Birth of Lady Louise (November 8, 2003) and Christening (April 24, 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby could be named Isabel or Isabella, which are versions of Elizabeth and very popular nowdays.

I have a feeling no matter what the baby's first name she will have Elizabeth as a second or third name in honour of the Queen and Queen Mum. Margaret could also be a second or third name, for Princess Margaret's memory.

A name just popped into my head - Cassandra that would be nice. So Lady Cassandra Elizabeth Margaret, perhaps?

TC
Barbara

:flower: Lady Elizabeth Victoria Mary was my choice...but then again Lady Elizabeth Mary Helen is a nice name too...

:heart: I definitely think that "Elizabeth" will be the child's first name. As for middle names, I like Victoria Mary Alexandra Helena Sophie Louise Alice. :flower:

countess sophie wessex leaves the hospital and thanks staff. she is hapy to be back home and with her daughter.
sophie-dop1a.jpg

sophie-dop2a.jpg

Well, I am glad that Sophie is well enough now to go home, but it's terribly sad that her little daughter can't come home with her. But nice to see Edward at her side.

The Countess looks so put together after her whole ordeal. Congratualtions on her release, she looks well, and extremely happy at being allowed to leave!

im so glad to see her get out hospital!

im kinda disappointment to see her baby get home because its so premature! maybe wait til month or years if Sophie will visit her baby after she out of hospital. i promise.

Sara Boyce

:clap: :clap:

I am so glad to here that the Countess is home with her husband. She looks remarkably well rested considering the expected stress with the status of her daughter.

But I think it´s usually that the baby will stay in hospital as long as the expected birthday or almost to this, in Sophie's case, December 5th.

Liv is correct with the above. Unless the baby gains weight and shows significantly quick improvement, premature infants aren't usually released much before their expected due date in order for the hosital medical staff to insure that the lungs are developed and the infant will be able to thrive once it goes home. Premies tend to get to what would have been their normal function and weight, etc... by their second birthday. They will catch up with their "peers" as long as there are no complications.

Again, congrats to the couple and God bless Baby Wessex and Sophie!

peace. Zara :flower:

Originally posted by Britters@Nov 19th, 2003 - 1:38 pm
The Countess looks so put together after her whole ordeal. Congratualtions on her release, she looks well, and extremely happy at being allowed to leave!
I agree, Britters. Sophie does look remarkably well and pulled together for someone who went through such an ordeal less than 2 weeks ago. And how emotional she must feel with not being able to leave with her daughter and what a brave front she is putting on.

19 NOVEMBER 2003

From Hello!

Looking pale but with a broad smile on her face, Prince Edward's wife Sophie has finally left hospital after being admitted for an emergency Caesarean section 12 days earlier. The 38-year-old royal said she was "thrilled" to be going home.

Dressed in a beige trouser suit under a camel coat, the Countess paused to kiss a member of the nursing staff as she left the building. "I can't thank the staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon," she said.

Sophie underwent emergency surgery after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on November 8. Her daughter, who arrived four weeks prematurely, was taken to a special neo-natal unit in St George’s hospital in south London, but has since been returned to Frimley Park.

The still-unnamed baby - who will continue to be treated in hospital for the time being - is "doing very well", said the proud mum, who described the new addition to their family as "wonderful".

1.Britain's Prince Edward and his wife, the Countess of Wessex leave Frimley Park Hospital, Wednesday Nov. 19, 2003, following the premature birth of their baby 12 days ago. The baby - as yet unnamed - daughter will remain in the hospital for further treatment. (AP Photo/Tim Ockenden-pa)

2-4.Sophie, Britain's Countess of Wessex, smiles as she leaves Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey following the birth of her daughter, November 19, 2003. Sophie has been in hospital since giving birth by emergency Caesarean Section on November 8, 2003. REUTERS/Hugo Philpott

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 220
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 220
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 227
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie leaves hospital after premature birth

LONDON (AFP) - The wife of Prince Edward, the youngest son of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, left hospital cheerfully, 11 days after giving birth to a daughter following an emergency Caesarian operation.

Sophie Rhys-Jones, Countess of Wessex, told reporters outside hospital she felt "fine" and, when asked how the baby was, replied: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

The baby girl, who remains under observation and has yet to be named, weighed four pounds nine ounces (2.1 kilograms) and was several weeks premature.

Sophie said the baby -- initially transferred to a special neo-natal unit in south London, then reunited with her mother at Frimley Park hospital in Surrey, south of the capital -- would follow her home "soon".

New mother Sophie leaves hospital

The Countess of Wessex had been in hospital for 11 days
The Countess of Wessex has left hospital, 11 days after the premature birth of her daughter.
Sophie underwent an emergency Caesarean section at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on 8 November.

The baby, who was four weeks premature and 4lbs 9oz when she was born, will stay in hospital for treatment.

Asked how the as yet unnamed baby was, Prince Edward's wife said: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

She added: "I can't thank staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon. I am thrilled to be going home."

'Emotional moment'

The baby was initially taken to the neo-natal unit of St George's Hospital in Tooting, South London, for special care but was moved back to the Surrey hospital six days ago.

Prince Edward, who missed the birth as he was on a state visit to Mauritius, was with his wife and daughter when they were reunited and described it as "quite an emotional moment".

The birth caused controversy after it was revealed that a police inspector had failed to send an ambulance to Sophie's Bagshot Park home.

He mistakenly believed one had already been called and his error meant the countess had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance after going into labour prematurely.

The inspector has since been moved to desk duties and Surrey Police have apologised to Sophie.

Attachments

• _39588861_sophie_long.jpg
    _39588861_sophie_long.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 480
Polfoto 19-11-2003 - The Countess of Wessex Sophie Rhys-Jones leaves Frimley Park Hospital following her emergency caesarean.

IBL

Attachments

• 275.jpg
    275.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 275a.jpg
    275a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 275b.jpg
    275b.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 275c.jpg
    275c.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 290a.jpg
    290a.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 574
  • 290b.jpg
    290b.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 595
  • 290c.jpg
    290c.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 645
  • 290d.jpg
    290d.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 600
she looks wonderful!!!! I am so glad for her and her husband! Is it known when their little daughter can come home as well?

Originally posted by syima@Nov 19th, 2003 - 6:27 pm
New mother Sophie leaves hospital

The Countess of Wessex had been in hospital for 11 days
The Countess of Wessex has left hospital, 11 days after the premature birth of her daughter.
Sophie underwent an emergency Caesarean section at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey after suffering cramps at her Bagshot Park home on 8 November.

The baby, who was four weeks premature and 4lbs 9oz when she was born, will stay in hospital for treatment.

Asked how the as yet unnamed baby was, Prince Edward's wife said: "She is wonderful. She is doing very well."

She added: "I can't thank staff and the medical team and nurses at Frimley Park enough for all they have done for me and our beautiful daughter who will be joining us at home to complete our family very soon. I am thrilled to be going home."

'Emotional moment'

The baby was initially taken to the neo-natal unit of St George's Hospital in Tooting, South London, for special care but was moved back to the Surrey hospital six days ago.

Prince Edward, who missed the birth as he was on a state visit to Mauritius, was with his wife and daughter when they were reunited and described it as "quite an emotional moment".

The birth caused controversy after it was revealed that a police inspector had failed to send an ambulance to Sophie's Bagshot Park home.

He mistakenly believed one had already been called and his error meant the countess had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulance after going into labour prematurely.

The inspector has since been moved to desk duties and Surrey Police have apologised to Sophie.
By the way, none of us has seen Sophie's daughter yet. Do any of you think that Sophie's daughter can possiblely be beautiful? If she's got Sophie look? Sophie does has a typical country-side girl's look.

I hope the baby can have windsor's look. The windsors certainly look better than the Rhys- Jones. Plus their manner, somthing that the Rhys Jones do not have in their blood.

I have read a lot of articles from this site. I think all the writers have been admires to Sophie. BUT I am not any one of you. I hope you can development some sort of expensive tasts about woman. Sophie Rhys Jones CERTAINLY is not beautiful. She is nothing! She does not have a degree nor a good family. She liked to be in the street before she married the prince. She looks like a maid to Edward. Really!

They do not have a match look.

Sophie

Attachments

• 269166p.jpg
    269166p.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 946
Sophie looks fine styles! i like her dress and her hats looks famous! she makes creates from designer when she got into royals no matters what she wanted it! when Sophie being date Prince Edward since 1993 til her wedding day for longtime but I would admire of her styles like Princess Diana's styles!

Sara Boyce

Your animosity towards Sophie is appalling to say the least!
I like Sophie because she behaves in a normal manner. She is not some half-baked stooge. Sophie is doing her best and I applaud Sophie for staying true to her "typical country-side girl's look" (as you gallantly put it.)

Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.
--Queen Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)

By the way, none of us has seen Sophie's daughter yet. Do any of you think that Sophie's daughter can possiblely be beautiful? If she's got Sophie look? Sophie does has a typical country-side girl's look.

I hope the baby can have windsor's look. The windsors certainly look better than the Rhys- Jones. Plus their manner, somthing that the Rhys Jones do not have in their blood.

I have read a lot of articles from this site. I think all the writers have been admires to Sophie. BUT I am not any one of you. I hope you can development some sort of expensive tasts about woman. Sophie Rhys Jones CERTAINLY is not beautiful. She is nothing! She does not have a degree nor a good family. She liked to be in the street before she married the prince. She looks like a maid to Edward. Really!

They do not have a match look.

Sophie [/b]

According to you, something is nothing if he doesn't have "good blood"??? My God, much of the posters on this forums are also nothing, and certainly you too! You don't know her personally, do you? Why are you juudging someone about whom you know nothing?

Gee, gloria. Think you're quite harsh regarding Sophie.

I think she's an attractive and genuine lady who seems to NOT want to draw too much attention to herself.

Attachments

• sophie2.jpg
    sophie2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 521
oh it's always lovely when someone is judged merely for superficial reasons.

what insightful posts you have given us Gloria

Enough already! This thread is meant to discuss the birth of the Wessex baby - not the looks of her mother and how superficial members may be.

Let's stay on track here and get back to the baby.

This is not permission, however, to go into another thread and re-hash the discussion of Sophie's looks there. While everybody has a right to share their opinions, by the same token please refrain from judging the opinions of others.

Do you know when the name of the baby will be publish.I´ve thought it will be the day that Sophie leaves the hospitel,but this didn´t happen and now I think it will be the day the baby leaves the hospital.I believe this won´t be before The end of the month...
One more week to speculating about the name...keep on... :heart:

Well, last week, I heard that the name would be announced in 2 weeks, so I'm guessing it might be anounced in the coming week or weekend (I hope this is the case). But we must remember that The Earl and Countess of Wessex have not been able to sit down ad really discuss the name and I'm sure The Queen would like to be involved.

Who cares what Sophie looks like? I think she looks 'right. Moving on, are there any new developments in the naming of Baby Windsor?

Well, on the "Name Sophie's Baby" board, someone posted that there was a RUMOUR that the baby's name is expected to be Elizabeth Mary Helen. This in no in comformation of this info. I expect that the name should be announced within the coming week (or at least I hope), yet who knows, these things can take a while.

the name has yet to be announced. the Queen has to give permission to the name of the baby and i guess that's possibly the reason why there is a delay. i'm eagerly waiting too.. hopefully it wil be announced next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom