Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the articles GrandDuchess, Danielle and Lena.

" It could come in handy."

To fend off more Australian models...

Dennism said:
Thanks for the articles GrandDuchess, Danielle and Lena.

" It could come in handy."

To fend off more Australian models...
You're welcome.
Yes, she could use it for that. :) I was thinking of what I use my dodgy boomerang training for; stalkers, sick psychopaths, and people that annoy me. A well-aimed cricket bat does the same job. ;) Anyway, I hope there will be some photos from today, and I hope they don't include "those shoes".

MARCH 18, 2005. Sydney, NSW. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at Darling Harbour. pic Rohan Kelly 18/3/2005 NSW / Sydney / portrait / Royalty / Swedish / Black dress / beading /
Photographer - ROHAN KELLY
Date: 20/03/2005

Attachments

• vic2 1803.JPG
    vic2 1803.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 203
  • vic1 1803.JPG
    vic1 1803.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 210
Is the trip to Australia over now or...? It has been nice to see her represent sweden in such a good way, makes one proud:)

If people have been following my 'flags outside the Shangri-La' saga (with both Mary and Victoria); the Swedish flag has now been taken down. Victoria has gone home now. :( I hope she had fun on her visit, but more importantly, the sole reason for her gracing our shores; I hope that the ties between Australia and Sweden have strengthened, and that people know more about Sweden than just IKEA (although IKEA is a cool place :p).

I think it is over or finishing very soon. I agree, as an Australian, CP Victoria has represented Sweden well. Congrats!

According to the royal courts calendar, Victorias visit ends today Monday 21st. So if she dont stays for a private holdiay, she should be on her way to, or in Sweden right now

It´s now deep night in Australia and already the 22nd of March. So Victoria´s trip is clearly over and she´s maybe already at home or on easter holiday (in the arms of Daniel ;) )So I would say it´s time for a résumé. Firstly (and most important) I want to thank all members, who have helped to fill the pages of the thread. My inofficial goal of 20 pages is surely soon reached (through the pics and informations, that will come in the future...new found agencies etc.):
TRFheart.jpg

And now to the trip itself. The trip to Australia was by far the best trip of Victoria, I´ve ever watched! I also liked the trips to Japan, Spain, USA, Hungary (California, east coast) etc.. But more because of the little "extras", you don´t see everyday when you watch a Royal (Victoria in Hollywood, Victoria in a japanese temple, Victoria and Felipe etc.). But this trip was generally eye-candy! A wonderful dressed Victoria (I will ignore certain white shoes in my résumé :p ), a smiling charming and humourous (something I´ve missed a bit in the past months) crown princess, a great sunny location, fantastic extras (e.g. cuddling with the australian animals) and so on.
I remember, that I´ve said to a friend (before the trip), that I´m not interested in the Australia-trip, because it would be the same boring monotony as usual. I had to revise my opinion!
Danielle, you say you hope the ties between Australia and Sweden have strengthened. I´m sure they have. Maybe you have to be interested per se in a swedish product(s), when you go to an event of Swedish style, but I´m sure, those who went or read the articles (and it were more than I´ve expected...after Mary-mania) are now (due to Victoria) closer to Sweden than ever before.
Stays only one thing to complain (or hope): After Australia I want Austria as next destination for Victoria :D

Lena said:
It´s now deep night in Australia and already the 22nd of March. So Victoria´s trip is clearly over and she´s maybe already at home or on easter holiday (in the arms of Daniel ;) )So I would say it´s time for a résumé. Firstly (and most important) I want to thank all members, who have helped to fill the pages of the thread. My inofficial goal of 20 pages is surely soon reached (through the pics and informations, that will come in the future...new found agencies etc.):

And now to the trip itself. The trip to Australia was by far the best trip of Victoria, I´ve ever watched! I also liked the trips to Japan, Spain, USA, Hungary (California, east coast) etc.. But more because of the little "extras", you don´t see everyday when you watch a Royal (Victoria in Hollywood, Victoria in a japanese temple, Victoria and Felipe etc.). But this trip was generally eye-candy! A wonderful dressed Victoria (I will ignore certain white shoes in my résumé :p ), a smiling charming and humourous (something I´ve missed a bit in the past months) crown princess, a great sunny location, fantastic extras (e.g. cuddling with the australian animals) and so on.
I remember, that I´ve said to a friend (before the trip), that I´m not interested in the Australia-trip, because it would be the same boring monotony as usual. I had to revise my opinion!
Danielle, you say you hope the ties between Australia and Sweden have strengthened. I´m sure they have. Maybe you have to be interested per se in a swedish product(s), when you go to an event of Swedish style, but I´m sure, those who went or read the articles (and it were more than I´ve expected...after Mary-mania) are now (due to Victoria) closer to Sweden than ever before.
Stays only one thing to complain (or hope): After Australia I want Austria as next destination for Victoria :D
Well said, and I would like to thank everyone for the photos and articles, and article translations as well! I have found that through this trip, that I have admired Victoria more. I mean, I did before, but just seeing her in interviews and the way she presents herself over here, I can see why everyone loves her. My un-royal mother even became a fan after seeing one interview, so that says something. :p Oh, don't mention the shoes. May they be lost in transit! I hope that this visit also encourages people to come to Australia for a visit. Sure, she hugged koalas and saw traditional Aboriginal dancing, but there is so much more to this country. Thanks again everyone!

Expressen gave Crown Princess Victoria a didgeridoo as a farewell gift after her very successful trip to Australia :)

Attachments

• 8ffadd96.jpg
    8ffadd96.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 251
collage from AFP images:

:)

blank.gif

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden left, is given a hand up as she arrives at the Maritime Museum in Sydney, Australia, Friday, March 18, 2005. The princess is on a ten-day visit Down Under as patron of the inaugural Swedish Style in Australia, which aims to deepen economic relationships and increase business exchange between the two countries.(AP Photo/Rob Griffith)
blank.gif
blank.gif

Attachments

• VICTORIA7AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA7AUST.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 247
Sweden's Princess Victoria waves to members of the Swedish community as she arrives by launch at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney, 18 March 2005, to open the Swedish design exhibition "4Stories". The princess is on a national tour of Australia, to promote Swedish excellence in design, fashion, travel, music, gastronomy and enviromental sustainability. AFP PHOTO/Greg Wood

Attachments

• victoria aust1.JPG
    victoria aust1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 193
  • VICTORIA2 AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA2 AUST.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 254
  • VICTORIA3 AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA3 AUST.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 173
  • VICTORIA4 AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA4 AUST.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 214
  • VICTORIA5 AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA5 AUST.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 305
  • VICTORIA56AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA56AUST.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 191
Thank you, HMqueenElizabethII

There was a nice dialogue, when Victoria got the Didgeridoo:

(Expressen reporter) According to a legend only men are allowed to play it. It´s said women, who play it get pregnant
-Oh really, haha...That´s a big luck, that you have told me. But when should I dare to use it then?
Wait a few years, jokes Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg from the court (as we see the grey haired eminence has even planned that ;) )

Is there anything special, that the crown princess will bring with her from Australia, any great memory (moment)?
-Yes, this didgeridoo, of course, hahaha. This is really quite funny!

Last edited:
Lena said:
Thank you, HMqueenElizabethII

There was a nice dialogue, when Victoria got the Didgeridoo:

(Expressen reporter) According to a legend only men are allowed to play it. It´s said women, who play it get pregnant
-Oh really, haha...That´s a big luck, that you have told me. But when should I dare to use it then?
Wait a few years, jokes Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg from the court (as we see the grey haired eminence has even planned that ;) )

Is there anything special, that the crown princess will bring with her from Australia, any great memory (moment)?
-Yes, this didgeridoo, of course, hahaha. This is really quite funny!
I didn't know that men were only allowed to play it. You learn something new all the time. I knew that a didgeridoo or a boomerang would be a feature of the trip. :) How is one supposed to give an appropriate answer to the first question? That's for the translation and for the photos, everyone.

Thanks for the photos and articles from the last days of the trip. I have enjoyed this trip as well and I hope the coverage in the newspapers and the advertisements in Australia have encouraged a growing interest in things Swedish besides IKEA and ABBA of course. Not that they aren´t great but you know. Anyway, it has been a success for all involved and it´s great seeing the Crown Princess represent her country so well.

"I have found that through this trip, that I have admired Victoria more. I mean, I did before, but just seeing her in interviews and the way she presents herself over here, I can see why everyone loves her. My un-royal mother even became a fan after seeing one interview, so that says something."

I have to agree with these remarks by the antipodean admirer. I know of people who have no interest in royalty but upon hearing about Victoria or other royals admire them more and more for the way the present themselves and all of the work that they do.

Where's Lena?

I am surprised this photo has passed without comment.

How about... who can come up with the best caption?

Attachments

• VICTORIA2 AUST.JPG
    VICTORIA2 AUST.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 210
Embrace me, Australians!

I was going to say something about that. I thought it was hilarious, but no one commented on it, so I thought it was just my "sense of humor" at work again. Ha ha ha. That's a good caption.

Thank you Monalisa and GrandDuchess for the pictures :)

I´ve found a funny pic in a magazine and I´ve thought this is (also) worth a caption competition. :D

Attachments

• nose1.jpg
    nose1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 261
Lena said:

I´ve found a funny pic in a magazine and I´ve thought this is (also) worth a caption competition. :D
Oh my goodness. What is she doing? It looks like a full-fisted version of "got your nose". Thank you for Lena the photo. :p

Lena said:

"Here, let me take this back to Sweden as a souvenir."

micas said:
I love this dress, and Vitoria is stunning in him, simple stunning :eek:
This is the first time i've seen pics of Victoria in Sydney and i must say she looks really good in this dress!!! Looks like she has been losing weight as well...

Lena said:

Who is that guy? She must know him very well if she does that. Touching strangers in their face is quite rude. Or does he have a royals bonus?

mixer2002de said:
Who is that guy? She must know him very well if she does that. Touching strangers in their face is quite rude. Or does he have a royals bonus?
I don't think she's actually 'touching' him; I think it is just the angle at which the photo was taken. I think he looks like our ex-Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, but my mother doesn't agree. I am probably wrong.

Danielle said:
I don't think she's actually 'touching' him; I think it is just the angle at which the photo was taken. I think he looks like our ex-Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, but my mother doesn't agree. I am probably wrong.
Well anyway the angle might be strange but he is sitting she is sitting
and a hand like that is strange to. Maybe men down under are different :)
Maybe thats the case becaus everything is upside down there why they get sick ;)

mixer2002de said:
Well anyway the angle might be strange but he is sitting she is sitting
and a hand like that is strange to. Maybe men down under are different :)
Maybe thats the case becaus everything is upside down there why they get sick ;)
Well, I'm just trying to justify Victoria's strange hand actions. How do you rationalise your statement about people getting sick from living in Australia? Just because Australia is, "upside down" (which I have already pointed out is wrong), doesn't make it any less of a country. I find it offensive that people can still think Australia is somehow subservient to the world. :mad:

Here is my translation of an interview with Crown Princess Victoria in Australia, featured in this week's issue!

Svensk Damtidning meets
Crown Princess Victoria

On the 37th floor in a skyscraper in Melbourne, Svensk Damtidning’s reporter had a long chat with Sweden’s Crown Princess. A newly styled girl in a luxury package – but also a proud and strong 27 year-old with newly found security in her PR assignments for the Kingdom of Sweden. Here Victoria tells about her trip, role models and the art of choosing clothes that does it.

The Crown Princess had has a full schedule during the trip, how does one have energy?
- It’s all about balance. If one feels well one can handle more, and I’m trying to find a balance in life. It can be tough sometimes, but I think I’m doing pretty well. I like to be efficient. I don’t want to travel to the other side of the globe and then have nothing to do.

What has been the most fun?
- It’s hard to say anything specific. Because I get to see so much and meet such interesting people, I have had so many impressions. For example, I start the day by driving a Scania truck, visit a medical institute and to see Australian art. But to meet Australian animals, like yesterday, was fantastic. I’m an animal freak!

Mary and Fredrik have just been here on a visit; do you believe the Australians have become a bit tired of royalty?
- Haha! I don’t know, I think you have to answer that yourself. But I have been received in a wonderful way.

When you meet the media, you are asked questions about your private life and your boyfriend. How do you feel about that?
- As long as it happens with respect and as long as you accept that I don’t want to talk about my private life – ask away, but you might not get so many answers…

We have noted that the Crown Princess’ style has changed the last year, and on this trip you bring a wonderful wardrobe.
- Yes, because I’m here to represent Swedish style and design I’m trying to wear as much Swedish clothes as possible. It’s fun to show what Sweden has to offer and I want to help Swedish companies.

Do you choose the clothes yourself?
- Yes, but it’s tough, it must be right for the schedule, at the same time as one wants to feel comfortable. This dress is made by Per Engsheden.

How has your own interest for design and fashion developed during the last few years?
- It has always been there, I would say. I have the benefit of getting to see a lot of Swedish design when I travel in Sweden in my official role.

And there is an interest in the family?
- Yes, there are people around me that are especially interested.

What does the Crown Princess bring with her home, have you had time to shop anything or have you received any gifts?0
- I have received wonderful gifts; one of them is a stuffed koala. It’s great!

What kind of impression have you gotten from Australia?
- It has been wonderful! Yesterday we had time to visit a vineyard, taste some wine and look at the beautiful landscape. The walk on the beach yesterday was great. But it’s not enough – Australia is so huge! To move between the north and south part of the country is like travelling from the north of Sweden to northern Africa! I can’t say that I have gotten an impression of Australia by only being here a week. But I have gotten a taste that makes me to gladly want to return again.

What is the first thing you will tell your family when you return home?
- I talked with them yesterday about the koalas and kangaroos and my dad mostly said “aha, aha, aha”, I think he wanted to hear other things about Australia, haha! But it was the first thing I told him. Then I have eaten great food. She shellfish was fantastic!

The kangaroo then?
- Not here. I have tasted it in Sweden. We were invited to the Australian Ambassador in Stockholm and there I tired it. It was very good!

How does a Crown Princess prepare for a trip like this?
- I talk to my parents about their trips to Australia, and I try to read as much as possible. But I don’t expect to learn everything, and I hope you don’t expect that either.

How is your normal life in Sweden like?
- Right now I’m studying crisis handling and conflict resolution on part time, which is very interesting and it looks like we need it in the world.

The Princess life looks glamorous, but is it hard?
- Yes, it is, but it’s also like any other job. It’s hard to be in the limelight, but one gets used to it. Then it’s fun and inspiring and I get a lot of energy by those that I meet. I get tired, but I’m sure I will sleep on the plane home.

What is the worst thing with being a Crown Princess?
- There are many perks of course. But the hardest thing is to live up to the expectations that people have on me, and especially the expectations and demands that I have on myself. I want to be a good representative for Sweden.

How does one prepare for the role as a future Queen?
- That’s a good question! There isn’t exactly a Queen school. I try to learn as much as possible about different things. A part of my education is travelling, and during the travels I meet many people and learn a lot about the country. I learn how it is to establish Swedish companies outside of Sweden’s borders.

Has the Crown Princess been media trained?
- No, but that could be needed, haha! One can always learn a few tricks, but the worst is that you journalists are taught the same tricks!

What would the Crown Princess like to do if she was not born to be a Princess?
- It’s not a big secret that I’m an animal friend, I would gladly work with something around that. It has been fantastic to meet Australian animals, they are not to be found anywhere else and don’t look like any other animals either!

Thank you GrandDuchess, you are a darling. I´m sure other members appreciate your work.

Nitpicker Lena wants to compare two sentences:

Summer 2004 (also translated of GrandDuchess):
How is it to always be seen? Everyone looks at the Crown Princess’ clothes, hair, and makeup and makes a judgement?
- Unfortunately I don’t have a natural interest in clothes. It would make things easier. My profession is very much about wearing the right clothes out of the respect of others. I myself think there is too much of a focus on clothes. My sister triees to help me, but clothes is not something that I prioritise.

March 2005:
How has your own interest for design and fashion developed during the last few years?
- It has always been there, I would say. I have the benefit of getting to see a lot of Swedish design when I travel in Sweden in my official role.

Thank you GrandDuchess for translating the article. She really loved that stuffed koala. :) A very interesting observation, Lena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom