Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange I've been trying to find a better photo from the engagement dinner and the best one is the one Lumutqueen has posted. I thought that the dinner would have had more coverage.

I know I searched for hours the other day to find a picture of the her walking in to the dinner and couldn't find one. There isn't a thread dedicated to the dinner either, and I don't think she has worn the necklace since.

It's a pity I would have liked to see that necklace better.

I know I searched for hours the other day to find a picture of the her walking in to the dinner and couldn't find one. There isn't a thread dedicated to the dinner either, and I don't think she has worn the necklace since.

She wore the black and white pearl necklace again on a reception for her patronages, January 5, 2006.

Are you sure that it was 2006? I cannot find anything in Getty.

Thanks. But it doesn't have the clasp this time. Mary has a lot of pearls doesn't she?

Unless the clasp us meant to be at the back and the first time she wore it, she got it the wrong way round?
Btw, is your profile picture of Queen Sofia a waxwork?

^^
Maybe the necklace can be wore in the two ways. If she did made a mistake with her necklace, that must have been embarrasing, her first official dinner and she puts her necklace the wrong way :lol:

Well considering the little amount of pictures that were taken, I don't think anyone would notice.
Plus it is easy for the clasp of a necklace to slip round to the front.

Imo it looked fine, I would not have said that she put it the wrong way, but if she really did a mistake I suppose that she felt a bit embarrased afterwards even if no one noticed, at least I would.

Thanks for all the photos friends!:p

Still not the best photo of the necklace, hopefully she'll wear it again!!

IMO it was not a mistake to put the clasp in front, this is often done when you have an important clasp (like hers a beautiful sapphire)!!:D

From what I could see there was no sapphire on the clasp? It was just a gold clasp.

There is something blue, it can well be a sapphire

:notworthy:

The photo is great! Thank you. And the necklace is very pretty, I like it both ways.

I like the necklace, but not with the outfit worn there.

Ayvee, you are the best. Your photo library and memory are incredible!!!

Today Princess Mary is wearing her pink and blue pendant. I don't remember seeing this since P Isabella's christening! Nice to see it again!

Here's a photo from today - Link

I have two questions about this pendant - are the stones a light blue and a pink sapphires or are they topazes? I also can't rememebr who gave it to Mary - The Queen or The Crown Prince?

Bobby

I understood the blue and pink pendants were a christening gift from Frederik.
The sapphire & diamond clasp on the Tahitian pearl necklace is made so the necklace can be worn with the substantial clasp at the front. It is not a mistake when princesses where it this way. Prss Anne's - Maria Feodorovna pearl choker is meant to be worn with the sapphire clasp at the front.

The pendant is beautiful, but I thought it was a gift from Fred for Isabella's birth, not christening.:confused: I know nothing about the stones.

The pendant is beautiful, but I thought it was a gift from Fred for Isabella's birth, not christening.:confused: I know nothing about the stones.

You are quite right Noor, I should have said birth. Perhaps it was because I was thinking of the christening when I first saw it.:flowers:

Thank you Tarlita and Noor for the replies! Of course a gift for the birth of Princess Isabella makes more sence. Guess I made the mistake because The Crown Princess first wore it at the christening.

Bobby

Hello all!

Does anyone have a very good close-up of Mary's ruby tiara? Thanks!

Lady Karen

Wow Nice lancchick!! Thanks for the link..Its really wonderful!! :flowers:
Princess Mary is so beautiful!! Wow!

Mary seems to be wearing some different earrings. I think she has had both pieces but not put together like this. Pink quartz drops from her diamond loop posts. She also wore these posts with coral when she was in DC. I love how she mixes her jewels. So many of her earrings are convertible. Very smart and chic!!!

Marys has worn more jewllery from Ole Lynggaards
the midnight tiara comes from this company
this is from svensk dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom