina Hameed first wife of King Hussein from his family but after her divorce from the King and married
Shi did not mention it did not give her title Princess?? :ermm:

Ex-queen Dina who is a sharifa by birth became known as HRH Princess Dina Abdu'l-Hamid of Jordan after the divorce. I think she lost the title when she married Salah Taamari, a high-ranking official of the PLO (after all that organisation was fighting KHussein at the time).

U mean that KH did not divorce Muna till his death ...:ermm:
Noor is HRH by birth .. i think she will hold her title before marriage ..HRH princess Noor bint Asem.

I have read that KH and Muna got the divorce in 1973, but when KH got married with Queen Alia, Hussein and Muna were yet married.

Ex-queen Dina who is a sharifa by birth became known as HRH Princess Dina Abdu'l-Hamid of Jordan after the divorce. I think she lost the title when she married Salah Taamari, a high-ranking official of the PLO (after all that organisation was fighting KHussein at the time).

Yes, Dina lost the title of Queen in June 1957, when they got the divorce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to Clarify a point or two. Princess Alia did not have her title taken away from her, because she was given it by His Late Majesty KH. Noor will keep her title due to the fact that she is a Princess by blood. Other Princess, after divorce get to keep their title, as long as the King allows it.

to become a princess till 1970.

I read that she never lost the title of Princess. And when she gave some interviews in 70´s and 80´s journalist always wrote Princess Dina.

I read that she never lost the title of Princess. And when she gave some interviews in 70´s and 80´s journalist always wrote Princess Dina.

In this case I am not quite sure of, because I got conflcting informations.

It is so sad to learn about this, they were such a great match. I hope both of them will find happiness again.

I have read that KH and Muna got the divorce in 1973, but when KH got married with Queen Alia, Hussein and Muna were yet married.

There is an interview of Princess Haya were she said King Hussein and Princess Muna were married when her mothe (Late Queen Alia) married him.

wikipedia affirmed the divorce:
Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan was born Princess Noor bint Asem on October the 6th, 1982[1]. She is a member of the Jordanian Royal Family. After her divorce from Prince Hamzah of Jordan, her title is again Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan.
Princess Noor Hamzah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The person who change the info sure read us.

Well, what you say about Princess Fyrial it is not always the case.

For instance, Lee Radziwill, sister of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, did marry Herbert Ross as her third husband after her divorce to her second husband Prince Stanislaw Radziwill. She kept being called Lee Radziwill (but not Princess Lee Radziwill I guess) even after her third divorce to Mr. Ross...

Maybe because her only children were with Prince Stanislaw Radziwill.

With Queen Noor, there is a strange parallel between the story of Jacqueline Kennedy who did remarry with Aristote Onassis and she who was said to have a romance with the now wealthiest man in the world (so the Onassis of his time) Mr. Carlos Slim...

Regarding Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, you have to remember that they are second cousins and wed young...

Then there is an increasing tendancy among Jordan and Dubai Royals to wed with women coming from wealthy and/or intellectually influential families from the Arab World :

- Prince Hashem with Princess Fahdah (not a princess by birth but her maternal grandfather is Prince Turki bin Khaled bin Ahmed Al-Sudairy, Head of the Saudi Human Rights Commission).

- Prince Feisal with upcoming Princess Sara (from a Syrian family living in Saudi Arabia).

- Prince Ali with Princess Rym (well-known Algerian journalist and daughter of Lakhdar Brahimi, United Nations Special Representative for Afghanistan).

- Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktum is said to date a Lebanese girl...

So maybe Prince Hamzah's next bride will be from Qatar or Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Lebanon or Syria or Algeria and not from Jordan...
I think she will be a pure Jordanian :)

I agree with you entirely in this matter :cool:

I think she will be Jrdanian. Hope so!!!!

I agree with you entirely in this matter :cool:

Who knows if Prince Hamzah is thinking of remarry. I don't think there is a third person on this one, but I hope both Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor find happiness and love again.:flowers:

I personally have always thought that Noor's and Hamza's marriage had a tang of convenience to it bought about by Queen Noor who always wanted her children to do the right thing, and Hamza being the CPrince at the time should marry a family connected to the Hashemites. Once he was let go of his title it seemed meaningless who and where his wife came from...

I wasn't surprised to hear Hamzah and Noor's divorce at all. I never thought that this marriage is based on a true love between two cousins. From the beginning it was arranged by Queen Noor. Somewhere their divorce was expected. I hope they will find the happiness with someone else.

And if Noor marries again, may she lose the custody over Haya?

I wasn't surprised to hear Hamzah and Noor's divorce at all. I never thought that this marriage is based on a true love between two cousins. From the beginning it was arranged by Queen Noor. Somewhere their divorce was expected. I hope they will find the happiness with someone else.

well for me I don't blame queen noor, Hamzah is an adult and should know what he is doing . as for the few things I know about him Noor was the perfect match for his character .

"Originally Posted by Biri

Unfortunately yes:ermm:"

Why is that? Is it the jordanian law or what? Is it the woman that loses the custody over a child if she remarries?
Anyway, very sad that they divorced.

"Originally Posted by Biri

Unfortunately yes:ermm:"

Why is that? Is it the jordanian law or what? Is it the woman that loses the custody over a child if she remarries?
Anyway, very sad that they divorced.

According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.

According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.

Ok. Thanks, reeda, for answering my question. And now some further questions ;): what does that mean in daily life? In general, will the child be living with her/his father but the mother can meet her/him?

As to princess Alia (king Hussein's daughter), I understood that her son from her previous marriage lives with her, not with the father but then I'm not sure about this.:ermm:

U r welcome .. i dont know about P Alia`s sons.
I think P.Haya is with her mother now .P Hamza can see and visit his daughter whenever he wants, in agreement with Noor. Custody of the child is now legally entitled to Noor but she will lost this right if she marries again . That time also she has right to see and visit her daughter. P Haya also can continue with her mother if her father allowed her to do so.

Ok. Thanks, reeda, for answering my question. And now some further questions ;): what does that mean in daily life? In general, will the child be living with her/his father but the mother can meet her/him?
As to princess Alia (king Hussein's daughter), I understood that her son from her previous marriage lives with her, not with the father but then I'm not sure about this.:ermm:

It's as reeda told you, but you are right with Princess Alia and her eldest son; he lived with his mother (he is now 29 years old), although his mother married again. But if your father is the ruling king you may have a bit more rights and privileges than a "normal" woman.....

Thanks for the info, reeda and Veram! And Veram, what you said about the rights and priviledges of the daughters of a ruling king was what I thought might have been the case with princess Alia.

Back
Top Bottom