Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize it was an option for October birthstones. I'd only heard of opals and pink tourmaline. Thanks for the great information though.

I didn't realize it was an option for October birthstones. I'd only heard of opals and pink tourmaline. Thanks for the great information though.

Maybe I am wrong but lots of other countries actually don't use a birthstone legend. As for morganite being an October birthstone, I suspect that this is just a US marketing/sales move to encourage people born in October to buy morganite since good quality opals are quite expensive.

Astrology & Gemstones, Birthstones: Morganite Gem for Libra - Gems shop online

I am also reading that tanzanite is now becoming another option to amethyst for February babies but this is mostly in jewelry trade magazines in the US.

-Ayvee

Pink Tourmoline is also expensive are rare to find in stores. So I'm guessing that is why morganite. Opals are pretty easy to find. But there is only so much you can do with them. The style and settings are not as nice as say something in amythest. I'm an October baby so I wish I had another birthstone.

I saw a picture in a newspaper - but I couldn't find it in the internet...
It shows Crownprincess Mary's hand and I could see, that she wears three rings at one finger. Which one is the wedding-ring and are the other rings something special?
Is this picture somewhere in the web?

I'm guessing the one you are referring to Royal Darkness is the one she wore in Romania. She wore 3 rings together on her right hand that were Emeralds and/or Emeralds with diamonds. They are not her engagement ring or wedding ring.

Her engagement rings is a three stone ring of a rubies and a diamond. Her wedding band (ring) is an eternity ring of diamonds. She always wears them on her ring finger. Never with other rings on that finger.

I'm guessing the one you are referring to Royal Darkness is the one she wore in Romania. She wore 3 rings together on her right hand that were Emeralds and/or Emeralds with diamonds. They are not her engagement ring or wedding ring.

Her engagement rings is a three stone ring of a rubies and a diamond. Her wedding band (ring) is an eternity ring of diamonds. She always wears them on her ring finger. Never with other rings on that finger.

Yes, that is right. The picture was taken in Romania and she wore three rings together on her right hand:
Two rings with emeralds: One ring with a band of emeralds and one ring with a big emerald. The third ring was very thin and gold, and the stone was very big (is it a stone or is it also something in gold?).

And no ring on the left hand (not on the picture that I saw - I know it, because I thought, when I saw the picture: "Why does she wear three rings on one finger and no ring on the other hand?")

Are the three rings something special. I think it is a little bit too much, wearing three rings on one finger - but maybe they are something "special" (her mother's wedding-ring or something like that...).

We have no idea who gave her the emerald rings or why. Maybe she just likes them, maybe they were a family members? We don't know, so we can't say. The style of them seems to be an older style, but you can't read too much into that.

Wearing three rings on one hand ist very in fashion actually. Look for example on the Pomellato site POMELLATO (Collection Baby)

Wearing three rings on one hand ist very in fashion actually. Look for example on the Pomellato site POMELLATO (Collection Baby)

Wearing three rings on one hand... but on one finger? I don't like it... But it is her decision (and the decision of the fashion designers and style experts). ;)

I really like Marys Georg Jensen jewellery, modern and contemporary and danish design at its best. On the other hand I cant say I care for Marianne Dulongs jewellery, it all looks the same, and it just screams DULONG everytime she wears it (which is almost all the time) and somehow to me it just does look second rate compared to the Jensen jewellery, both in the idea, design and the materials used.

Unlike Larzen, I adore Marianne Dulong's jewelry (although I don't adore the prices on some of Dulong's pieces). Marianne has really great pearl jewelry and most of the things that Princess Mary wears of Dulong's designs mostly have pearls on them (with the exception of the red coral earrings she wore in NYC). I think Princess Mary just likes pearls and obviously likes Marianne's designs. I don't think she or Prince Frederik would have commissioned her wedding earrings at Dulong's otherwise.

Also Princess Mary's stylist, Anja Camilla Alajdi is the new PR contact for Marianne Dulong (Hit the Press link on marianne dulong | smykkebutik i silkegade 5, københavn) so perhaps this another reason why she wears a lot of Dulong's designs.

I also adore the Georg Jensen 2007 Cave collection (although it is remarkably similar to Tiffany's collection that's been around for years) yet it too is quite pricey for sterling silver which oxidizes and blackens over time.

I do enjoy seeing Princess Mary wearing lots of different jewelry to match her outfits whether it's by Georg Jensen, Marianne Dulong or other jewelry designers.

-Ayvee

Pendant at Isabella's christening

Finally I found a pic of the pendant Mary wore at Isabella's christening. It can clearly be seen that the pendant does consist out of a lightblue and a pink stone http://marymaxima.web-log.nl/mary_en_mxima/images/marymaxdoop6.jpg Still I'm sure this does stand for a boy and a girl :wub:

Sorry: I did mean three rings on one finger - not hand (my brain still suffers from post natal dementia) This is what it looked like on Princess Maxima's hand when visiting Slovenia: http://marymaxima.web-log.nl/mary_en_mxima/images/maximaatjeslov.jpg

Last edited:
The ring is part of the set you see the Crown Princess wearing.

It's Georg Jensen's CAVE collection and was designed by Jacqueline Rabun.

I actually like the multiple rings. Maxima does have a forth ring too. I have a picture of it in my file, but I have to scanner to upload it. I have also seen on another board Mette Marit wear the same rings too.

Oh if I had the money to buy some of these. Not all, just a few!! I too love Marianne Dulong pieces.

When MAry opened Anker Fjord Hospice she got as a gift a small gold brooch made by danish jewellery artist Trine Trier, if you press the gold link over the picture you can see a picture of her recieving it
kronprinsesse Mary

Queen Margrethe has also a brooch by her
dronning Margrethe

Does anybody know the facts of Crownprincess Mary's new earrings that she wore at the new year gala jan. 1. at Amalienborg Palace. She wore them together with her ruby parure but they does not look like the big earrings that belongs to the paraure.

?

:flowers:

Does anybody know the facts of Crownprincess Mary's new earrings that she wore at the new year gala jan. 1. at Amalienborg Palace. She wore them together with her ruby parure but they does not look like the big earrings that belongs to the paraure.
The stones look the same so I guess she just altered the huge earrings that go with that Parure.
Maybe she just took off the long, hanging part.

Yes, it appears the hanging part was removed, the necklace was also altered as some of the hanging parts were removed. Which I think is great. It's nice to have such versatility in a huge piece.

Photos from Danish Royal Watchers Danish Royal Watchers
show that the necklace has not been altered. The central pear drop can be seen underneath the cape.

-Ayvee

Yes, it appears the hanging part was removed, the necklace was also altered as some of the hanging parts were removed.
That was a very good decision. I always thought that each piece belonging to this Ruby Parure looks great; but all worn together the same time are just too overwhelming! The large earrings, the rather big Tiara AND the huge necklace.
So , it's better to see the stunning Tiara with smaller earrings.

Last edited:
It's an article about a bracelet of her's I think but I can't speak Danish:ermm:
MSN Gossip - Underholdning

The article refers to a claim made by one of the Danish gossip magazines, Her&Nu that Mary has received a new bracelet worth at least DKK 130,000 but possible more since it contains a rare Australian pink diamond (Australian Rose Diamond Pavé) bought at an auction in Australia. The bracelet is apparently made by designers Mads og Mikkel Kornerup as part of their 'spiritual' jewellery series Shamballa; in addition to the pink diamond there should be seven Tahiti pearls and 2 large and 2 small gold bullets.

Shamballa Jewels has a web site - shamballaSite

So around AUD$28,990 or higher..quite a charming investment if at all true...:wub:

Enjoy hearing of the little pieces of Australiana here and there in Mary's 'world'.

That rin is my favourite thanks for the close up.

It looks like an aquamarine in an Art Deco-ish setting. Very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom