Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That floral aigrette/tiara is really a lovely and interesting piece. Margarethe wears jewels so well, and is an elegant woman to be sure. But, I do wish that she would allow Mary a bit more access to other jewels. I love that ruby parue--it is beautiful--but she needs a more substantial diamond tiara than the one she received for her wedding. In my opinion, not that it means much at all, Mary should have been given the floral tiara as a wedding gift--it is more substantial and has a lovely history. However, at the time of her marriage to Frederik (May 2004) apparently Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim were getting ready to call it quits and I can understand Margrethe being hesitant about giving a second family tiara away (in light of what had occured with the British Royals as well). Still, the tiara Mary received for her wedding is just so, well, dinky. It's lovely, but it's not exactly on the same level as the one Marie wears. I just think the Crown Princess should have a better diamond tiara than her sister-in-law.

Last edited:
You've certainly got a point,jcbcode99!But I still love this diamond/rubies tiara and I want to add that it seems brandnew,like a masterpiece that has been recently created by Cartier or something.I wonder how much they pay to keep it like that....

Oh, I completely agree about the diamond and ruby parue. It is breathtaking, and with her dark hair Mary looks nothing short of regal and exquisite and gorgeous in it.
For a very nice closeup you can go to the Royal Jewels of the World website:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board
and the click on the first post of the thread that is called:
Princess Marie of Denmark tiara--this thread has closeups of Mary's ruby tiara, Marie's wedding tiara, and Margrethe's pearl and diamond tiara. And, they are detailed. You can see the settings of the rubies in Mary's tiara.

Her tiara looks definitely stunning.I really love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what the emerald parure looks like, have any pics? I think PMary would look stunning in emeralds also!:angel:

I think that the floral tiara Marie gets to use is much better than Mary's own diamond wedding tiara. However, Marie is much more girly than mary is. So I think that Tiara suits her well. And we must remember that the tiara is only a loan to Marie. She does not own it. The Queen does. Mary owns her diamond wedding tiara. and if somewhere down the road, God forbid, the marriage disolves, she will keep it. The ruby is a loan and belongs to the Crown Prince. It will stay with the marriage. Marie, to my knowlege does not have any jewels of her own that were given to her by her inlaws. But I would love to see Mary in another tiara. Even if only on certain occassions.

Danish Crown Jewels - Emeralds | Emerald Parure

Emerald parue, for your viewing pleasure!
WOW! That is something! It is a pity that Mary doesn't get to play more in the jewels. But the Prince has seen to it that she has a few nice pieces of her own. Lucky for the Dutch, even the lesser Royals get to get their hands on some of the really gorgeous pieces as long as they don't out do the Queen!! :ohmy:

Am not an emerald fan but would certainly give those a whirl Mary will eventually wear them and I am certain they will look gorgeous and change the view I have of emeralds. That parure is definitely something she would never have thought of in Tassie. Let alone the wearing of... is that stating the obvious yes but am jealous.

Wow, the Emerald Parure really is something. It's a really stunning piece of jewelry and I'm sure Mary will wear it well.

Maybe I'm a bit conservative, but I do think that the wearer has to be older for these huge pieces. So by the time Mary will inherit the crown jewels and the other "stuff" she will just have the right age for wearing the jewels and not been worn by them.

I understand exactly your comment about the age,but we should see it as a game :flowers: Personally,I would love to have the opportunity to "play" with such pieces of jewels sometimes and I'm just 27 ;) :D

:lol: a nice answer iakynthi ;)
who dont love to have the opportunity to play with those piece of jawel :D
the piece is fantastic :wub:im a big crazy by the emeralds jewels
hope to see mary wearing this fabulous piece :wub:

I think you can wear anything if your comfortable in it. And when your not it really shows. Just look at the movie stars! Maybe when your a bit older you just don't care about it so much! I love big jewels, but you can always wear just one or two pieces to start with or just load up like me(hehe).

Well, I'm 34 and I feel that I could have PLENTY of fun with these pieces--especially the necklace, brooch, and earrings of the ruby parue. I think they are quite simply phenomenal pieces! Some jewels should be described as art, in my opinion. The rubies fall into that category.

But,jcbcode99,they are pieces of Art indeed!!Even some haute-couture pieces can be considered as Art nowadays and of course,clothes are temporary.Imagine!That kind of jewels are timeless :wub:
I hope one day we'll all be able to "play" with such masterpieces :flowers:

is any website of Mary showing all her jewellery in detail in one page?

There is no one webpage that shows all of them together. The best site for a history of Mary's jewels is the Unofficial Crown princess Mary message board. I'm sure they have all of them on this site too (Royal Forums) but you will have to do more digging.

Mods, feel free to remove post if I am not allowed to mention other royal boards.

Casual jewellery

I love CP Mary's jewellery which she wears with casual wear and informal events especially her necklaces. Does anyone have llinks to her favourite designers?

Her favorite designer is Marianne Dulong. You can just type her name into a search and her website will come up. She even has an online store. She also wears Georg Jensen, Marlene Birger, and Census and Bach.

Nice job,Princess of Europe :flowers: I won't choose one or two pieces,simply because I like almost all of them.Especially her white pearl necklace :heart2:

It's simple,but beautiful :flowers: It probably means a lot to her.A gift from her husband during her first pregnancy? :in_love:

Again,I can't answer your question,PoE,I only want to say that this brooch doesn't impress me at all.And I don't really think that she needed to add a brooch to this outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom