Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too short again :cool: Whoever told Victoria it would look good on her to spend her pregnancy in only short dresses deserves a spanking with a wet Sunday paper!

boy i look like that w/o being pregos..anywhoooo, she looks good in black imo

and userdane i love your avator..its so cute

Last edited by a moderator:

Victoria yesterday also attended the Swedish Engeneers' 150-anniversary celebration and handed
over a prize, wearing a sequined beige and black dress.
The black back side is something special, but I think I would have liked a completely beige dress better.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I guess this dress isn't maternity clothing?
If it was, the hem would not rise so high in the front.
Eventually she wishes to wear ordinary loose-cut clothes,
but then one is confronted with this matter.
Only slightly annoying though. :)

CPV is just looking cuter every day! Love the dress, maternity or not.I also like her black and tan outfit. I have a similar ensemble and I call it my "Doberman" outfit.

Last edited:
Love the black knit suite and cardigan. Finally something very flattering for Victoria. The neckline and fabric are perfect. The buttoned cardigan, making a v to elongate her look. Unfortunately, the short skirt and jarring shoes ruin the line. Better to have had a to the kneecap dress with boots, or pants.
The awful two toned tent dress made me cringe. The too short hem in front is the focal point unfortunately, not Victoria's smile. She looks a good 7 mos pregnant, imo.

The dress looks like a sack on Victoria and it is shapeless. i do know she is expecting but there is no need to dress in one style throughout the pregnancy. There are much nice outfits for expecting mums.

The color of Victoria's dress does nothing to her, it does seem to wash her out a bit. The sequined panels don't seem to suit Victorias style IMO. The whole dress just seems it belongs on someone who is ready to spend a night out with friends.

Not really feeling the dress, but her smile is as always, contagious.

Looking through the recent sites of the thread I keep thinking does maternity fashion have to be so ugly, shapeless and sloppy?

The dark red dress would have been ok without the Madeleine fur but the rest is either mismatched or from an outdoor shop, tent department. Especially embarrassing is when the front rises up because of the belly, horrible. Hairstyle is basically non-existent on the daytime outings.

Looking through the recent sites of the thread I keep thinking does maternity fashion have to be so ugly, shapeless and sloppy?

I don't know if it has to be, but it seems like it usually is!

(Someone mentioned Victoria Beckham as an example of how to get it right, but I think she looked ridiculous at the Royal Wedding in April; those heels were nothing short of dangerous for a pregnant woman, even if they were specially designed.)

I wish some top designers would come out with a line of maternity wear that is both practical and attractive; surely that isn't an impossible feat? :ermm:

The most regrettable aspect about CP Victoria's fashion during her pregnancy, besides the constant repitition of the same short sack shape, is the fact that most of these clothes are not maternity wear at all.
Some of the short dresses are actually tunics meant to be worn belted and with matching pants or skirts, that's why they just look odd worn with nothing but dark stockings. Some are mini dresses which are not designed for a pregnant woman's body shape either, that's why all the hems rise awkwardly in the front.
As dazzling said before, there are indeed nice designs in maternity wear out there, but so far CP Victoria hasn't worn much actual maternity clothes during her pregnancy at all; quite inexplicable, and IMHO the big initial problem with most of her recent looks.

Last edited:
I would agree, she is just not looking good. There is really no excuse for it, it's not like she is a young woman who is low on cash and has to wear things to do double duty. Indeed there is some very nice maternity wear out there ... she just isn't choosing it.

(Someone mentioned Victoria Beckham as an example of how to get it right, but I think she looked ridiculous at the Royal Wedding in April; those heels were nothing short of dangerous for a pregnant woman, even if they were specially designed.)

I have to agree, Mirabel. Everything about that look was hideous, and the perpetual scowl bitch-face may have gone with the outfit, but I much prefer a happy, smiling Crown Princess Victoria in her tacky outfits.

I don't know if it has to be, but it seems like it usually is!

I wish some top designers would come out with a line of maternity wear that is both practical and attractive; surely that isn't an impossible feat? :ermm:
You would be surprised but Louboutins are surprisingly comfortable.
I think Victoria looks fine most of the time. I'm just not a fan of the shapeless dresses in general. But I can imagine it's safe for Victoria. But she can rock those tight dresses so well. There's nothing wrong with a tight dress on a pregnant woman, as long as you carry it well and if it makes you slightly uncomfortable, a vest or a blazer is always an option.

And to your last question; obviously not. Pregnant equals fat in the High Fashion industry. :ROFLMAO: Designers have enough to do with their regular collections.

I have a feeling that Victoria is one of those women who prefers not to show off her belly while she's pregnant. Really I don't think that there's anything wrong with that.

Kellydofc said:
I have a feeling that Victoria is one of those women who prefers not to show off her belly while she's pregnant. Really I don't think that there's anything wrong with that.

Agree. Especially as cameras now seem automatically focussed on her tummy wherever she goes.

Agree. Especially as cameras now seem automatically focussed on her tummy wherever she goes.
And that can maybe be traumatic for her with her history of Anorexia.

What is going on with her hair and if those smocks appear again on her it will all be just too much for me, she gone from total glamour to total frump in her appearence in just these few short months .... IMO

Esmerelda said:

This is especially important if she wants to avoid speculation about her due date- which I still think is sooner than announced. Really, I can't criticize her pregnancy fashion- I think it's functional, not fashionable, and I think she's entitled to that.

Crown Princess Victoria at the Royal Academy of Music ceremonial meeting in Stockholm
yesterday, November 28, wearing a long blue dress she's worn before in August at the
Polar music prize:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** August 2011 **

The top part of the dress is very pretty but ruined by the fur - I wonder why we now see the Madeleine fur on almost every evening occasion.

The bottom part of the dress is transparent, didnt like it before and dont like it now in the advanced stage of pregnancy.

I agree with what said Boris earlier> most pieces Victoria wears arent maternity wear at all but only normal wear used for the wrong purpose what makes it look so bad quite often.

I prefer Polar Music Prize outing, looked better with smaller baby bump. I hate this fur, bad, bad Madeleine's influence. I hope she won't wear it during Nobels. I like the hairstyle, something refreshing after ponytails. Good to see Victoria in such a good condition, i hope she won't disappoint us in December.

Crown Princess Victoria at the Royal Academy of Music ceremonial meeting in Stockholm
yesterday, November 28, wearing a long blue dress she's worn before in August at the
Polar music prize:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** August 2011 **

I like it much better this time than in August. Especially the hair looks so much better. Even the fur doesn't bother me, though I'm usually not a fan of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom