Burial sites of German royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
The Berlin Cathedral, also known as the Evangelical Supreme Parish and Collegiate Church, is a monumental German Protestant church and dynastic tomb (House of Hohenzollern) on the Museum Island in central Berlin.

The Protestant Church of Peace is situated in the Marly Gardens on the Green Fence in the palace grounds of Sanssouci Park in Potsdam, Germany.

German Royal Burial Sites

Royal Burial Sites of the Kingdom of Prussia

Friedrich III, Emperor Mausoleum c.1900

At Hohenzollern Castle there is a crypt and a cemetery where several members of the Family are buried.

Prince Alfred was the unhappy son of Affie Duke of Saxe Coburg and Gotha, the second son of Queen Victoria. According to rumours, Alfred shot himself with a revolver (though apparently he was suffering from syphilis) while the rest of the family was gathered for his parents’ 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

He survived and was looked after at Schloss Friedenstein in Gotha (Thuringia) for three days before being sent to the Martinsbrunn Sanatorium in Gratsch near Meran in the County of Tyrol (Austria-Hungary, now Italy). Alfred died there at 4:15 pm on 6 February 1899, aged 24 years. He was buried in the ducal mausoleum of the Friedhof am Glockenberg, Coburg, Bavaria (southern Germany).

At Hohenzollern Castle there is a crypt and a cemetery where several members of the Family are buried.
The first pics are showing the Crypt in the Berliner Dom which usually is open to the Public (at the moment it is renovated). Only the last pic show the cemetery at Hohenzollern Castle where Crown Prince Wilhelm and Crown Princess Cecilie and several of his siblings are buried. It is however not open to the public

Kaiser Willem II will stay in his mosoleum Huis Doorn in the Netherlands. I don't know who is the owner of this House near Uttrecht ?

Kaiser Willem II will stay in his mosoleum Huis Doorn in the Netherlands. I don't know who is the owner of this House near Uttrecht ?
It belongs to the dutch State as they expropriated it after 1945.

The first pics are showing the Crypt in the Berliner Dom which usually is open to the Public (at the moment it is renovated). Only the last pic show the cemetery at Hohenzollern Castle where Crown Prince Wilhelm and Crown Princess Cecilie and several of his siblings are buried. It is however not open to the public
There was a separate Hohenzollern Burial chapel at the back of Berlin Cathedral but this was blown up by the East German Government in 1975,the monuments and coffins thankfully were moved to the crypt of the cathedral.
Unlike the badly damaged Cathedral the chapel was unscathed following WWII.
Der Berliner Dom braucht eine neue Kirche - B.Z. – Die Stimme Berlins

There was a separate Hohenzollern Burial chapel at the back of Berlin Cathedral but this was blown up by the East German Government in 1975,the monuments and coffins thankfully were moved to the crypt of the cathedral.
Unlike the badly damaged Cathedral the chapel was unscathed following WWII.
Der Berliner Dom braucht eine neue Kirche - B.Z. – Die Stimme Berlins
Thanks. Didn't about that burial Chapel. Have my doubts that it will be rebuild anytime soon, as at the moment the Crypt inside the Dom is undergoing bit renovations.

Thanks. Didn't about that burial Chapel. Have my doubts that it will be rebuild anytime soon, as at the moment the Crypt inside the Dom is undergoing bit renovations.
It was disgraceful that it was blown up and having survived the ravages of WWII.

I believe it was only meant as a temporary burial as his wish was to be returned to Germany ,ofcourse this never happened.

I believe it was only meant as a temporary burial as his wish was to be returned to Germany ,ofcourse this never happened.
It was wish to return to Germany when it has become a monarchy again. And there to be buried between his two wives. As that is very unlikely to ever happen, he probably will stay there forever

Back
Top Bottom