Crown Prince Hamdan current events: August 2008-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

Hi everyone!!!
i was reading some news and it seams that Sheikh Hamdan or his investment group were trying to buy a english football team and thats makes me wonder: Is being the crown prince means that Sheikh Hamdan is going to get more money from his family? and is Sheikh hamdan self supporting?
here is the link anyway Football: Dubai group pulls out of deal to buy Charlton | Football | The Guardian

Zabeel is fund setup by the ruling Sheik of Dubai to invest Sheik Hamdans money yes.
Like most royal families the Maktoums give their family members money in some way. How much differs of course depending on who it is and what responsabilities they got.
As a crown prince Sheik Hamdan will be generously treated by his father no doubt, right now his personal fortune is estimated to be somewhere between $2-5 billions but he´s still young and I expect him to quietly amass a respectable fortune in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know Sheikh Mohammed set up the company for him? Maybe he did it himself.

Anyways nobody really knows who owns Zabeel. The chairman has refused to name any of its investor or investors, saying it is a private investment fund. And the specualtion that hamdan might be the owner came form a foreign newspaper. I will really like to know who owns it. Even though I think its Hamdan

Ah, but it was not any newspaper..it was the Financial Times who are very well connected to the Maktoum family so in this case I´m inclined to believe that they are right.
As for Sheik Mohammed setting up the company it was used to front a bid by him for control of Liverpool FC together with DIC just months after being formed so I think we can assume that he set up the company himself, and at this time Sheikh Hamdan was not crown prince so there was no real reason to involve him at that time.

And the beauty of these proposed football deals are that football associations don´t accept anonymous trust arrangements so the real would be owner(s) have to step forward.
Like how Sheik Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan eventually was revealed to be the new owner of Manchester City FC despite Dr Al-Fahim refusing to name any links to the Abu Dhabi Royal house when he brokered the deal.

Yes, I know it was the FT that revealed that it was Hamdan. I dont know about FT's connection to the Makotum family. FT did say it got its information from DIFX website (where Zabeel's office is) It named the chairman and Hamdan as owners when the comapny first sarted, but it later removed Hamdan's name a few weeks later.

Was Zabeel not formed before the first bid for liverpool? And before Zabeel linked up with DIC for Liverpool, it tried going for Manchester United.

I think everyone knew Mansour owned the company before it bought Manchester City.

I dont know if Zabeel has to named it real investors publicly (it can do that privately and list Mohammed Ali Al Hashimi as its owner that whats happened to Portsmouth FC), since the whole company has been but in the trust of its chairman Mohammed Ali Al Hashimi,

I fear that this thread is getting a bit out of shape and for that I apologise to everyone..:flowers:

But to get back to the post, Zabeel was formed in Fenruary 2006 and was involved in the Liverpool negations together with DIC the same autumn.
As for looking at Man United that smells like an idea by the former crown prince and Manchester United fan HH Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed but might just be the press making stories up as usual..The British tabloids in general are terrible.
ADUG that bought Man City was formed just days before the bid so I doubt that many had an idea about the owner, especially as it was registered as a daughter company of ADIA at the time, Sheik Mansour are on ADIAs board we might add.

The trust arrangements that are so common in the gulf are as I mentioned earlier not accepted by the football leagues, anyone buying a club have to own up their identity which is why I follow all such deals with a lot of interest.
As I remember it there was an investigation by the EPL to make sure that the Portsmouth owner not was a trustee recently?

ok. If we go on this thread will never end.

Is he dating someone?..any idea?..He seems to be a very busy guy with lots of responsibilities, I wonder if he can still spend quality time with his girlfriend..

Is he dating someone?..any idea?..He seems to be a very busy guy with lots of responsibilities, I wonder if he can still spend quality time with his girlfriend..

:flowers: Hi! muslim boys dont date its not alowed in their religion, Sheikh Hamdan doesnt date, or have any girlfriend. thats is whats is should be, anything far from this is pure especulation and gossip.

Take care!!!;)

In public at least...many from the region enjoy a cosmopolitan lifestyle not very different from other rich and famous people of course.

As for Sheikh Hamdan he´s a devout sportsman, crown prince etc so I doubt that he can find much time to enjoy himself, in particular in the midst of the global financial turmoil we have seen the last month.

Dubai as such lacks the wealth that Oil brings Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Saudi, so the Maktoums have invested heavily partly using borrowed money to make Dubai the economic hub of the region in a trading and financial sense instead.
So any global financial worries will affect Dubai even if they can most probably rely on the fabuosly rich Al-Nahyans to bail them out if things gets ugly given the importance of Dubai to the whole UAE.

Hi!! you re totally right, in some place here a i read "discretion is the name of the game" or something like that, i guess we ll never know. And this moment they all have plenty issues to worried about

Of course, muslim boys & girls date!:flowers: I am from Turkey & I am muslim. Our country is really modern so, in Turkey boys & girls can date!:flowers:

In Dubai & In Gulf countries lots of people don't date, because of their culture. But in Turkey, our culture is modern & so we date. Between Colombia's culture & Turkish culture are same in some ways & we're same in that,too!:)

Can we please keep religion out of the discussion since everyone has their own view points on what is/not allowed and since we dont know whether Sheikh Hamdan is dating or not can we please not speculate about it. This is a current event thread so lets try & stay on topic.

Thanks

I wouldn´t trust a man who never ever misbehaves anyway, it´s not human.
That said Hamdan do seem to take his responsabilities very seriously and in general (so far) seems like a family oriented guy which is the best you can hope for in a dynastic society I guess.
As to the question of him having the drive and vision of his father I reckon that he´s more of a caretaker than a groundbreaker which I personally feel is rather comfortable...less risky anyway.

In my opinion Maktoum is more serious than Hamdan but Hamdan also have a lot of responsibilities and work hard. I've lived in dubai and i know that these guys have a lot of money(unimaginable)!! they can do everything they want with their fortune ... and of course when you don't konw what to do with it it's normal that they spend all their time in drinking, having girls... It's a shame.

i hope you guys from dubai realize that you have destroyed the dreams of all the young female posters on this forum who have believed that hamdan is the example of purity and galantry.

To be honest they are doing a lot more than just partying, the downside of being part of a ruling House is that you must be on your toes constantly because not only must you safeguard what you got against outsiders and keep your people reasonably happy, you must also manouvre for position within the family hierarchy by showing your abilities, competence and commitment or your standing will be "downgraded" If you follow me.
Just look how Sheikh Hamdan was given the position of crown prince this year because Sheikh Rashid was deemed unsuitable.
That would have been unlikely if the monarchy was just ceremonial like in many other countries.
This of course provides excellent job opportunities for the sons of tribes/clans/families allied to the guys at the top because they are very keen to employ competent people that can take care of the tedious business of actually running things while of course it strengthens loyalties to the ruling House by having a tribe/clan/family member in a position of power.

Just my 2 cents...

i hope you guys from dubai realize that you have destroyed the dreams of all the young female posters on this forum who have believed that hamdan is the example of purity and galantry.

Come on Miss B...;)

I´m sure Sheikh Hamdan is very pleasant individual able to provide both galantry and charm to the girl of his dreams (how could anyone resist a poet as well..) and I´m sure they would be frustrated if finding him to pure of mind to woo a girl properly or unable to comprehend the more base sides of life.
We might all cheerish our hopes about anyone but in the long run we as humans need a true partner more than a perfect dream.

Or so I believe at least...

what i meant was that, they are not like the celebrities, at least from this part of the world, where media can find out what did X person.
that is why is so sad, everything is hide we dont have any specific or evidence, and there is people like me that cant afford a investigation trip to Dubai:ROFLMAO:. I just trust in what you say really.
And again, they are human, rich, powerfull i know they are having a GOOD FUN!!

i know where you are coming from. i have heard all these stories. i always thought hazza and tahnoun were the examples of "good behavior". after living in abu dhabi, i realize that there is a reason that they fly under the radar.

As amusing this discussion is I fear thgat we are getting away from Sheikh Hamdans current events..which is the threads purpose.

As for Sheikhs Hazza and Tahnoun bin Zayed they are a business tandem couple seen in a lot of places, the two of them are calling the shots in the very profitable First Gulf Bank for example.
What one wonders is how much their setups are part of Hazzas work as head of intelligence..?

Schwalker,
I know that sheikh Hamdan deserves the name of crown prince, he was all the time with his father he worked hard not like Rsahid and he was sheikh mo prefered son since he was eight and sheikh mo wrote a lot of poems to him. But it doesn't mean that he is so good so perferct....But I don't like "the other side" of their life multiple marriages and girls,drinking..... Fazza must be more modern than his father but it seems that he follows his footsteps, i hope that he will have one wife lol. In my opinion Maktoum is the most modern and serious boy in this family and he also has an university degree.
Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Matoum(a1 grand prix) is the most modern guy in The Matoum wealthy family and did a good job in Alfajr groupe with his father and speaks a perfect english too, i really like him.

Yes, but Sheikh Mo must surely prefer one of hos own sons to follow him even if Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum is the rising star within the Maktoum clan?

No one doubts that Sheikh Maktoum will be an extremely important and powerful part of the future though...;)

Schwalker,
The crown prince of sharjah isn't the son of the ruler he is his wife's brother so Mo can do the same... well it's not my choice lol it's just my opinion.

Jlova Good news and i'm sure that they will win in Malaysia wish them the best!

Who is that girl leaning on him, is that really hamdan?

This is not Hamdan. I think

:ROFLMAO:Is official i need to adjust my glasses lol. i had the same doubt, maybe someone could tell us if he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom