Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether Lady Kitty ever gets tired as just being known as "Princess Diana's niece"?:cool:

I think we can say this is not a rumour. Kitty has shared several pictures of them together on her Instagram account. In one she shares a post 'with her love' from 2 years ago:

https://instagram.com/p/BBW9GLDA5-L/

It looks like she reused her gown from 2013 when she was pictured with then boyfriend Nick Compton.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/31/23/193E24CA000005DC-3105057-image-m-6_1433110307891.jpg

Men come and go, but a favorite dress is for a lifetime.

Last edited:

It would be a great match in terms of aristocracy. Lady Kitty of the Earls Spencer with Don Niccolò Barratieri dei conti di San Pietro.

The Barattieri family acquired the noble title of Count with the fief of San Pietro in Cerro on 9 November 1466 by Letters Patent of Donna Bianca Maria Sforza née Visconti, the Dowager Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan.

In 1993 the family placed their medieaeval ancestral seat, Castello di San Pietro (picture) in a special foundation to preserve it for the future. The family still uses it for special events but it is not in use as a daily residence. Here an interior shot: picture.

Last edited:
I think it is pretty nice too. As Centrepointe was a passion of Diana's. its heartwarming to see that the work there is a focus not only for her son, but also for her niece.

I wonder if we could have a slew of Spencer weddings in the near future. Lady Amelia has been with her boyfriend for 7 years, Lady Eliza with hers for 4 years. And now Kitty has reunited with Niccolo.

If/When they do marry, I wonder which country they’ll choose, England or SA. If Kitty stays with her current beau, Italy is a strong option.

Of course, the next question is will William or Harry choose to attend? William skipped Alexander Fellowes wedding, and Harry skipped Laura Fellowes wedding. I would assume with the Spencer girls being younger, and growing up in a different continent, that W & H would be less close to them than the Fellowes kids.

Wherever the girls marry, I hope we get to see the Spencer tiara again. It's a beautiful piece.

I wonder if we could have a slew of Spencer weddings in the near future. Lady Amelia has been with her boyfriend for 7 years, Lady Eliza with hers for 4 years. And now Kitty has reunited with Niccolo.

:previous: I'm not sure that there's more hedonism, but I am sure that it makes more headlines and there are more devices around to record it. :flowers:

I have to admit that at first, my reaction was "A fool and his money are soon parted". I always wondered how come fools got the money in the first place. :D

Then I read the article. It is all being done in support of a charity that Countess Spencer supports. Whole Child which aims to take care of children in orphanages around the world. Just from the pictures in the article, Althorp looks like a beautiful estate and I wouldn't mind spending a weekend there myself.

"Champagne Charlie" seems to have put on quite a bit of weight lately and really does resemble his late father, Johnny Spencer.

I like the line about the house not being a bastion or fortress of privilege- why then does it cost £27,000 for a couple to spend a weekend. Even if some of the money goes to charity, it seems excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She is not a look-alike to Diana...her eyes are really the only similar (and not exact) feature.

LaRae

:previous: That paper continues to frustrate me :bang: the title makes you think that Charles was referring to his own father simply as 'Di's dad'.:ermm: like that was all the man was to his son. Instead you read the article, and you find that it was John bemoaning at times he had been reduced to simply 'Di's dad' and lost his own identity. In the article Charles does a wonderful job of portraying his father as he remembers him, and shares some lovely stories. I wonder if either Harry or William have seen the painting.

Did the boys have much a relationship with their grandfather before he died? The attention is always on the royal grandparents and rarely on the other side. Well until recent years.

What a beautiful and loving tribute to Johnnie Spencer by his son. Although I've read quite a bit over the years about the Spencer family, this article really paints a very vivid picture of what Johnnie, 8th Earl Spencer was like and remembered as the gentleman he was.

Thanks for the link Dman.

What a beautiful thing to do. I hope William and Harry take the time to go and see it

Earl Spencer attended a Diana Award photocall at Barclays in London today, July 4. The Diana Award was set up as a lasting legacy to Princess Diana's belief that young people have the power the change the world for the better.

** gettyimages gallery **

Is it just me, or does this guy come off as a fruitcake? How many times has he been married? :ROFLMAO:

Is it just me, or does this guy come off as a fruitcake? How many times has he been married? :ROFLMAO:

During his days at Eaton, Charles Spencer (then Viscount Althorp) was best friends with (now) leading Brexiteer, Boris Johnson. I suppose that reinforces the assumption he is indeed a "fruitcake".

He has been married three times and has seven children in total.

3. Victoria Lockwood who he was divorcing when Diana died: mother of Kitty, Eliza, Amelia and his heir Louis. Caroline who is mother of Edmund and Lara. And now his Canadian wife Karen who is mother to Charlotte Diana. Karen's ex and father of her older 2 daughters is a major producer in Hollywoood (was nominated for an Oscar for Saving Private Ryan).

His former wife Caroline Freud, nee Hutton also has two sons from her first marriage to Matthew Freud: George Rupert Freud and Jonah Henry Freud.
His first wife Victoria also has a son with her second husband Jonathan Aitken

So Kitty, Eliza, Amelia and Louis have four half-siblings
Edmund and Lara - seven
Charlotte Diana - eight.

uuuhhh, what a mish-mash...Resembles a bit Iglesias-Preysler family.

Last edited:
Apart from the marriage stuff I really like him I don't think he's a fruit cake. I have heard a few interviews and I think he comes across as a good guy. The many marriages are a bit much but at least he got married and they all seem happy families

He has been married three times and has seven children in total.

well it is rather a large family but i woudln't say that three marriages is a terrible thing. His first 3 children were girls so he needed ot have an heir. Its more the fact that he seems to have been serially unfaithful to his first wife and somthing of a bully to her and his second wife said much teh same, that bothters me.

C Spencer's first wife Victoria had the heir, Louis, (admittedly after three girls) so he had no reason to go searching around for new blood like some modern day Henry VIII. IMHO Charles is just one of those serial adulterers who seem to pop up quite frequently among the aristocracy.

true but possibly his second or third wives wanted more children. however I think that 7 kids is a lto to cope with, from a practical point of view. And while he seems to have been unfaithful to Victoria, I don't know of this happening with other wives..

Yes, Sarah and Jane seem to be reasonably close to their nephews. The main thing I remember Sarah for though, since her sister's death, was that awful episode where she was apparently a leading light in circumventing Diana's wishes re her godchildren.

If what has been written about in the Press is true, that is that Diana wrote in a codicil to her will (a letter) that she wished some of her godchildren to receive sums of money, prized possessions etc, and those wishes were completely ignored, that was pretty appalling IMHO.

Some of her godchildrens' parents had been, in life, Diana's dearest friends. She doted on their small children. For them not receive their due but instead for the Spencer sisters to visit their homes to hand over odd little pieces of china, brick a brac etc was probably an awful shock. Diana must have been rattling in her grave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...es-executors-over-bequest-to-godchildren.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-228883/IS-THIS-THE-LAST-BETRAYAL.html

Last edited:
I think that it wans't a codicil but a "letter of wishes" so it did not have the force of law that a bequest had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom