Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
December 7, 2004 COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - Prince Frederik and Princess Mary at Bent Fabricius Bjerres 80th birthday anniversary celebrated at Metronome studios in Copenhagen.

from polfoto...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 673
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 440
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 798
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 700
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 602
  • 257728_large.jpg
    257728_large.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 471
  • 2127558.jpg
    2127558.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 559
Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra attend the said event?

This is probably wrong thread to ask this in (ok, I know this is the wrong thread, but its a very small question), but any pics of Prince Joachim attending Bent Fabrics' birthday?

Jasl said:
This is probably wrong thread to ask this in (ok, I know this is the wrong thread, but its a very small question), but any pics of Prince Joachim attending Bent Fabrics' birthday?
You should ask this in the Prince Joachim thread; you might find the answer there or members who follow Joachim might be able to help you.

Thanks Alexandria, I've posted my question. And it also bumped up the Joachim news thread, which is always good (coz not enough attention is paid to this hard-working Prince IMO... GO JOACHIM!!)

Lyonnaise said:
I believe that only Prince Joachim attended.
I didn't see any pics of him in Colourpress or Polfoto...

Are you sure he attended??? because I only saw pics of The Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Princely couple

"AUSTRALIA is expecting a double dose of Scandinavian royalty in March
with Sweden announcing a visit by the heir to the Swedish throne, to
coincide with that of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of
Denmark.

Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will visit in
March for Swedish Style in Australia, a month-long celebration to
highlight Sweden's excellence in design, fashion, music, travel,
environmental sustainability and food.

The Danish Royal couple will visit Sydney from March 2, attending
various gala charity events.

The week of public engagements will include attending celebrations
for the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen
at the Danish-designed Opera House on March 7, before sharing a week
of private time with Princess Mary's family and friends.

The Swedish events, initiated by the Embassy of Sweden in Canberra,
aims to create new, and deepen existing, relationships between the
two countries.

Confirmed events include gala dinners, design exhibitions, a
performance of the ABBA musical Mamma Mia and a concert with pianist
Robert Wells, opera soprano Katarina Fallholm and Swedish pop star
Meja.

Karin Ehnbom-Palmquist, ambassador of Sweden to Australia, welcomed
the event, which will launch in Melbourne on March 10 and in Sydney
on March 16.

"Yes, it is true, Swedes love Australia," Mr Ehnbom-Palmquist said in
a statement.

"And yes, we do know Australians love ABBA and Bjorn Borg, but for
the first Swedish Style in Australia ever, we invite Australians to
experience modern Sweden in a range of exciting fields."

does anybody know what's going on with mary's danish? can she now talk properly?

Though I am not familiar with the Danish language but I have heard CP Mary talk from a previous engagement. I think that was last month. I watched a spanish channel here at home and they had a report on CP Mary and they did not had translations on the answer of the princess.

And I think her Danish has greatly improved. It sounds fluent though. The sessions she had before she was married last May and also maybe after she married really did help. her a lot.

carlota said:
does anybody know what's going on with mary's danish? can she now talk properly?
I would assume she speaks danish fluently by now.She has been taking lessons for about a year, and it would be easier for her to learn it cause she is in the country where shell be hearing the language 24/7

Apparently its hard to learn Danish in Denmark because the language is so difficult and everyone can speak English. So the advantage of being in the country is reduced if everyone starts speaking English to you instead of Danish.

Guess Who said:
Any up coming events for the couple?Are they having anything special for christmas?
The couple are going to spend the hollidays at Marselisborg Carstel with queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Princesse Alexandra,Prince Nikolai,Prince Felix and Prince Joachim.

The Danish language is wery hard also for us Danes. The last time i heard CP Mary speak Danish it was alot better then Prince Henrik, so she has improve it alot since the first day i heard her say somthin at her engagementday.

H.M. Margrethe said:
The couple are going to spend the hollidays at Marselisborg Carstel with queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Princesse Alexandra,Prince Nikolai,Prince Felix and Prince Joachim.
talk about a "strained" situation ! .... Joachim and Alexandra in one room, where they were a couple last year, and apart next year ?
.... jockeying for affection from the others ..

The Danish language is wery hard also for us Danes.
curious ... of the five scandinavian languages, is danish the very hardest to master?

The last time i heard CP Mary speak Danish it was alot better then Prince Henrik, so she has improve it alot since the first day i heard her say somthin at her engagementday.
australian teamwork versus french ego ? ;)

hrhcp said:
talk about a "strained" situation ! .... Joachim and Alexandra in one room, where they were a couple last year, and apart next year ?
.... jockeying for affection from the others ..
Why would or should it be a "strained" situation?

Even if there is no love any longer between Joachim and Alexandra they both do love their sons and by agreeing (even enjoying!) a Christmas together despite the separation and impending divorce Joachim and Alexandra are proving what mature adults they are and how they can put aside their differences for the sake of a plesant holiday with their sons.

The fact that for months they were obviously (in hindsight at least) living very separate lives yet putting on happy smiles as if they were still a couple in love through Frederik and Mary's wedding, Henrik's birthday and various other royal duties, and most recently the Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra awards earlier this week proves that they are capable of being in the same room with each for several hours without ripping each other's heads off.

I applaud them both for their maturity and their ability to put their sons' happiness above their own personal feelings.

Alexandria said:
Why would or should it be a "strained" situation?

Even if there is no love any longer between Joachim and Alexandra they both do love their sons and by agreeing (even enjoying!) a Christmas together despite the separation and impending divorce Joachim and Alexandra are proving what mature adults they are and how they can put aside their differences for the sake of a plesant holiday with their sons.

The fact that for months they were obviously (in hindsight at least) living very separate lives yet putting on happy smiles as if they were still a couple in love through Frederik and Mary's wedding, Henrik's birthday and various other royal duties, and most recently the Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra awards earlier this week proves that they are capable of being in the same room with each for several hours without ripping each other's heads off.

I applaud them both for their maturity and their ability to put their sons' happiness above their own personal feelings.
I also don't think they'd be ripping each other's heads off. I can't see them jockeying for affection either, they just don't seem the type of people to do that.

However I do think it would be a little bit "strained", which is totally normal IMO with couples who are about to divorce, especially when children are involved. Its unlikely that they'd be sleeping in the same room etc, which might be a change from previous years. But I think this is one truly loving family and I'm sure they'll have a wonderful Christmas.

Will their Greek and S-W-B cousins be joining them this Christmas?

Thanks to potter from CPMaryMB for posting this article from The Australian!

QUOTE Something about Mary
Sally Jackson
December 21, 2004

LIKE people meeting on blind dates, magazine editors know that they have to make a good first impression or it will most likely be their last.

They have just one to 1.5seconds, according to the head of one US journalism school who calculated that was the amount of time the average newsstand browser spends looking at the cover of a magazine. The blink of an eye can make the difference between an issue selling out or being left to moulder in a dejectedly dog-eared heap.

Which is why this year editors loved Princess Mary, the Tasmanian commoner who married a Danish prince, and Hollywood tween queens Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. They were the faces that guaranteed sales success, between them appearing on the covers of at least seven of the best-selling magazines of 2004.

The standout of the year was the December issue of Vogue Australia, which sold close to 100,000 copies - almost double its average monthly sales of 55,000 copies - thanks to an exclusive photo shoot with Mary following her May wedding to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

"The [cover photo] was the last shot we did and when we held the Polaroid up we all just loved it, including the princess," says editor Kirstie Clements. "The purple against the green, the royal colour, looked so beautiful, and she's got such great eye contact and such a great look on her face ... It's a very modern interpretation of a royal."

Clements, who engineered the palace coup after more than a year of correspondence with the princess, believes Mary won't do a similar photo shoot for a very long time. "Royalty don't do that all the time, it's not like they're models," she says.

Despite its increased print run, the issue appears to have sold out (there has yet to be a single unsold copy returned from newsagents), a delightful rarity for any magazine and a first in Clements's five years at Vogue.

Mary also delivered for The Australian Women's Weekly and New Idea, both of which posted their largest sales of the year when she was on the cover. "Royal weddings always do well," says Weekly editor-in-chief Deborah Thomas, whose June souvenir edition was also "pretty close" to being a sell-out.

New Idea did its wedding special in May, one of 10 covers that editor-in-chief Jennifer Gilbert put the princess on this year. And more Mary is in the pipeline for 2005. "When she comes out for the royal tour in March there will be a lot of interest in that," Gilbert says. "And the first baby can't be too far away."
Pretty good huh? I remember a time (last year) when some people kept saying that "Australians don't care about Mary". I think for the most part, we do, and I hope attendances at the upcoming Red Cross ball, Heart Foundation lunch etc in March (when F&M visit Australia) will reflect this (some tickets costs $3,000 though!).

For all the non-Australians, you can look forward to HEAPS of Vogue pics in their April/May 2005 issue! :)

Last edited:
Brudepigernes kjoler på museum

Nu kan folk på Marys fødeø gå helt tæt på en af de dybrøde kjoler, som hendes tre brudepiger bar til brylluppet den 14. maj.

Kjolerne er nemlig blevet en så vigtig del af den tasmanske historie, at en af dem nu bliver udstillet sammen med to lyserøde blomsterpige-kjoler på det lokale museum.

Folk på Tasmanien tog ellers længe forholdet mellem Mary og Frederik meget afslappet, men efterhånden som brylluppet kom tættere på, steg interessen, og det TV-transmitterede bryllup blev fulgt i næsten alle hjem.

Det var også australske kvinder, som havde alle hovedrollerne i det enorme bryllup. De tre brudepiger, som gik lige i hælene på Mary op gennem Vor Frue Kirke, var Marys to søstre Jane Stephens og Patricia Bailey og hendes bedste veninde, journalist Amber Petty. sch

The bridesmaids gowns will be at display at a local museum in Tasmania in the near future. The people of Tasmania will be able to get up close with the dresses Marys bridesmaids wore at her wedding in may.

I liked Mary's wedding dress...but i never really liked what the bride's maids wore...

I agree with you - but I know from experience how difficult it is to design anything when your bridesmaids are in a different country! you can see the draping style of the skirt and short jackets allowed a flexibility in the fitting of dresses from a distance. just a guess. at least the colours fit the beautiful scheme on the day!

Also, it's one thing to be outfitting 12 year old (and younger) bridesmaids and another to be outfitting 30 year old married women. I know Amber Petty isn't married, but Mary's sisters are.

And you know that the dresses may have looked better with the jackets off. Does anyone have a photo of that? Just curious.

Do they have any visit for making the Christmas?It 's the first Christmas of Mary with the Royal Family as the Crown Princess.
Princess Mary already finished her first year very good.She will become a good Queen.

At Frederik and Mary's official Web page (www.hkhkronprinsen.dk) there are several new pictures, including ones of Mary and Frederik and Mary together.

Could someone please post them here? I can't seem to save the pictures. (If anyone has a Mac, it would be most efficient, I think, as you can just drag the image into your files.)

New Pictures

Here are the new pictures

Attachments

• mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 565
  • fred.jpg
    fred.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 298
  • mary2.jpg
    mary2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 863
megknight said:
Here are the new pictures
Thanks for posting! I like the outfits, but I wish Mary had worn an updo in the first pic.

that first pic is gorgeous. They have good photographers in Denmark :)

thankx for the pictures.the 1st on is really nice, i dont know aboyt the other one, ive seen better, but loved the color she was wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom