Crown Princess Victoria Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it possible that she still owns the piece but just had no occasion to wear it during the past 12 years? (oh dear, I sound like I am very desperately clinging to the idea that the tiara was NOT sold.:ROFLMAO:)
The most public opportunity for Princess Margaretha to wear the aquamarine tiara would have been The King's 60th birthday gala - but she wore the amethyst tiara instead, which Queen Silvia had made convertible in 1979.
The aquamarine tiara has indeed not been seen for twelve years, its accompanying very large brooch even longer, and I'm actually 'clinging' to the idea that the pieces were not sold to anyone but The King as well. ;)
To let a decent time period pass in order not to draw attention to the severe financial troubles of Princess Margaretha's late husband could still explain why the tiara might have stayed (hopefully) in the Bernadotte vaults.

This is all very strange. If the King had bought the aquamarine tiara, Princess Margaretha could have borrowed it from the King instead of the amethyst tiara. But maybe she just wanted to wear something different for a change? (A change from what though? If you only use a tiara every couple of years, repeating the same isn't as boring as having to repeat it 4 time a year). Or it was decided to keep the aquamarine tiara hidden for a while, so that some grass can grow over the sale, before someone from the main-line starts wearing it?
In less than 5 weeks we might know more. If Margaretha borrows another tiara again, that would mean that it is really sold.

Ok, tiara how tiara but I hope that Silvia give Victoria advice how to wear tiara.

I´m sooo hoping that Victoria will receive the Aquamarine tiara as a wedding present and that she either wear it to a pre-wedding gala or start to wear it after the wedding, but i don´t think she would wear it to the wedding - then i think she will wear the Cameo tiara (or possibly the connaught).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she will wear the cameo in honor of her parent's anniversary, but I would prefer to see the Connaught. It is "bride perfect" in my opinion. And, looks so much lighter in weight--that cameo tiara looks rather heavy to me.

I hope she wears a glittering tiara. Not the one Silvia wore.

I hope she wears what she wants and doesn't feel obliged to wear the Cameo in honor of her mother.

Could it be she might wear the Cameo because it's probably more lightweight than the others? Some of the tiaras are heavy and she'd have to wear it all through the ceremony and reception. Having an equivalent of two bags of sugar on your head all day would be frustrating.

I cant' imagine that the Cameo massive piece is lighter than the delicate Connaught - somebody around who has some more information....??? :ermm: AND I still hope for the Connaugt....

I hope that she receives a new one from the King and Queen.

Is there a possibility of the Braganca Diamond Tiara?

Could it be she might wear the Cameo because it's probably more lightweight than the others? Some of the tiaras are heavy and she'd have to wear it all through the ceremony and reception. Having an equivalent of two bags of sugar on your head all day would be frustrating.

Well said, CP5! ;) I think she'll wear the Cameo tiara anyway. Just a feeling.

I hope that she receives a new one from the King and Queen.

Is there a possibility of the Braganca Diamond Tiara?
Don't think so. The Braganza tiara was onkly worn by Queens until now. I hope we will see it on Queen Silvia on the Wedding Day.

I think, the Braganza Tiara is the only tiara in the whole collection to have only been worn by Queen Silvia, so I don't think Victoria will wear it while she is Crown Princess.

I think, the Braganza Tiara is the only tiara in the whole collection to have only been worn by Queen Silvia, so I don't think Victoria will wear it while she is Crown Princess.

The Cameo and Leuchtenberg sapphire Tiaras have also been exclusvely worn by Queen Silvia since her Wedding.

Oh dear God, no! I hope she doesn't wear it! I mean Cameo tiara was passable in the 70s but not today.

Ya know....I was thinking....as much as I would Love to see Victoria in one of the many stunning Swedish tiaras for her wedding I think it would be great if she got her own suite of jewels (gift maybe)so we always are reminded of her big day. Anyone have any ideas? Diamonds with pearls? or something...

A diamond and pearl tiara, or even better a complete parure, is definitely missing in the Bernadotte collection. I my eyes that would be the most perfect wedding gift. But I think she should wear her "new" tiara for the pre-wedding gala. The wedding tiara should be one with historical importance, after all she is the heir to the Swedish throne and not any rich heiress.

very true Tilia C!!!

It seems a lot of people dislike the button tiara's, I love them! They're my absolute favorite <3 I also Like the Cameo if worn with the right hair, Silvia looked bad with the Came it didn't look right on her wedding but I've seen her wear it since and look beautiful in it. I think CP Victoria will wear it since it seems she's all about family traditions ( Picking the same date as her parents, announcing her engagement in the same spot, same church etc).

I found this on a google search and the Cameo looks good on Victoria. http://i42.tinypic.com/14voj6u.jpg

Oooh...That is very pretty. Nice find countess felictas. :flowers:

I think the above tiara looks awesome too, but I don't see it happening. ;)

I think the problem that people have with the button tiara isn't the button (which really should be called flowers) themselves, but rather they are set. The flowers of the 4 button tiara is very beautiful, if the flowers were given a betters tiara setting it would be very beautiful. A redone flower tiara would actually make a very nice wedding tiara, but it sadly wont happen.

According to the Swedish RF website, nearly every bride of the royal family wore the cameo tiara.It is under the tradition section. And it is 99,9% sure that victoria will also be wearig that one. Whether we like or not.

It has only been worn by three royal brides, this is the 21st Century. If she wants to wear something different she will, if she wishes to wear the Cameo thats her choice.
What I don't want is her to wear something she has been pressured into wearing just because of the tradition of the Tiara.
Nowhere on the website does it say that it is 99.9% sure that she will wear the tiara, we can only specualte.

The fact the the cameo tiara is mentioned on the official wedding web site is a really bold hint that Victoria will wear this tiara, imo. I guess that Victoria herself took the decision about her wedding tiara, maybe after long conversations with her mother and other family members, and after trying out prospective hairstyles with it and probably other tiaras as well. (I read somewhere that Letizia tried out hairstyles with two or three tiaras before her wedding.) But I'm sure that the decision was taken a long time ago, probably before designing the wedding gown "go" with the tiara.
Still, I'm so curious and can hardly wait see it! 12 more days to wait!

the cameo tiara is definitely not my preferred of the swedish tiaras, but again since it has only been silvia who wore it (and queens in general) it may mean a lot for her to wear it. or maybe she will choose another one just because of the fact she wants to reserve the cameo for when she becomes queen. i think both will be acceptable choices, although i hope she chooses a simpler tiara - it seems that high and big tiaras are abundant in the swedish family: the diamond spikes one (http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/1/0/e/8/Nobel_Foundation_Prize_dc6b.jpg) is probably the one i'd go for.

I hope that Victoria doesn´t choose the cameo tiara, because I don´t thinkt that it suits her. I´ll hope for a surprise. Perhaps this tiara, which princess Lilian has often had? It´s small but very lovely.
Getty Images

Here´s an interesting point to the tiara discussion. Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg says at an interview, when asked if Victoria will use the cameo tiara: "She could do it because she is interested in preserving traditions. At the same time, I wonder if she would not give up in order to highlight the difference between their wedding and the Queen´s. Although she will also become Queen, the difference is that Victoria becomes regent. So if I had to choose I do not think she will wear it".
Hovdamer tv-duellerar - DN.se

Back
Top Bottom