Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this hype of Kate possibly being in labour. Whoever released that intial tweet (or who ever initially informed someone) should be told off. Breach of confidentiality there in a nutshell!

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so she better hurry up if she's having it now. I want to visit TRF for atleast a minute before I go if it's born now.

I just searched Kate Hospital. :flowers:

Thanks! Seems that most of the rumour stems from someone who's friend is in A&E and has been told the hospital is a buzz as Kate has been admitted.

Thanks! Seems that most of the rumour stems from someone who's friend is in A&E and has been told the hospital is a buzz as Kate has been admitted.

Can you tell me what A&E stands for? Just wondering

I just searched Kate Hospital. :flowers:

Thanks! Seems someone has posted that they have a friend in A&E who has been told by a nurse that the hospital staff are all a buzz as Kate has been admitted.

I think it would be good that after 2 Kings it would be nice to have a Queen. Queens generally do well and it will be time for a change by then. I just love the way you can dress up little girls. LOL I am an Aunt over 30 times and a Great Aunt 20. The little girls are always more fun to buy for and dress. Little boys do have better clothes these days and I would hope that Kate dresses her kids a little more modern. Even for the time William and Harry were a little old fashioned in their clothes when they were young. I didn't even think of the jewelry side of things.There was a big piece written about how helicopter pilots more often then not have girls so the chances are pretty good it will be a girl. LOL I have read that William would like a girl and Kate a boy of course that is just what the press have said. I think they will be happy no matter what they get.

Perfectly stated!!!

21.17 pm London Time.

Have just seen LIVE BBC AND SKY NEWS, no mention whatsoever of the Duchess of Cambridge. I am treating this as a fake story, which I believe it is. The Duchess is probably at home right now watching TV.

Clarence House ---- not even mentioning the Duchess of Cambridge in any capacity whatsoever. Unless I hear it LIVE from the BBC/SKY NEWS/CLARENCE House, ---- no other media outlet has any credibility whatsoever.

Last edited:
I just went to the Lindo Wing's website they don't have an ER there.

It's been said several times that the media will be informed when Catherine is admitted to the hospital, so until we have a confirmed media report I wouldn't get too excited about Twitter rumours.

I just went to the Lindo Wing's website they don't have an ER there.

The Lindo Wings it the Obstetric part of St Mary's Hospital so it does not have an A+E. St Mary's Hospital will have an A+E department, but the likelihood of Catherine being admitted to the Lindo Wing via A+E is very slim. Even if an ambulance is called they would immediately take her to the labour ward, no matter what hospital she is driven to. I say that because if an emergency takes place nowhere near St Mary's, Catherine would be taken the nearest NHS hospital with a labour ward, just like in Sophie's case. She was due to give birth at the Lindo Wing, but things took place that had to be taken care of ASAP.

That was my understanding as well.

Starting with Victoria , there has been over a 120 years of a reigning Queen compared to around 50 years of a King. The reigns of Charles and William would probably mirror Edward VII and George V length so that maybe 40 more years

Still more time for queens than a king. I think that the fact that if a girl she would reign has boosted the girl hopes. I think a boy would have an easier time with the interest not having to worry about fashion, hair and weight issues like a girl would.

It really doesn't matter what baby c is as long as he/she and Kate are well after baby c comes.

I am hoping for the Middleton hair gene to trump the balding gene from William. Grandpa Mike has some nice locks. :)

Correction, not more queens than kings. More years with a queen, but 2 queens to four kings.

The difference is Baby C would be Heiress Apparent to the throne. No female has held that title in the UK. Elizabeth, even when there were no brothers and they knew there would not be, was Heiress Presumptive. This little one if a girl, is a benchmark, the first female to hold the title, the first female to not have to worry about being displaced by a brother. Many people are excited for it to be a girl, because they want to see this new change in laws actually come into play, they want to see the first heiress to the throne, apparent not presumptive.

Since Victoria, the first and even second borns have been sons, until Elizabeth and Margrat, so it made little difference. Other than with Anne, who'd have come after Charles and not her two younger brothers and their children. Victoria's eldest child was her daughter Victoria.

I was comparing the number of years that a queen reigned compared to a king reigning not the number of kings versus queens. If you add the potential reigns of Charles and William it still doesn't match the years of Victoria and Elizabeth

According to Royal Central Kate goes into hospital sometime next week.

I was comparing the number of years that a queen reigned compared to a king reigning not the number of kings versus queens. If you add the potential reigns of Charles and William it still doesn't match the years of Victoria and Elizabeth

The potential reigns of William and Charles won't add up to the combined years of Victoria an Elizabeth, no, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out either of them having longer reigns.

We can expect Charles to be as long lives as his parents. He's always been in good health, he keeps a healthy diet, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink heavily. If HM lives to be 100, then Charles will ascend at age 77, and if he lives to be 100 his reign will be 23 years. Not exactly short.

At that point, William will be 67. He's not likely to live to 100 as his lifestyle hasn't been as healthy as his father, but if he did then his reign would be 33 years.

At that point, Baby Cambridge would be 56. Still going with the 100 year age, that would give it a reign of 44 years. If Baby Cambridge is male, that would give the 3 men a collective reign of 100 years, just 20 shy of the collective of the two Queens.

Not exactly a title, it's a position.

It is both. The position is heir to the throne. The title is either heir apparent or heir presumptive. Heir apparent has never referred to a female before. There have been female heirs to the throne, but never a female heir apparent.

It is both. The position is heir to the throne. The title is either heir apparent or heir presumptive. Heir apparent has never referred to a female before. There have been female heirs to the throne, but never a female heir apparent.

What I was trying to say is that no one is "His Royal Highness the Heir Apparent" or "Her Royal Highness the Heiress Apparent".

It's still not a title. It's a position.

What I was trying to say is that no one is "His Royal Highness the Heir Apparent" or "Her Royal Highness the Heiress Apparent".

Correct. One may hold the position of heir/heiress to the throne but such a designation is not a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom