Crown Princess Victoria's Battle with Anorexia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Victoria and her really sat at on table...I tend to believe NOTHING what Expressen publish...maybe I should do more :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lena@May 3rd, 2004 - 2:32 pm
So Victoria and her really sat at on table...I tend to believe NOTHING what Expressen publish...maybe I should do more :rolleyes:
Why?

Why what?
I didn´t believe it, because there were no pictures of the gala in Expressen (or any note) and so I thought they wanted to establish a connection between Victoria and Emma.

And obviously it´s not made up...and therefore I said, that I should try to be less suspicious...or only read reliable sources like DN or SVD...

Personally I think, that her face matured in the last 2 years, and those baby-like-cheeks (another word-creation of me ;) ) "melted" almost away.
But that wasn´t the point of my post! I wrote that I consider it as strange that Victoria still looses a lot, and gain it back then. And then I wrote that a lot of OTHER women are doing the same-and then I refered to this Aftonbladet-topic, because I guess that most members of this club are women, who experience a lot with their weight. In german we use the term "yo-yo-dieting").
We use that term in American English as well: yo-yo dieting. It usually refers to gaining and losing the same amount of weight over time and can be more harmful than being overweight in the first place. I've heard "baby cheeks" and "chipmunk cheeks" used for cute, chubby cheeks also. Everyone is their own worse critic as far as body image goes, I'm glad to see that Victoria did get treatment before it was too late. Usually with anorexia it's an issue of control as much as body image. Was hers just the anorexia or was there bulimia also? There was a student in my school who was bulimic and it was difficult watching her struggle with treatment but it was successful, thank goodness.

Here is an article that People did about the subject:

Slip of a Girl : People.com

I am glad Victoria is better and was strong.It makes people realize that she is human.

Such a difference. She is looking far healthier now. Good on her for beating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom