Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha. Hm, being obviously epicurean, I would also go in this poll for the nicer thing. In the other it was love, here it would be ice cream. One shouldn´t forget, that these crown princesses are always tempted...they just have to call the kitchen...and probably they also got one of these great ice machines as wedding gift. Who would want to live under such conditions? ;)
Well, maybe just one should teach me some "sense of duty" ;)
Just one hour ago, I came across this picture: http://www.aftonbladet.se/foraldrar/0505/17/tjockmage200.jpg This is a bump! Do you want to see that at Mary? ;) Well, in it 3 babies (all over 2200 grammes) had to stay. Looking at this, I guess no one of the crown princesses will get multiples...

Lena said:
Hahahaha. Hm, being obviously epicurean, I would also go in this poll for the nicer thing. In the other it was love, here it would be ice cream. One shouldn´t forget, that these crown princesses are always tempted...they just have to call the kitchen...and probably they also got one of these great ice machines as wedding gift. Who would want to live under such conditions? ;)
Well, maybe just one should teach me some "sense of duty" ;)
Just one hour ago, I came across this picture: http://www.aftonbladet.se/foraldrar/0505/17/tjockmage200.jpg This is a bump! Do you want to see that at Mary? ;) Well, in it 3 babies (all over 2200 grammes) had to stay. Looking at this, I guess no one of the crown princesses will get multiples...

my goodness:eek:

but on the other side, do you know if there is any twins in any the royal families?

hillary_nugent said:
you don't think she dressed really decent prior to the pregnancy? :rolleyes:

i think the best time for mary's clothing was in the pre-wedding period...

She has always been a good dresser i think...but I think her style has improved alot since the marriage...but that's not surprising since she has the money and all to afford a great wardrobe =) golly i really can't wait to see a big bump and what she would wear then ^^

Except she was so fat, in the early dating days. She looked like Pierce Brosnan´s (James Bond) wife, Keely.

Xandra said:
Except she was so fat, in the early dating days. She looked like Pierce Brosnan´s (James Bond) wife, Keely.

that's true as well xandra. i realised mary lost a lot of weight in the past times... she was much more "big" before...

Face to Face

Attachments

• 00681502.jpg
    00681502.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 00681503.jpg
    00681503.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 00681505.jpg
    00681505.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 00681512.jpg
    00681512.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 00681513.jpg
    00681513.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 00681514.jpg
    00681514.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 00681515.jpg
    00681515.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 00681499.jpg
    00681499.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 00681516.jpg
    00681516.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 00681517.jpg
    00681517.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 303
Xandra said:
So fat? :confused: abit extreme there...yes she was alot bigger before but i don't think she was overweight.

Xandra said:
Exactly when was she fat--never!

have you ever seen pictures of Pierce Brosnan's wife , Keely is a lovely looking woman but she must be a size 14/16 and Mary is only a 12 in the pictures that were posted!! ( both woman are good looking in their own way weather they are 16/14/12/10/8 size)
also please stop using the word fat to describe any one ,

Last edited:
i don t think xandra wanted to insult anyone. she just said she looked like kelly not only because she was a bit bigger but because of her face as well. if you see pics of kelly you can find a big resemblance to mary.

(i just discovered kelly has a lovely face and such a beautiful smile... did you notice?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kelly is very representative of the dress size most women wear, in my opinion neither big nor small, but in the middle. Sizes 12-16 are quite normal I think. And anyway, as long as one is happy in ones own skin, who cares what size one wear?!?

And in Marys case, what if her level of activity increased when she started to date Frederik as he is an active man? (I know she liked to do sports before she met Frederik) That might be why she went down a few dress sizes, and not necessarily deliberate dieting. Everybody knows its more fun to exercise and be active if you have someone to exercise and be active with! You know, motivation! I say it again; who are we to know for sure?

carlota said:
i don t think xandra wanted to insult anyone. she just said she looked like kelly not only because she was a bit bigger but because of her face as well. if you see pics of kelly you can find a big resemblance to mary.

(i just discovered kelly has a lovely face and such a beautiful smile... did you notice?)

Really? Well, she could have said it better!

Keeley is a very beautiful woman, more so than MANY stick thin famous women.

Ok so she is not stick thin but she is beautiful, intelligent, mother of two children and has Pierce Brosnan as a husband. Not bad!

Mary was never FAT, she has now slimmed down considerable but to my mind that is because she is in the public eye, having to fit into those outfits etc. It would make most people lose weight.

But if Mary was the same weight now as before, she would still be as beautiful as she is now as she would have the nice outfits, good hairdresser and make-up artist.

To get away from the Mary-Keely issue, here are a few more pics from the fashion show by fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 857
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 402
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 215
  • mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 224
  • mary2.jpg
    mary2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 204
  • mary3.jpg
    mary3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 159
  • mary4.jpg
    mary4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 225
  • mary5.jpg
    mary5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Xandra said:

HARSH! :( I don't ever recall a time when Mary looked even slightly fat. It is true that she has lost weight, but she went from being normal sized to very thin- not fat to skinny!!!

Xandra said:

Mary was never fat. She was average sized. She was not overweight nor was she obese. She has lost a lot of weight, but to me she looks nice either way.

Kelly Shayne has certainly put on some weight over the past few years, but she has also had several children. However, gaining weight doesn't make you ugly in the least. She has and always will be a beautiful woman regardless of her weight because her pleasant and charming disposition has never changed.

What I do think is ugly is calling someone fat and then comparing Mary to Keely as though Keely was some sort of hideous creature that all women who gain weight should be compared to.:rolleyes:

Mary´s weight

My goodness; it´s just my subjective opinion. All these statements that Mary is a size 12 etc. How do you know her exact size?? I don´t know her size, but to my eyes, I would consider her earlier roundness "fat" by my standards. And, IN MY PERSONAL OPINON, I thinks she looked a lot like Keely, that´s all. I didn´t say any one of them was ugly. Some of you did, though.
I will say I think Mary is "slim" now. I´ll bet no one is going to scold me for that, even though it´s again only a personal opinion.

Xandra, you are just as entitled as anyone to give your opinion, it is just the way you stated it that sounded a bit off.

Weight is a hurtful issue for many (whether they are underweight or overweight) , you did say Mary was " was so fat", that SO seems harsh.

I would never use the word "fat" to describe Mary before or now but as you say you have a standard that is obviously different from me.

Does anybody know what happens to all the bouquet of flowers that are given to Mary when she arrives at events? Again photos are lovely - Mary looks very relax and lovingly touches her bump in some of the latest photographs.

Eggaaaad!!!!! Fat :confused: :confused: :confused: ???
Even if she was slightly larger, who cares!
I mean does everyone in the limelight have to be a size 1 or 2?
I think the main goal here would be Mary's health and well being.
How sad for her that she will be critiqued by people who will make such insensitive remarks about her for the rest of her life.

lashinka2002 said:
How sad for her that she will be critiqued by people who will make such insensitive remarks about her for the rest of her life.
Yeah, I think it is one of the negative side from being a public figure:eek:

Im not sure what happens to the flowers, i guess they throw them away? they cant hold on to them can they, im not sure.

When they were in Australia, all the flowers Mary recieved were given to hospitals and places like these later in the day.

even the bouquet of fruit tingles she recieved? lol

Yes, Emmielou, you´re right in that weight is such a sensitive issue with ladies, and I think we are all conditioned to it by advertisements and all that. Pity; we should all learn to look at true beauty (intelligence, personality, kindness etc) instead of dress size, but that isn´t realistic, is it? But let me just say that I think Mary is very pretty (and Keely too), whatever I may have said about fat and alll that, which I didn´t mean to suggest that either lady is ugly. Truce?

HELLO MAGAZINE ARTICLES

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/24/princessroundup/

Sans her woolly hat, a bundled-up Crown Princess Mary meets a tiny well-wisher during a tour of the Faroe Islands
Photo: © Rex
Click on photos to enlarge

Meanwhile, in sunny Spain, Crown Princess Letizia donned sizzling fuchsia as she weathered the hot temperatures near Barcelona
Photo: © AFP

marytit.gif

24 JUNE 2005

As much of Europe is enjoying a sizzling summer, one royal pair found themselves having to bundle up during an official jaunt up north.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his pregnant wife, Crown Princess Mary, donned winter wear as they continued their tour of the Faroe Islands, located between Scotland and Norway. With the archipelago's famously cool summer temps, the Australian princess found her cold-weather gear – in this case, a brown quilted coat and wooly hat – certainly came in handy.

Meanwhile, in contrast, another expectant princess was dressed in a cheerful fuchsia ensemble for the warm climate of the Mediterranean. Spain's Crown Princess Letizia, whose baby is due in November, donned the brightly-coloured skirt and summer jacket for a visit to the village of Sabadell, near Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom