Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 20s wedding dresses are not very flattering for the body (look at the Queen Mother...) and are quite "simple" by todays standards (no train, no volume). I am not so sure about how a 30s gown looks. The waist is higher, right? That is more flattering to me at least..

I agree that there probably will be a rather simple dress. Maybe lace parts but not to much. I wonder if something like Mette-Marits dress would be to her taste? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/f2/2d/6cf22dbcac2d28c15ce303a0e6c70ee0.jpg At least the angelic skirt? It's such a nice flow but still keeping it simple.
I agree about 1920's dresses being very unflattering for someone who is not wraith thin, and I would be gloriously happiness filled, if she wore something anywhere near Mette-Marit's magical gown.

Looking at simple lines in gowns there are only a few, Mette-Marit, Victoria and Stephanie. I include Stephanie because the beauty of the gown relied on the cut and style of the actual gown itself, regardless of the fact that it was a symphony in organza, chantilly lace, pearls, crystals and silver thread, etc. It was just classically simple. But to replicate that type of gown Sofia would have to go Elli Saab, and Sofia is a little less robust than Stephanie.

A gown like Victoria's would be far to severe for Sofia but, she would look amazing in a gown as simply designed as Mette-Marit's. She even sports the somewhat flat to the head updo that Mette-Marit chose.

It's interesting that in all the gowns advertised on line, not one had a gown that looks the least like any of these three. Perhaps it's just easier to go with the crinoline and lace classics or the "daring" gowns . . . you know, those figure-hugging mermaid gowns with no backs and a nod to the front!

It's months away, but this is a great time to speculate, and now hernameispekka has got me stuck on Mette-Marit style and her magical gown.

Last edited:
I think she will wear a show stopper dress and look great she has lots of the right people to help her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

On the cover of Expressen Extra
Sofia's secret wedding plan
The wedding - the guest - the dinner
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/fa/53/fa536a2ef4bc4be3bc67e01446209f9d/645@70.jpg

Mertil Melin, the Crown Equerry, the Head of the Royal Mews, has told to Expressen Extra, that at the planning of the wedding they are now choosing the place of the wedding dinner. The choices are the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and a third Palace/Castle. A cortege with horses and carriage from the wedding ceremony to the party seems to be sure too.
- The cortege has been featured on all weddings. Staff and horses we change, but the carriages are always the same. So we hope that there will be a horse drawn carriage this time too. It is a fine tradition, says Melin.

Another detail Expressen Extra reveals is that the military will play a major role in the celebrations. Prince Carl Philip is a trained officer and last year he was promoted to Major.
- The Navy and above all Amphibious Regiment AMF 1 in Vaxholm get a prominent role. Also several military bands will be in a visible role, tells a inside source and adds that the wedding will be a "calmer and more relaxed" wedding than the weddings of the princesses.
Nu avslöjas detaljerna inför Carl Philips och Sofias bröllop Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
Well, it seems that the wedding will have all the pomp and pageantry we expect for a royal wedding! I'm quite excited by the prospect!

Well, it seems that the wedding will have all the pomp and pageantry we expect for a royal wedding! I'm quite excited by the prospect!

It should be a big wedding, the Swedes so do know how to put on a show.

Mertil Melin, the Crown Equerry, the Head of the Royal Mews, has told to Expressen Extra, that at the planning of the wedding they are now choosing the place of the wedding dinner. The choices are the Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace and a third Palace/Castle. A cortege with horses and carriage from the wedding ceremony to the party seems to be sure too.

http://stoppapressarna.se/kungligt/nu-avslojas-detaljerna-infor-carl-philips-och-sofias-brollop
Interestingh. Wonder which is the third Palace/Castle they consider to use. There are quiet a fe Castles around Stockholm but most of them are not as big.

Interestingh. Wonder which is the third Palace/Castle they consider to use. There are quiet a fe Castles around Stockholm but most of them are not as big.

But they can put a marquee outside the palace, like they did at Madeleine's wedding, the dinner was at the marquee, not at Drottningholm Palace.

Might the choice be a function of how many guests are expected? :ermm:

I like Grace best, and it would be a smart move if she chose a Swedish designer. But I don't think we will see a dress from any collection. It's more likely that she will have something designed uniquely for her.

My choice would be Estelle or Anastacia (without the ridiculous big bow :bang: )

I like the Grace and Giselle dresses the best, and the Estelle dress is also quite nice. I think the Giselle dress is my favourite of them all. It would look lovely with the six button tiara.

I'm not a fan of the Anastasia dress, as that lace and bow together is a bit much for me.

Which dress by Lars Wallin did Vicky Andrén wear?

Giselle is very lovely, that's the one I think I would go with myself. A long version of Carrie would be gorgeous as well. I also think Grace is nice but the band in the middle kills it a little for me.

Which dress by Lars Wallin did Vicky Andrén wear?

I reckon Vicky's dress was bespoke. If Sofia chooses a Wallin dress, I think it's safe to assume that hers will be as well.

Lars Wallin designs a lot of haute couture, Victoria and Madeleine have worn his dresses. Wallin designed a unique wedding dress for Vicky Andrén, because Vicky is his friend and Vicky has modelled Wallin's couture for many years, and still does, Vicky at Wallin's website.
http://www.larswallin.com/press/

Last edited:
I suspect Sophia will go for a conservative classic look in a wedding dress.

LaRae

She doesnt strike me as the 'conservative classic' type, IMHO. I'll bet there is a fair amount of SH's cleavage on display on the wedding day.

She doesnt strike me as the 'conservative classic' type, IMHO. I'll bet there is a fair amount of SH's cleavage on display on the wedding day.

She may not be conservative, but she has never struck me as stupid.

I dont know about stupid, not being privy to her IQ. I think she has made some spectacularly bad choices in the past including her lack of education and so on. She has often times chosen quite dubious dresses. We shall see what she chooses for the wedding in June. Hopefully something appropriate.

Last edited:
IMO She will dress well. She is likely receiving the Queen's input. Maybe even the King's. ;) Just a hunch. :flowers: I doubt she will be in a rebellious mode seeking to make 'her' statement at her wedding. Plenty for that kind of thing much later down the road if that's her inclination.

If left to her own devices and still in her old way of life then perhaps she would be inclined to be more flashy. However she's been pretty mindful of her clothing since becoming involved with CP and certainly since they got engaged. You don't seriously think she's going to wear something revealing or tacky to her wedding do you? Not going to happen. She will be appropriately attired.

LaRae

If left to her own devices and still in her old way of life then perhaps she would be inclined to be more flashy. However she's been pretty mindful of her clothing since becoming involved with CP and certainly since they got engaged. You don't seriously think she's going to wear something revealing or tacky to her wedding do you? Not going to happen. She will be appropriately attired.

LaRae
I agree. Even if that was still her taste (which we have seen no proof of), she is not stupid. And even if she was stupid, she will be advised and have all things okey-ed by other people. So calm down, there will be no shocking dress....

I don't think there will be any middle ground it will be either love it or hate it. Because Sophie herself divides people can guess her dress will do the same
It will be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It also would be interestin to see if many of the guests will be among Sofia's friends and tv celebs...

I agree. Even if that was still her taste (which we have seen no proof of), she is not stupid. And even if she was stupid, she will be advised and have all things okey-ed by other people. So calm down, there will be no shocking dress....

'Even if it was still her taste"..it wasnt that long ago...What do you mean 'we have no proof of' ? There are photos all over the web? I feel liike I should be signing off 'Thanks Sofia' for your editorial, because I dont know what you are basing this on if you are not in the room. JMHO of course.

Last edited:

LaRae

I know she wore a skin tight, short, red dress with a full zip up the back for the engagement photos, which I considered to be clingy/revealing and tacky, But thats JMHO of course:flowers: Did you think that was a good choice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom